Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Desktop theme madness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Desktop theme madness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

am I allowed to bring this up? Considering that the technical aspects of assembling a desktop theme may require pirating sounds from the Suikoden games?

if not, how about we be little crazy-childish fans and make desktop themes. If so the only thing(s) I will contribute are ideas and direction.

what well need?
sounds-how do we get these? how are they ripped? acctually ripping some may be unnesscary I've heard a SFX from S1 used in "The powerpuff girls"

screen savers-well, know those loading scenes? that would be pretty cute if we can make characters running across the screen. This will require pixel artists of the highest calibur.

backgrounds-just slap some crud artistily togher.

oh well thats all I'll give.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd love an animated screen saver. I hate those screen savers that are just slide-shows of screen captures taken from games, or official wallpapers. It's simple enough to make a slide-show screen saver; but the real talent is an animated one...

I'm sure there are some animated GIFS are Suikoden I and II that could help the thing along ^_^

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, that would be the "last ditch" effort, also it will clog up your HD. anyone can make a slid show (it comes with windows and takes photos from the "my pictures" folder)

as I said, I won't be able to contribute much, for one I suggested this at the Ecco The Dolphin community(s) I go to, most people didn't understand me, also they sempt like damn logs and won't help. I'm not that incoherrent.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Desktop theme madness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

sounds-how do we get these? how are they ripped? acctually ripping some may be unnesscary I've heard a SFX from S1 used in "The powerpuff girls"

Really? Konami should sue Cartoon Network then. Just kidding. Cartoon Network is the only channel that has Adult Swin.

If the people at cartoon network can get away with ripping sound effects from Suikoden, then I don't see any problem. There really isn't important, but what sounds did they rip?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure im sure it would be very cool to have something like that on a PC, Mac, or laptop if it was owned only by fans of the series but if your like yours truly and have to share this computer with others it probably wouldnt work too well. However it sounds like a good idea for those that dont have that problem with other pc users like I do so if you can create it I am sure all of them would be very appreciative of your efforts. Perhaps you could even sell it for soldier donations by people if you were so inclined and such. Just a thought anyway and I dont know if it would work too well thats just my opinion though.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Desktop theme madness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
am I allowed to bring this up? Considering that the technical aspects of assembling a desktop theme may require pirating sounds from the Suikoden games?

IF not than this site is retarded.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I once had a theme dedicated to my Luc/Sasarai obsession. The wallpaper I used had the base picture of the combined True Wind/Earth Rune (like the one you see on my avvie) and the colors on the active title bar became blue fade to dark green and highlights were dark green...

-ICONS-
My Comp: Luc S2
My Doc: Sas S2
Recycle Bin (full) - True Wind
(empty) - True Earth

I didn't change my cursors, though. Didn't have the time to make any, that and I ran outta ideas. As for screensavers and sounds, didn't have any either... sad.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Desktop theme madness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eggith Cyrene wrote:
IF not than this site is retarded.

I don't think that you need to be like that, Eggith. If it's against the law, then there's nothing that the site could do. It's not the site that decided what's legal and what's illegal, it's the law.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to arrest you all.

But a screen saver or welcome screen ala Suikoden 1/2 load screen would be mighty badass. Hint hint.
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im probably the only one that does this, but i like to just use the suiko characters as my desktop background....i have all the S1, S2, & S3 characters that I like in my 'My Pictures' folder, and i just use hte body portrait of a character each day as a desktop...so, today the character on my desktop is Geddoe, and tomorrow it will be Hallec & so forth..i only choose characters that i like though, not every single S.o.D. It's sort of a countown until Suikoden 4 comes out and considering that there is over 200+ characters in the games, I've been doing this for quite some time and with the ongoing story & intro of new characters, I will continue to do it forever...muu wahahaha:twisted:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as I said, the only thing i can contribute is ideas, and maybe slaping some offical art togher for a background. (unless somone here can do such flawless fan art you'd swear the orginal artist, lets say did draw Nanimi picking her nose)

I'm thinking "themes" like "runes" or "karya" or prehaps take a vote of "most superrific characters" either that or "TR/half TR holders"

finding SFX is hard, because my connection is slow, ripping is impossible because I don't know how.
-------------------
and about being illegal, some forums really go strict on these things, even asking for a MIDI (even thou they aren't the best music finle around) is a Bannable offence, MP3 is, well a hellbound offence (really where can I find a Suikoden soundtrack for under 20 dollars?) even if said MP3 was a fan made remix...like oh my god, I can buy that at Sam Goodie!?

Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wish I knew how to do desktop theme stuff... but I don't even have an art program beyond 'ms paint' on my computer, let alone sound capturing and screen capturing abilities. A buddy of mine has made some great wallpapers for Suikoden though. I use those all the time. I had a luc/Sasarai backgroud that stayed on my desktop for 2 months. A Jowy background is still on one computer in my house. (I don't switch backgrounds often at all. Usually once every month, or even year!)
But I never found icons I could use for folders and the like, or a screensaver other than 'slideshow.' If someone managed to put together an entire theme... that would be so neat!!!
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

icon.
(note i cannot get it to do this in windows X P)

step one: take a picture, shrink it so it is tiny, um.. 50 x 50 or smaller.

step two) save as a 2?? color .bmp (I think)

step three) take your .bmp and re-save as .ico.

step four) go into controll settings and say which icon you want to change into which one.
-----------
curcers can be made with curcer dance, and/or can be made the same way as icons, save for the fact they are .cur files. animated curcers are basily animated gifs turned .ani

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: