Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What made you love Suikoden..??
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It all started when I saw my friend playing it as his house. He was driving his boat around Lake Toran, and asked him what the game was. Once he showed me the castle, I demanded he let me borrow the game, and bugged him, until he finally did. I played it, and loved collecting all the 108 stars. I think I kept his copy of suikoden for a year until I gave it back. Then there was Suikoden II, which I borrowed from my best friend, and ended up letting me keep it as a b-day present. Suikoden III I bought, but then sold back, cause I was that disapointed, but regret selling it back now. ;_; Now I want 3 and 4. sigh
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I first time I saw the game was in 1997 at friends house, before it was even released here in Sweden I think. At the time I had only played Secret of Mana and other Action-RPG's and text-command RPG's didn't interest me at all. I thought it was rather stupid to just sit back and select your action in a list of options instead of actually dealing out the blows yourself. But when I saw Suikoden something inside of me clicked. I was completely mesmerized by it. I sat there and just watched the game from the first visit in The Great Forest until the battle of Pannu Yakuta. That, as everyone understands would have taken a few hours, especially on the first play through but I have no sense of how long it actually took. Could be 1 hour, or 2, or 4, or maybe 15 minutes. During that short period time lost all meaning.

After that day Suikoden etched itself on my mind forever. Within a few weeks I was playing FF6 on ROM for the first time which solidified my love for RPGs and in September the same year I decided that I needed to play Suikoden for the sake of my well-being. So I sold my SNES, being only 13 I didn't have enough money just like that, went to the local game shop, picked out Suikoden from the used shelve and made them hold on to it until there was a used PSX available. Then I decided to go there every day after school, sometimes just for a short while and sometimes until they closed, to be ready to buy a PSX the moment a console arrived. It ended up taking about 1½ month!?!?!?! But it was worth it.

And why did Suikoden capture me so. Well, while I do know what I love about it now (grey-scale, character depth, the mythology etc.) I have no clue why I fell in love with the game back then. It just manage to win me over on an emotional level. That's pretty much all I can say about that.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Way back when i was a teenager i used to go around to a friends house and i used to watch him play Suikoden I, i didnt really know anything about the game. Then back when Suikoden III came out i imported it, yeah Suikoden III was the first game of the series that i played! I loved everything about the game, the graphics, the battle system, the story, all good!
This made me hunt down and import Suikoden I then Suikoden II.
Then i played Suikoden I and it reminded me of the time i used to watch it in my friends house, another great game!
Suikoden II......what can i say, it blew me right out of the water. Such a captivating story with great characters, story, battle system and musical score! I love the large scale battle theme and the techno drumbing tune that is Gothic Neclord!
Whats not to love about the series??
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the game's uniqueness...

what i mean is the flow of the story is just so good that you can't stop playing once you start the game. the story captures you in a way that no other game has with the rich dialogues and its moments of laughter, excitement, betrayal, and those really touching moments when someone dies. also, the 108 stars of destiny is one great challenge that i haven't seen on any other rpg. and i really like the strategy/map battles, duels, the medieval setting, the headquarters and especially the bath scenes and cook-offs! :D
I also love the fact that every single star of destiny has a special reason for joining your cause and their unique personalities are just so captivating that you could be a suiko-addict in no time! :D

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II was the first game of the series that I played, and wow, what a way to get me into the series. I had always loved RPG's, but the scale and plot of Suikoden II was something new for me. I loved the aspect of politics involved, the clash of nations. Even better though was the sense of character that you got within this grand setting. That the politics and sense of character were equally intriguing was a huge plus in my books. I also loved the large amount of characters, and how each of them had some sense of personality, even if they played only minor parts. Oh, and I liked the strategy battles too. I thought that was a great feature.
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is only one answer to that

"108 different characters" (only on your side)
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Beginning.
The reason that I love the Suikoden series so much is because at the time that I played Suikoden I, I had never seen or played any game like it and to this day have yet to play a game that is like Suikoden other than Suikoden games. That may be because I don't look too hard or simply because it would be too hard to replicate the Suikoden feel, you all know that warm fuzzy feeling.

The Characters.
Anyways other than that I generally like the fact that you are given a wide assortment of characters to choose from as your party and there a good number of intriguing characters that leave you thinking after meeting them.

Recruiting.
There is also the business of recruiting characters that I find fun. (In most cases although I cannot say that I enjoyed recruiting Esmarelda in Suikoden I.) I especially love it when you meet a character and are left wondering how you might go about recruiting them. Going through scenarios in your head through which they might join you. That was my favorite part of Suikoden I because I haven't really done that with the last few. I 'cheated' and found out how to go about getting them in 2, 3, and 4.

The Battle System.
I really loved the 6 person party system. I had never played a game before that used rows in the way that they were used in Suikoden. I was disappointed in the change for IV but I found that it was somewhat acceptable.

The Major Battles.
A game in itself. I enjoyed all the major battles although Suikoden I's were pretty easy. My favorites, which I'm sure a fair number or you will agree with me, are from Suikoden II. Suikoden III and IV also had somewhat fun battles but they weren't quite as exciting for me as Suikoden II's were for me.

The Bittersweet Ending.
Every time I beat a Suikoden game I love the end where it scrolls through telling what happens to all the characters. I always feel really happy and sad at the same time. I can't really explain it. It's just one of those things.
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i say the review for Suikoden and didnt think much of it..but i was in need of a new game badly so i thought "what the hell i'll go for it" and man am i glad i did
It drew me in Characters like Viktor, Ted and Flik who i didnt start liking until the end of the game when he took the arrow for me and having to kill Teo it was all just...Whoa.. to me i even got sad when i thought Viktor and Flik were dead..

Then Suikoden 2 revealed my 2 favourite characters and drew me back in stomped on my head kicked my face in shoved a fire cracker in my mouth tied me to a rocket cut me up then burried me then dug me out and pissed on me!

Thats how i describe those "Suikoden Moments" which is what really drew me in.

RIP Eddie 1967 - 2005
Hyatt_is_Dead

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was kinda funny, really. I got Final Fantasy VIII and Suikoden II for Christmas one year. Played FF8 first and swooned over the pretty graphics. Then the battle system set in and my 11 year old mind proceeded to implode. Then I put in Suikoden II. I don't think I stopped playing all day. XD

I'm not sure really what it is about the Suikoden games that holds my attention above the other RPGs. But mostly I think it's the characters. They were amazingly easy to get attached to. And of course, there was the story line, the cute widdle sprites, the music... but there's no game without a battle system. And I found the one in Suikoden easy for my 11-year old self to understand yet at the same time not an insult to my intelligence. So I guess that's my reason.
"If you meet Buddha on the road, kill him. If you meet one of your ancestors on the road, kill him. Free of all, bound by nothing, you live your life simply as it is." - Genjo Sanzo, Gensomaden Saiyuki
MrMan

Secret Agent Men

180000 Potch
0 Soldiers
341000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well... the reason I love the suikoden series is because of its graphics, for one thing (crappy graphics rule!!)
they had incredibly in depth story lines, and it the kind of RPG that I like... with six people and archers and fighters and what not
mainly though I just liked the story line... it was awesome and captivated me
suikoden_hero

The Eternal Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why do I love SUIKODEN! Well since I play the suikoden 1, 2, 3.... I love it because of the story, the mystical powers and it's all about warfare, magic, and friendship. I love suikokden since I play it, and now I will play Suikoden 4!

and once again I will make histrory
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why Do Love Suikoden well I guess it would it's amazing story involving true runes which interest me.It's war battle systems and it's uniqueness to other Rpg's and also Nice mini- games like Cook-offs, Ritapon, The dice game with shilo, Mike's game that you can never be bored of. building your own castle/boats as your headquarters Lot's of cool and interesting characters that you can be fond of.
peeps

Zangetsu

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What made me love suikoden? Well I first saw it in my brother and that time I don't really care about suikoden but when I started playing it I began to like suikoden and continue it until Suikoden 4... I began to love it because of the fighting sequence the War strategy games and mini games like cook off...
and of course I like recruiting the 108 stars..
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I fell in love with Suikoden because of Apple.
I identified with a lot of the stuff she says.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I started playing Suikoden out of boredom. I was in Baltimore visiting my grandma for the weekend with my cousins. We saw a game we have never heard of before. Ironically, it was one of my first rpg games to play and Wild Arms was right there with it. Now, when I look back at things I am surprised that both games were there for me to rent. Anyway, we took the game back home, popped it into the system, and the first thing that got me was the music and the rain scene after Ted was discovered by Windy. I was hooked ever since then.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: