Suikoden United and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question about .avi file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Question about .avi file Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been downloading the second season of Sonic X from BitLord, and every episode so far has played out perfectly fine. But I DL'ed episode 36 just now and it won't play. I've tried with QuickTime, Windows Media and DivX, but none of them work for this file. I compared this file to my previous downloads and noticed that in the Properties section, the Advanced Summary of the problem file is missing, while in a normal file, the Advanced Summary has Image, Video and Audio stats.

Do I have to do something about these missing properties for the .avi file? If not, what else can I do? I'll sure appreciate your help, guys. I really want to see it, too... :cry:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My .avis always seem to just work fine on windows media player, the only time I've ever had problems was when I didn't have the right codec for the file, have you got divx and xvid? Maybe it requires one of those to be installed for the file to work. Just a suggestion.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have DivX, like I stated above, but not Xvid. I also sent an error report to Mininova, the provider of the torrent, so hopefully they might know what's wrong. I might try Xvid tomorrow, since I'm working tonight. In the meantime, I'm going to continue DL'ing the rest of the episodes to see if this is an individual problem or not.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So you did mention DivX, sorry not sure how I missed that considering I thought I read the whole post you made...nevermind, sorry I wasn't alot of help in that case, I'm not the greatest with the intricacies of PCs.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: