Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is Mcdohl a good owner of the soul eater?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodspeed87

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SORRY! My avatar was way too uberhuge, please don't ban me for it, I fixed it right here... thankyou SARSadmin

Edit: Thank me for what? Anyhow, ease up on the double posting. Also, your avatar is still too huge. If this isn't resolved within a day, your privs will be removed. thx.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe I`m missing something, but why the heck should Tir die after taking off the Rune? He`s still just a teenager at the end of S2, or in his 30`s during S3. AFAIK he`d just live out his life normally. Didn`t the Flame Champion die because he`d had his life extended beyond it`s natural limit already? If we assume he was 20 during the first Fire Bringer war, he`d be around 70 during S3...pretty old for a medieval world. People die at 70 even in the modern, western world, after all.

This makes me think...I`ve always just assumed a True Rune freezes the aging process, but apparently not. For example, if the FC got the True Fire Rune at 20, I`d think he`d just live on as if he was still 20 when he took it off. But his years seemed to have caught up with him when he did, so that makes me wonder exactly how they work...

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He wouldn't die if he removes the soul eater during his natural lifetime, unless he was injured in a way that only keeping the rune on would keep him alive. Even if he removed it after his natural lifetime he would still live a few years. As for the original Flame Champion he was injured by his own magical outburst and he removed his rune which would have kept him alive, but he wanted to live with his wife or what ever so he chose to die.

But as for just having it removed i doubt it would workas far as i know it has always been attached to someone (leader of viallage of the hidden rune, Ted, guy who stole the rune from ted, and Tir), It probably wouldn't be able to be removed without being attached to someone else, kind of like how the rune of punishment is described when it kills of its current owner automatically attaches to someone else. Not allowing itself to remain stagnant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

deadfoxx wrote:
He wouldn't die if he removes the soul eater during his natural lifetime, unless he was injured in a way that only keeping the rune on would keep him alive.

Err...unless I`m very wrong, wearing a True Rune doesn`t really make you immortal...it just makes you ageless. You can`t die of old age(so it protects from all kinds of diseases, supposedly), but I`m pretty sure you can still die from physical injuries. Kind of like the Elves in the LotR series.

the vengeful lynx

126422 Potch
23 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think some people tend to forget some things, first of all, almost all the friend of tyr know how to fight and would'nt be captured so easily. secondly, tyr is as strong as an army so it should take at least many true rune bearer to take him by force. plus i think that the true rune has a mind of its own, remember when windy tried to take it by force and were rejected, then she said'' why do you reject me oul eater, i am the perfect host for you, you could eat as many soul as you want'' or something like that. so i tend to think that the rune has a true mind and will of its own and that make it less dangerous than some may think. Plus, when riou and Jowy recieved the rune of beginnig, does'nt Leeknat say '' the ruen of beginning has chosen you...'' so the rune will only attach it self on a host that seems to fit it.

oh yaeh another thing. the rune make you ageless but what some people seems to not understand is that you stop aging like if the time stopped for you . so- when you removed the true rune it like if the time just restarted like if you were playing a video and you made put iot on ''pause'' mode.
humm i think that about all for now i find something else i'll just writte it 8)
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cyrano wrote:
oh yaeh another thing. the rune make you ageless but what some people seems to not understand is that you stop aging like if the time stopped for you . so- when you removed the true rune it like if the time just restarted like if you were playing a video and you made put iot on ''pause'' mode.

That's actaully incorrect. When one removes the rune time catches up to them very quickly, resulting (most likely, unless taken off during a normal lifespan) in death.
Aparently one have a bit of a 'grace period,' which is what keeps Geddoe alive and not super-fast-aging when Luc steals the True Rune from him in S3. We just have no knowledge on how much time this is.

...um. I think you were saying that time/aging starts up at a normal rate again when a true rune is removed. If you weren't trying to say that, I'm sorry.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cirape wrote:
Cyrano wrote:

That's actaully incorrect. When one removes the rune time catches up to them very quickly, resulting (most likely, unless taken off during a normal lifespan) in death.
Aparently one have a bit of a 'grace period,' which is what keeps Geddoe alive and not super-fast-aging when Luc steals the True Rune from him in S3. We just have no knowledge on how much time this is.

Uh, no.

Wyatt is known to have been around for quite a while(about the same as Geddoe, maybe a bit less), and he sealed the true water rune, and he didn't catch up with his true age.

Ted was about 300 years old when he gave the Soul Eater to Tir. About 2 years passed until he commanded the Soul Eater to kill him at Seek Valley. He didn't catch up with his true age on that time, and i doubt the "grace period" is that long.

All the way to the edge of this world
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whether McDohl is a good owner or not is irrelevant. He's the current bearer and that's all there is to it, really. I think McDohl's hands are probably amount the best the soul eater could have fell into; I mean, think about it. If not for him, it would have fallen into Windy's hands (through Ted).

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wyatt's rune was not completely sealed. He sealed half of his True Rune while retaining a half of it on himself, thus retaining his agelessness.

As for Ted, it's explained that he was still within his "grace period" due to his intimate connection with the Soul Eater and his total mastery over the rune (he can command it even if it is not in himself, much like Sierra).
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't half of the rune sealed in the sindar ruins and the other half on alma kinan?
I never completely understood that part of the game, so it's no surprise if i got it all wrong.

Anyway, there could be other examples, such as Joshua, who passed his place on the dragon knights down to someone else (therefore giving away the dragon rune), but we don't know when it exactly happened, or what effect it had on Joshua.
Last thing i heard is he was alive but retired, so it'd be possible to asume that he didn't catch up on his age, but then, for all we know, he may have passed down the rune a week before we are told of it in S3, so....

Oh well.

But, aside from Luc's comment to Geddoe, what evidence is there to proove that true rune bearers will age comparatively quickly after losing the true runes?

All the way to the edge of this world
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it does not depend on how long it was attached but on how many times it was used. As we know the old flame champion used it in the war against Harmonia and even used it until it got out of control, so maybe it depends on how many times it's full power was used. In addition to that, as I recall well even Leknaat warned Tir not to use his true rune's power because it was dangerous to do so at the end against Windy's summoned monsters. In case of Jimba and Ted I don't really remember that it was mentioned that they used there true rune's full power in anyplace or anyway. So that's way they were able to live a lot longer even when they took them of, and we shouldn't also forget the previous bearers of the Black Sword and the White Shield runes even after they sealed them they were able to live a lot longer but that wouldn't fit since there runes weren't a complete true rune.

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Flame Champion also died quickly after he sealed his True Fire Rune.

Furthermore, Wyatt didn't seal his other half at Alma Kinan. The Alma Kinan"seal" was one of the things that kept the door to the Sindar Ruins closed--it was a "key."

We also have no official info on Joshua--whether he is dead or alive.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Tir did great with the souleater i mean it kinda got thrown upon him by Ted it's not like he was prepared to have it so all in all i think he was pretty good with it he kept it under pretty good control and all but i mean hopefully he learns to master it quickly i mean who wants to watcha nd hear about all there companions dieing that would majorly suck
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fact of the matter is, having a true rune is both a privelige and a burden, with both the effects they have on you and those around you, I can only imagine the burden. then you have the fact that they are also immortal. So I can imagine that those who carry the true runes choose not to burden those around them by either becoming hermits like the flame champion and Sierra(well she's sort of a hermit), wander the world seeking to learn like Mcdohl, Jowy, and Riou(not all together as McDohl is with Gremio). Then of course there are those who focus on running military groups like Chris and Geddoe are doing and only using the runes when they have to of course.

Luna Azul

7653 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe's not really a militiary group. They're more of as a group of close friends who decide to help him because they believe they can take it on with him. :\

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: