Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lottery Ticket Helmets

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Lottery Ticket Helmets Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As you should have known, people can equip Lottery Tickets on their head. It'll give them a small Defense boost, and a small Luck Boost.

But did you know that there are a few characters who cannot unequip the Lottery Ticket on their head?!

The first one i noticed was Frederica. If her low PDF wasn't enough, she can't equip a proper helmet. I think also Travis can't unequip the Lottery Ticket on his head. And Aldo as well. There may be others, i'll look into it.

If you guys can, check it out and verify that it's not just for my game that this...phenomenon...occurs.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, good eyes! I never noticed that, and I use Frederica quite often. ^^; *hurriedly goes to check this out*

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never knew, or even thought of trying to equip Lottery Tickets on chacacters heads! Crazy stuff :D
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You know the purpose of equipping them don't you? If a person wearing a lotto ticket gets hit with a critical attack, the ticket turns into a "Lucky ticket" meaning that it has to win either 3rd or above. However, it's much easier to win the lotto by just putting Ameria in your team (I think she has really high luck.) ALl I know is that the first time i spoke to Bang after getting Ameria, I won first 6 times in a row.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh really? i never knew. Thanks for the info, scarlet. I wondered why i got a lottery ticket and a lucky ticket.

But there are some characters that aren't able to replace their lottery ticket helmet things. And they stay as Lottery Tickets, not as Lucky Tickets.

How did i notice this? I am leveling up all the characters up to 58 and recording their stats. to save up on money, i buy 2/3 of the highest defensive gear on Chadli and equip them on my party, with Tenkai having the most, of course. Once i'm done leveling them up, i unequip them and give it to the next number. But when i unequip Frederica or other Lottery Ticket people, it sticks like glue to their forehead.

And i think that Chiepoo would have better luck than Ameria. But i have yet to level her up and see.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know he does, but she's much more fun to use. Chiepoo's voice, appearance, and fighting style really bother me. Whereas Ameria's lack of clothing does not detract fromt he game whatsoever.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
You know the purpose of equipping them don't you? If a person wearing a lotto ticket gets hit with a critical attack, the ticket turns into a "Lucky ticket" meaning that it has to win either 3rd or above. However, it's much easier to win the lotto by just putting Ameria in your team (I think she has really high luck.) ALl I know is that the first time i spoke to Bang after getting Ameria, I won first 6 times in a row.

Now that i did not know. Im currently playing through again so i will give it a try.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally for luck, I use Hervey, Mitsuba, and Chiepoo. Reinbach is also good, but he really irks me.

Personally, by the end of the game, once I'm done equipping a new character, I find I have anywhere between 75 and 90 lottery tickets almost all the time. If I'm bored I just play them all. You've got to win at least once, eh? I always hope to get Sunbeam Orbs, because they sell for a great price.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Um...actually you guys are wrong.

The reason you cannot unequip the lottery tickets is because you have 99 of them in your inventory. If you equip them on several characters and then reach 99 of them, you cannot remove them until you use at least one of them.

Also, be careful with Lucky Lotto Tickets. When you talk to Bang, the Lucky Lotto tickets are used up first. make sure you're ready to reset if you're really trying to get first place.

^Actual quote!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always equip items that increase luck to boost my chances. I win frequently.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Um...actually you guys are wrong.

The reason you cannot unequip the lottery tickets is because you have 99 of them in your inventory. If you equip them on several characters and then reach 99 of them, you cannot remove them until you use at least one of them.

Also, be careful with Lucky Lotto Tickets. When you talk to Bang, the Lucky Lotto tickets are used up first. make sure you're ready to reset if you're really trying to get first place.

Now there's a good explanation. I have been frequenting my shops alot. I'll definitely be going on (un)lucky draws next time i'm on. Thanks, BT.

By the Way, what's with the -10 MAG?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: