Suikoden United and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay I want to get this game because I really liked the first one on GBA. Has anyone played this game and if so what are your opinions on it.

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played the import, and I bought the english version. As usual, (one of) Nintendo's localization team(s) proves it's one of the best in the industry.

The game is definitely a throwback to Fire Emblem Gaiden, which gave the player a certain degree of freedom in the way they progressed. You can train by fighting monsters at almost any time, you can choose one of two classes to promote your character into, and the game sees the semi-return of skills.

I don't find it to be particularly good, but newer Fire Emblem fans are sure to appreciate it.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds good, since I am sort of a newish Fire Emblem fan. I have a lot of fun playing FE games, so having another installment is always great. I hope we still receive many more Fire Emblem games (translated ones) in the future. I hope the one coming to Gamecube stays true to the usual format, battle wise and all.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Gamecube Fire Emblem changes little. Most of the new aspects are simply additions to the current format.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got the game yesterday. I am enjoying it at the moment. I am only at Chapter 5 Gaiden. Support conversations make a return fortunatly. I haven't had the opportunity to train my soldiers against monsters outside of story battles yet(or if I have I missed it). I also haven't had a chance to start promoting units yet, but I am looking forward to being able to customize my characters to some degree. I also think that the "training classes"(journeyman for example) are a good idea. However it is a real pain sometimes to train them. Overall I think that this game is definatly worth buying.

Quote:

and the game sees the semi-return of skills.

Oh I wish that skills would make a full return. Especially that sword skill that Ira had(moonlight strike I think). However it is nice to have the return of some of them.

Quote:

I hope we still receive many more Fire Emblem games (translated ones) in the future.

I'm fairly certain that Fire Emblem was well recieved here in the U.S. and as such we will probably receive all of the future installments as long as people continue to buy them.

-=Edit: Oh almost forgot, does anyone else think that it is funny that they now have a health and safety warning when you turn your game on?=-

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I will look forward to playing it than as I am a fan of the game and had wanted a new game to be available.

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gave the game a quick go, and thought it was excellent. Since I really enjoyed the first one (GBA 1st one) I had no trouble enjoying this one. The health warning is...ah very helpful as well. Yeah considering how well the Fire Emblem series is doing lately in the US and such, I don't really doubt we will receive many more installments.

I also had a look at some screenshots of the Gamecube FE, and they really look great, so I can't wait for that game to come out (since I will have a Gamecube sometime this week, or next.
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a great game(big fan of FE) but this new one dose have some things i dont like. having training grounds in the game is stupid one of the chalenging parts of the first one was to train hard and not waist experiance this FESS kills that.

having no side qusets bites

the story line is weaker

there is no kick butt dragon just draco zombies

the boses are pushovers you can buy angelic robes,power rings at seceit shops

paladins cant use axes

valcirins stink (their just the same as mage kights ) they use light magic now
now good things

the recrut,jurneyman,and pupil are cool

picking what class you whant is great ( I have 3 heros 3 assassins 3 armored kinghts and 2 generals)

generals can use swords

sages can use light magic

wavern kights rox

so over all this is still a good game
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven wrote:
having no side qusets bites

Yes, it does. The Tower, the Catacombs, the secret characters, and even the bonus character promotions for novice units. It was the previous Fire Emblem that lacked any side quests, since the game did not allow for pacing.

Quote:
the story line is weaker

Every Fire Emblem has a weak storyline. This story actually involved betrayals, whereas the previous game was clear-cut from the very beginning.

Quote:
the boses are pushovers

All bosses in the two US Fire Emblems were pushovers. They were the easiest games in the series!

Quote:
you can buy angelic robes,power rings at seceit shops

...You could do that in the last one, too.

Quote:
paladins cant use axes

That is to balance out the Great Knight-Paladin choice. Paladins have the advantage of speed, movement, and skill. Great Knights allow for axe equipping and boosted attack power.

Quote:
valcirins stink (their just the same as mage kights ) they use light magic now

Mage Knights use Staves and Anima. Valkyries use Staves and Light. They compensate by allowing Sages the use of Light, and Druids the ability to use Anima.
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My friend let me try out the game for awhile since he owned it and I must say that while I didnt find it the best game that I have ever played it is certainly a decent game. Perhaps if I had played it for a longer amount of time I could have seen more to the game and made a better synopsis of my own opinion on it but I lack that oppertunity. Anyways I would appreciate anyone giving me some information into further points in the game as that might enlighten me a tad bit more towards the overall nature of the game.

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Filipe wrote:
My friend let me try out the game for awhile since he owned it and I must say that while I didnt find it the best game that I have ever played it is certainly a decent game. Perhaps if I had played it for a longer amount of time I could have seen more to the game and made a better synopsis of my own opinion on it but I lack that oppertunity. Anyways I would appreciate anyone giving me some information into further points in the game as that might enlighten me a tad bit more towards the overall nature of the game.

what type of naturn do you whant to know?

lvling up

moving units

story line

wepon use

suport conversation

classes of units

bosess

cheats

what?

a little i can help with is the wepon tiangal

axes beat lances
lances beat swords
swords beat axes

anima magic beats light
light beats dark
dark beats anima

their is of coruse exceptions like axrevers and sword devers

only sertain units can use certain wepons
some wepons have special abilitys such as critical+ or a magic sword
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Lebenengel"]
Raven wrote:
Every Fire Emblem has a weak storyline. This story actually involved betrayals, whereas the previous game was clear-cut from the very beginning.

i also dont like that they cut out you the stratigest and your stupid moving merchant
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The strategist was a one-time thing that made you think you might influence things, but really didn't. Fire Emblem has traditionally not involved a strategist. As for the merchant option, it was a hindrance to the overall gameplay and incorporating it into Ephraim's unit simplified things.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I happened to play a portion of the original Fire Emblem Gaiden the other day, (and the first FE for that matter) and have decided when I finish The Sacred Stones I may depart on a journey to finish every single Fire Emblem game. Yeah they are all mostly in Japanese (not too big an issue) but I think I can manage. Some may say you are going in blindly and having no clue what you are attacking and with what weapon, but it is not all that difficult. When you have played your fare share of Fire Emblem's it comes to you naturally and is not much of an ordeal.

That is what I think anyway, and by the time I beat all the originals I would not be surprised if another GBA title is released soon after (I can say this safely because I take my sweet time playing through any game), but by then the Gamecube installment would easily be out.

Anyway, how does FE: The Sacred Stones compare to the first Fire Emblem in length? Longer/Shorter/The same? A rough estimate is fine, perhaps one for if you rushed through the game, and one if you took your time and did everything possible that the game has to offer.

*Off Topic*
Also, Lebenengel (or anyone who has any information) since you seem to know a lot about the Fire Emblem series, do you know much about the BS Fire Emblem series on the SNES? They are basically just short remakes correct? I happened upon some screen shots and the improved graphics look pretty nice (compared to the original...originals).
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do believe "BS" titles are just improvements made by individuals with ROMs. The only remake in the series is of the original, but that is considered Fire Emblem 3 (since it also contained a game that took place after the original).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: