Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Off with their heads!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur1027 wrote:
deadfoxx wrote:
If you could kill them though it woulda probably ended up with a much harder battle in the end. or jsut losing in the end

Now that would be interesting. A Suikoden game where your army is the one that loses in the end!

Yeah, that sounds like a fun idea...the ending would be more touching if you had to salvage what you could from the ruins of your castle before lauching a desperate suicide mission to kill the opposing leader, or something like that...I`d still want the hero`s side to trimumph in the end, though, but it`d be nice if he was pretty much the only survivor, along with a few of the key cast.

Then again, this kind of thing has already been done to death and back again, hasn`t it?

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With regard to Ridley vs Boris. Oh COME ON! That wussy puppy can never be compared to his father! Ridley is a bloody hell lot better than Boris!

Ridley the the coolest. The best kobold... I can't believe you people actually compare Boris with him. They're no way comparable...
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I love putting powerhouses in my party like Viktor, Flik, Georg, Killey, and Bob - but if Nanami's in there, it just throws off the mix for me -

I powered her up so much when I played that she was wonderful. (double-beat rune etc) Almost every time I play she's the one who gets her statue in the castle. Because of that, I never got annoyed at having her im my party. She kept doing 5x and 6x attack sets, killing ALL the little monsters I came across. Not to mention how fast she is. I felt horrible when she was taken OUT of the party.
(but then, I loved her character to bits too. She was so much fun.)
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn`t mind Nanami, even though she could get a little over-enthusiastic at times. I loved her in battle, though...she can hit from the back row, gives the party a frightening speed boost with a Spark Rune, can heal pretty well with a Water Rune, and does decent damage. I have no trouble using up my front row slots, but I don`t like many of the M and L-rangers...I`d have loved to be able to use Nanami for the final fight.

Orange cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

that is what i hate in the game......nanami ALEWAY!!!!wake us up! i HATE it
Lepant

Orange cavalry

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

she aleway come and say wake up! or its morning.i so hate when she do that.i dont like when she is killed trough.sacrifice herself for us.at least she died in honor. (well if in your game she is still alive then you are lucky)
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dude....what did you just say????
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um...using my l33t powers of typo deduction, I have translated Lepant's post to this:
She always comes and says "wake up!" or "its morning." I hate when she does that.
I didn't like when she was killed, though. Sacrificing herself for us(?). Atleast she died in honour.
(Well, if you save her in your game then you're lucky).

...I think.
Perhaps I should start trying to translate all these sorts of entries.

Anyway, onto topic, sort of. I think Boris looks soft and I want to touch his fur and see if he really is :3
Other than that, I prefer Ridley *nod*
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Boris does seem softer. It must be from his mother's side. Ridley is a little too Dobermin. So let's see here. I think it goes something like this Gengen and Kuromimi are Border Collies, Gon looks like a Schnauzer. Ridleys def. a Doberman. Boris is an Afghan Hound. Gau's either a pitbull or bulldog or some hybrid. Muto looks like a Golden Retriever and Gabocha......hmm, a foxhound maybe?.....

i know i totally digressed from my own topic, but this thing really got me thinking.

the site i used is ( http://www.about-dogs.com/dog_breed_pictures.htm ) in case anyone feels like my kobold breed identification skills are a bit off key. :shock:
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer Ridley as well...he`s one of my favourites in S2. I`ve only done the event which leads to acquiring Boris once, though, and I didn`t save afterwards.

And thanks for the breed analysis! I know a bit about cat breeds, but nothing when it comes to dogs...:)

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gwendal wrote:
I prefer Ridley as well...he`s one of my favourites in S2. I`ve only done the event which leads to acquiring Boris once, though, and I didn`t save afterwards.

Same here. I only ran away from Tinto once, and even then, I never saved. Boris is ok I guess, but I mean, come on. Ridley is the best! The game just doesn't feel right without him. Plus, I don't know if it's just in my game, but he always criticals like crazy in war battles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: