Suikoden Unique and Infamous Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

.Hack//sign -> .hack : legend of the twilight

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

.hack : legend of twilight, buyworthy ?
Yep
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Nope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: .Hack//sign -> .hack : legend of the twilight Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I only have the .hack//sign series (can't find the other one :()
Does anyone know where I can find the other series of the verry verry great anime ? (region 2 prefered :cry: )

I'd like to know if it's worthy of me putting efford in it :oops:

+ what did you think about the anime as you saw it ?

Regards
nanami-san

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt Legend of the Twilight was a good series, though it has a lighter tone than SIGN, plus the soundtrack is completely different, more of a jazz-type feel. Only a few characters from the games and SIGN appear in Legend of the Twilight... don't really want to say too much so I don't spoil anything.

You can get the DVDs through Amazon.co.uk, but they're imports of the Region 1 releases. Other than that, I'm not sure when (or if) they will be released in Region 2 format.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally didn't care for Legend of the Twighlight. The characters just didn't connect to me. Also about halfway through the series you hear the lines so many times that it makes you want to rip your ears off. I think that another problem for me was that it just wasn't serious enough at some parts. It seemed like it couldn't decide if it wanted to be a comedy or a serious adventure. From what I remember a lot of the humor seemed to me to be somewhat childish. However I haven't seen it in a while, so I might be off on that.

I think that my biggest problem with it was that I was expecting Shugo to fill the shoes of Kite(main character of the games) or for the series to be deep like SIGN was. Neither of these tings ever happened.I guess that my expectations for it just completely missed. If you are looking for something like SIGN I would recomend you skip over Twighlight. However if you are just looking for something not to be taken seriously then give it a shot.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

... .Hack is supposed to be a complex and deep story........ intead they made it look stupiod with Legend Of Twilight!!!! :evil: Well... seeing Sanjuro in anime is cool, because he is one of my fav characters, but... look what they have made Balmung look like......
(quoted from one of the anime episodes) " Swords... lose against love.." or something like that.If that isn't what you think is bad, then your just crazy.

And the manga..... is more of a misuse of the name .Hack......
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I was not a fan of this series. I wouldn't buy it. Seemd too childish and I was expecting the deep and involved story of the original .Hack series.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well thanks for the advice all :D

I'll go buy Evangelion instead :twisted: (My bro alrdy has this but it's to good for me not to buy !)

Again thank you all *kiss*

Regards
nanami-san

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: