Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

dot Hack games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: dot Hack games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, has anyone played the dot hack games serial. I just started and I find it interesting, would not it be great if there were games like that in the future, I mean the World picture a MMORPG in wich taher are so many players mysterys and cheao internet?

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah I played all 4 VOLs , it really a great game you won't regret playing it ,
it's like final fantasy 11 but it's offline .
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only played the first two but they were good i just have never got back into them.........maybe i will when prices go down

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Played it but didn't finish the last one, I don't know why though its really one of its kind and really fun to play but I guess I got kind of bored and didn't really liked to keep on playing, hope to finish it in the future. Also about if I would like to see a game like this one? Sure, I would love to and why not since it is a great game and a very interesting one too (if you like these kinds of games). :)

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently on the 4th Vol. I am only in the beginning though.

I think the idea of this game is interesting. I absolutely hate the 3rd Vol though. So many characters you cant use in the 3rd Vol, it makes me want to break the game in half. And the hack and slash does get... a bit boring when you play the same thing through 4 Vols.

Off topic:
One funny thing happened when me and my bro were watching the first OVA. We watched the OVA after supper, and I was getting really sleepy. We turned all the lights in the house off and the story is not exactly that interesting, so I was half watching half sleeping. After the OVA ended, my brother went to turned the light back on and found me lying on the ground on my back with my eyes closed. He said his heart stopped for a sec because he thought I was in a coma XD

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just about to start part three. I think the games have a nice concept to them, and the stories were brilliantly created spanning different anime genres, games, and manga, so everyone at all a part of the fandom could get pulled in and want to see/play all of it! I watched the first anime, and because of that, had to play the games too. (though I'm not an avid gamer)
I really liked that it had a psudo-online game feel, so it had the online game story, without having to devote a thousand hours to leveling before you found real plot. I avoid real online games because I just don't have time for them!

The characters are interesting, the gameplay is fairly well set-up and there's enough extra stuff to fill quite a bit of time. The only thing I didn't like was that they released it as four games. Why of all things was it four seperate packages? maybe 2 games I can see, but 4? I'm just glad my friends bought copies I could borrow so I didn't have to drop $150 to play it.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're good games... I think some of the voice acting is atrocious, but apart from that it's good. It gets unbelievably repetitive, though I think it may be more of a personal thing. Personally I can't stand collecting virus cores for gate hacking, so that's why I stopped in the middle of 4. The dungeons were beginning to get old, and after I spent so much time working to get the cores, the next dungeon would be locked as well, and I'd go slightly crazy.

but all in all, I'd recommend playing them simply for Balmung.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have been completly and utterly addicted to anything .hack since I started playing the first game.
Oddly enought, I haven't finished the 4th. I got killed somewhere while collected virus cores and let it sit for awhile and we haven't managed to get back into the game though.
I love Balmung however, for he is a ditz. Taste the sword of justice ;P
((and Elk is cute beyond all cute, but the bugger won't let me use him >.< ))
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love .Hack ^^
I've finished all four volumes but I need to go back and get all the movies...I'm missing a bunch of the last ones
a pity...I wanted to show my friend the movie after the final boss ^^;;

.Hack has opened my eyes for MMORPGs and online games...well that and the fact I finally got a better internet connection ^^;

the only things I found annoying was that you needed certain virus cores and also these 2 particular dugeons in vol 4 and I think something bout vol 3 too...*cough*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maken

Dust Mages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hayyyyyy , did anyone finish the last dungeon ?? I know many people have missed it or died before reaching the 15th floor .
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`ve never played one of them, and I know nothing about them except that they`re based off of some animé about a MMORPG. But if you guys think they`re good, I`ll consider giving them a chance sometime...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting story, but the cheapo in me refuses to buy 3 or 4 until they come down in price. Frankly, I don't see why the story had to broken up into four installments anyway - the game drags as it is. A little bit of tightening up could have made it a lot better game, and cheaper, too.

I love Mia, Elk, Blackrose, Mistral, Natsume, Helga, and Pyros. <3

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

agreed. I gave up after the second game. The 'sequels' didn't add anything to the game, and therefore I didn't see the point in buying the newer games just to make my characters stronger.

Now I'm playing Lineage II, and it's nice to have real people to talk to while levelling.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm..I`ll wait for World of Warcraft or Guild Wars before trying another MMORPG. The ones I`ve played so far(Everquest and Anarchy Online) weren`t that impressive...I mean, the combat system sucks. Hard. Just walk to up an enemy, hit a button, and watch. Boring! And all the downtime in EQ...it`s almost ridiculous. Guild Wars seems promising, though, since the combat system looks more interesting. I wish MMORPGs were a little more like action RPGs instead of being purely stat-based. Since these games normally consist of nothing except combat, combat and more combat(which I don`t really mind at all as long as it`s well done), the fighting had better be fun!

I feel that the MMORPG genre has a lot of potential, but that none of the currect games have lived up to that very well...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like MMORPGS very much either, but .hack is not a MMORPG. Rather, it's a traditional RPG that simulates an MMORPG. (Which actually, is not a bad way to go.)

Anyway, as I was saying, I'm not a big fan of straight up MMORPGS. I don't like the fact that there's basically no storyline. I mean, there is some backround but there's very little that happens to your character that advances their invidiual storyline. There isn't a lot of connection to the gameworld. No storyline advancement. Who you are in the beginning is who you are in the end.

The other thing is that new players are always at a disadvantage. It's hard to enjoy a game when you have to play for 30 hours to hit level 2 and then maybe you get to use a stick you got off of some rabbit monster. You don't get to go on any cool quests, you don't get any armor/weapons/etc because you can't afford it, and there are few if any game players willing to help you advance. It's boring being a newbie, and it's hard to find much exciting. That sucks. It shouldn't be extremely easy to get all this stuff (the best players should have rewards), but there should be some ease or use in the beginning; even in traditional RPGs you have some stuff given to you right away. IMO, MMORPGs would benefit if were kinder to those of lower levels.

I also don't like the fact that if you plan a female character, you are either:

- Constantly hit on
- Constantly asked if you're really a man
- Constantly asked to cyber

I don't know if I'm just "lucky" or what, but back when I used Everquest (which was before any expansion packs came out, even, so it was a hell of a long time ago. I think it had just come out, actually) I would constantly be asked one of those three things. It got really boring.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: