Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Foreshadowing in Thomas' Chapter 1? (Suikoden3, obviously)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well shake my boots and call me Jimmy. Someone else remembers that otehr pointless NPC.

EDIT:misspelling
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No use speculating about this sort of thing since ultimately, Konami holds the decision...

This kind of stuff goes under the "what returning characters might there be in the next Suikoden?" genre... I'm sure if we think hard, we'd be able to spin up many returning characters from seemingly insignificant characters from previous games... Like Beecham...
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did the game have 2 different designers? That might be the issue. Different ideas in the same game.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have always thought that the boy Thomas would have more to do in the future. I don't know in what way he will be involved, but he probably will have something to do in a sequel to Suikoden III.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thomas(the kid) maybe a returning character in another game, but I doubt he'd be the hero in a future game. Most of the heros are either protecting their country, or kicked out of it and have to take it over later. Since the grasslands have already been taken care of, I don't see Thomas being a hero. Unless his mom ships him to another country where he grows up to be knight or any fighter, I don't see it happening.

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the Suikoden heroes so far have come from leadership-type backgrounds, and I was under the impression that Thomas (the kid) and his mother were just average peasant folks.

Tir's (S1) father was a famous general (Teo).
Riou's (S2) adoptive father was a famous general/moral leader (Genkaku)
Chris's (S3) father was a general/military leader (Wyatt).
Hugo's (S3) mother was leader of her tribe (Lucia).
Hero4 (S4) is the long-lost son of Obel's king (Lino).

Geddoe's past is a mystery, though.

So while it's definitely possible that Thomas (the kid) may show up as an SoD in a future Suikoden, it's highly unlikely that he'd be a future hero.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice to see this topic still going strong. I still think this is gonna happen, just wait and see. Thomas will indeed be in a future game, if it's in the Nameless Lands/Outlands/The Boondocks/Whatever. Now, if it's in Falena, as was brought up earlier...no chance in hell. Seeing as we have seen some other characters brought back, I think there's a shot. And come on, you know it'd be pretty cool to see.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: