Suikoden United and Informational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Shining Force IV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Shining Force IV Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone here a fan of the Shining Force series and keeps themselves up to date with stuff that is releasing? My friend told me told me they're coming out with a Shining Force Iv, can anyone tell me if this is true? I would go look it up on the internet, but I figure I may enlighten a long last SF fan if it is true.

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is not deliberately numbered 'IV' but, yes, a game called Shining Force is coming to PS2. One thing though, long-time fans are skeptical about this release because from the previews that they had seen so far, the game plays unlike a Force game.

But, of course, they could be wrong. I am waiting for its release.

A TGS video from IGN can be viewed here:
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/679/679394/vids_1.html?fromint=1
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

what they need to do is release scenario 2 and 3 over here of sf3 and release it at 20 bucks a scenario

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still haven't played the third one. I have been having trouble finding it. But yes they need to put em on the $20 shelf now... I'd buy them.
Can't waite for the fourth game to come out. I love the first and second Shining Force games. Beaten them more than once....they definitely fit into the addictive game category.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

indeed... shining force was my third RPG ever... I still remember how to get every person in number two and how to get the best wepons.. I'm sick tho and I don't recomend people useing thier brain to remeber things for game.. I lost most of elementry for that skill muhahaha
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shining Force was my first ever RPG followed closely by Shining Force II.
I never had the opportunity to play Shining Force III but i am looking foward to the new Shining Force Neo.
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shining Force II was the first of any kind of RPG I ever played. I also own Shining Force CD, but didn't really take a shine to it since the player isn't allowed to go roaming around the towns and fields. Only battle after battle. It kinda got a little too tedious an put me off of strategy-rpg games for quite a while. I never played Shining Force III either since I never owned a Saturn.
Shining Force Neo seems to be more of an action-rpg instead of a turn-based strategy like the old ones. Frankly, I don't think I'll be buying it if the reviews are less than glowing. Sega has been screwing up their classic franchises a little too much for my liking. Heck, even the owner of Shining Force Central doesn't seem to be too thrilled as to where the series is going.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have preferred this game to have stuck to the traditional Tactical element, as we already have plenty of action-rpg's and so on. I had hoped Shining Tears was going to be a TRPG but was disappointed there, so then I definitely thought the next PS2 installment was going to be that of a strategy game...but no such luck.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved Shinning in the Darkness, Shinning Force, and Shinning Force II. The one for the Gameboy wasn't that good. From what it sounds like though they are moving away from their roots. It's a shame.
Edit:I did recently pick up Shining Force:Resurection of the Dark Dragon for Gameboy, and it's a remake of the first game. It's prety good.

Last edited by Earthquake923 on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lunar shadows

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember playing the first one on my sega genesis. I really liked playing as Max, but it always sucked when he died in battle. The shining force series is a sick series :D
Euram Barows

Gizel Godwin Fanclub

131074 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Im waiting for this new Shining Force Neo...when i remember when i was playing Shining Force 2 on sega genesis all day it was best rpg long time ago...Im thinking will this new Shinig Force Neo be good like old :?:
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate running around RPGs. I love the turn based, or stratigic ones. I can't stand games that are button mashers. It's one thing if it's a fighting game, but there are so many games like Neo out, do we need another.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goody gumdrops. I can't wait for Shining Force NEO, even though Shining Tears was a flop and Neo will probably follow suit. Shining Force II is one of my all time favourites, and if Neo is similar in style or plot (omg kill generic bad guys!!! RAWKON!!!) I think I'll really enjoy it.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shining Force Neo: imagine a full-blown 3D Shining Tears, with more emphasis on story and reminiscence to some other Lodoss war title.

It's said to be a fine action-RPG, but it definitely doesn't offer the simulation RPG from the first three Shining Force games.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay! Old dead topic REVIVED!

I've loved Shining Force for ages and I've been a member of Shining Force Central a lot longer than I've been here, so that goes to show my love for Shining Force.

I have owned all the SF series except SF3 and the SF gaidens. I, when I had genesis, had SF1 and 2, and I got SF:SoH for the Gamegear. All three were awesome.

But since then the series has basically died. SF3 looked good, but its on a crap defunct system so unless Atlus, or whomever Sega teams up with now, decides to redo it, I won't play it.

Shining Tears and Shining Soul suck, IMO. Shining Force NEO is cool in its own light, but its NOT a traditional Shining Force game by any standards. I like it though.

Since this topic was the "thing" to talk about in one of my nation threads, I figured I'd open this topic up and see what the rest of you say. Rather than this be about a possible SF4 (aint gonna happen, fraid to say) we can talk about the past ones and such.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: