Suikoden Unique and Infamous Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Driver's Test
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Driver's Test Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I take my driver's road test tomorrow . . . for the second time. First time I barely got started and I screwed myself with parallel parking. Does anyone happen to have suggestions for me (even though I should probably know all the stuff already, I'm kind of nervous)
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Driver's Test Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Marshmallow wrote:
Well, I take my driver's road test tomorrow . . . for the second time. First time I barely got started and I screwed myself with parallel parking. Does anyone happen to have suggestions for me (even though I should probably know all the stuff already, I'm kind of nervous)

Relax man take it easy you will do fine. It took me 2 times also. However we never had to learn how to parallel park down here. I guess that goes by where you live. Anyway just chill and you will do fine.
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Silent youg one, relax you shall, peace shall be brought to you. In other words, relax, just go to your happy place (Which I think is Jeane) and stay there, relax, think of the go old days. I myself am to young to drive, but I think it is pretty clear you need to be careful and relax.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd tell you to relax, but it wouldn't probably help much if you're anything like me. Just remind yourself that you know the material, that this is no different than any other time you've driven, and you can do whatever they ask of you. Try to concentrate on your driving and less on how nervous you are.

Parrell parking is a bitch (and the bane of my driving existence), but once you practice it enough, you should be OK.

Good luck!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On second thought, here, test your skills.

http://venisproductions.com/games/drivers_ed/drivers_ed.html
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The secret to parallel parking is the fact that your rear tire is the axis of rotation. This, go in reverse while using your side mirror to see how much space there is between the curb and your rear tire. Once you think you reached an ideal distance, turn your steering wheel.

It took me twice to pass my test, too. However, it wasn't the technical part I screwed up, I drove too fast!
Freddie Mercury

Fat Bottomed Girls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So howd you do man. When I took the Driver's Test, I was nervou as heck. You gotta be comfortable with driving in order to pass. ALso , hope that you police officer is 5 hrs late, since they'll pass you lol. I waited for 5 hours and along the test, an ambulancce came along. hehee i was nervous but i did the right thing
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

C'mon, tell us! Are you to embarressed to show your face knowing thjat you passed something you could take again, it's not that big of deal? Lighten up, if you passed, Great! If you failed, to bad, just stay in there and tell us already! Just tell us, we won't laugh, well comfort you, your safe here, relax.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The key to passing your test (never, ever fails):

Have a really nice instructor.

Seriously! Don't underestimate the power of a nice, happy, energetic instructor versus an old, crotchety, embittered by the years one. I passed my first time, and I did HORRIBLY. I failed parallel parking and 90 degree backup.

That should scare everyone on the road.
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welp, I passed! And leena fighter's right, a nice instructor did help a lot. :mrgreen:
Masamune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leo wrote:
Silent youg one, relax you shall, peace shall be brought to you. In other words, relax, just go to your happy place (Which I think is Jeane) and stay there, relax, think of the go old days. I myself am to young to drive, but I think it is pretty clear you need to be careful and relax.

Mmmm....i like that happy place Leo :P and Good Job Marshmallow 8) glad you passed the test! Remmember, If you go to a party in the night, and ye drink a lot, DONT drive man , believe me =P
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the advice, but I don't drink anyway . . . hell, if I did though, my parents brew beer for a living . . . but yeah, no drinky for me :)
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats on passing your driving test! I passed mine the first time, however I had to take drivers ed twice because my teacher the first time through hated my guts for some reason and so I was always nervous when I went out on the road with him.

I was wondering, when you were taking your driving test, did your instructor ask you questions while you were driving? Or did he just tell you where to go, turn, etc. Because mine did. It wasn't enough that I was nervous about not screwing up driving, but on top of that he had to keep asking me all of these annoying questions. I thought it was strange because all of my friends didn't have it done to them when they took their tests.

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Pennsylvania, at least, once you turn sixteen you are eligible to take the learner's permit test, this is the part where you answer 18 questions, and you must get 15 right to pass. Once you recieve your permit, you are required to drive for at least six months, and write down fifty hours of driving practice in order to be eligible to take the license test. The license test is basically where you parallel park and drive around with the instructor. So no, he didn't ask me any questions, luckily, since that would have been incredibly distracting.

The main reason I was so worried is that, with a permit, you can drive for one year, and take the drivers test up to three times. My permit would have expired a week from today, so I kinda had to rush it to the place and take the test. (I'm seventeen, and I didn't get my permit until 2 months after my birthday, and then my car was malfunctioning, so that's the reason I waited so long)
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Driving test, I have to pass my written test. I have already taken it twice and I am going to take it again Tuesday. I just can't seem to pass it. I already learned and know every review question, but they are never on it. The first time I missed 9 then I missed 7. I have to only miss 5 to be able to pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: