Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most predictable plot "twist"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunar 2: Althena was dead. It was fairly obvious after finding the fake. [<--black]I don't know if playing 1 makes it more obvious since I haven't played it yet.

Self-proclaimed Genius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does this thread only concern video games ? you can't count the number of predictable plot twists in anime, too.

Let's pick Naruto.I like the anime, but hey, like if Sasuke had the Orochimaru mark on his shoulder for nothing. And also, in the anime, there are TWO episodes about Rock Lee, when he is wounded, about his warrior soul and the fact that his operation is very risky-and-he-might-die-there's-50%-of-chances . . . oh, come on.

I'm sad to say this, but Tales Of Symphonia, too, has a lot of "hmm . . . no nothing, i was just mumbling to myself" and others "that's nothing, let's continue . . ." . Like it was the duty of the scenarists to make it obvious to us that this character knows more than he says . . .
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alundra:

That their God was actually Melzas. It wasn't exactly much of a plot twist in my eyes.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S3, when Duke and Company came to help out Geddoe at Mt. Senai. I knew the two teams would be allies to some extent by game's end (especially since Gau and Nicolas seemed to be pretty cool dudes).

Also, in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, I called that Matthias would be Dracula in the opening movie before the game even started.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Highlight to read spoilers. :D

In Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, when you find out Kreia was a sith lord from the beginning and is the ultimate villian, I'm relatively sure it's supposed to come across as a surprise.

...It doesn't. Considering you get dark side points any time you agree with her, and if you ask her two personal questions very early on], you not only get a cutscene where she appears as Darth Treia, but she also says "In you I see the death of the force." or such.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage, Yes is it a WHOLE LOT more obvious if you've played Lunar 1. As a matter of fact, that's one of the very few plot devices I was able to see through, before it happened...

Maybe I'm shallow or something... Perhaps easily amused or suprised. Anyway, it also has a lot to do with Althena being one of the main characters IN Lunar 1. Anyway, I forgot to add that to my top ten list of favorite video games... Ah well, the memories... :mrgreen:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: