Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Utopia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

Potch
Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Utopia Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Utopia: It's an online wargame that I've been playing for years (I just got back into it after a two year break). You create a province in a kingdom of 25 people and together you war other kingdoms, grow your province and meet alot of interesting people.

Now I won't lie, you have to be quite active to play this game effectively, probably a morning and an evening log in is minimal since the game updates daily and you'll need to deal with attacking, money, food, magic spells, thievery, science, it incorporates a good deal of political intrigue if you get into it enough to warrant joining alliances or top kingdoms.

When you start out you pick a race (Human, halfling, orc, elf, faery, avian, dwarf or undead) and a personality (these give your province a distinct trait, for instance my personality in the game is 'Sage', which means I can research science more cheaply).

Basically from here you create a 'build strat' and develop your province, you draft your military and train it then you can grow by either exploring or attacking for more land to build on. From this you create your networth which is pretty much your score.

If any of this has peaked your interest I really recommend you read the guide for the game and have a little go yourself. This age (the game resets at the end of an age and some rule changes are made to keep it fresh and interesting) is 5 weeks in and will probably last about 13 weeks so that's adequate time to learn the ropes in preparation for the new one.

I feel I've made this sound more complicated than it is but it's a really good little wargame and it's free. If you get into this game drop me a message here and I might be able to give you some tips, like I say I've been around it a long time.

http://games.swirve.com/utopia

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: