Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Opening Secrets (possible spoilers)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Opening Secrets (possible spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My two little things I noticed while watching the opening of the game. Nothing really big.

First, when it goes to the underwater shot of the boats, it shows Dolphin's swim by. One of them is a mermaid.

The other is just the fact that Jewel is staring down Snowe when everyone is stand around talking. I swear Jewel has a crush on Snowe.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I couldn't really see to detailed in the intro 'cause of the Partchment-like effect that Konami added to it. But I did see the mermaid, if somewhat briefly

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't really call those secrets, but whatever. I noticed the mermaid. As far as Snowe goes i doubt Jewel has a crush on him, they are probably just childhood friends.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jewel does have a crush on Snowe! She says it in the game! (or in one of those letters, I think).
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let us take a look, shall we.

Jewel's Comment Box Letters

1. How are you?
Hanging in there?
I'm doing all right, I guess.
I'm a little worried about Razril,
though.

2. Na-Nal is...
It's my homeland, but...
Oh, I'm sure you knew.
It's a hard place to live. The Island
Chief is an awfully pesky old man.
That's why I left as fast as I could
and came to Gaien to join the Knights.

3. Well...
Isn't it great that Snowe
was all right? After all,
we were friends, you know?

Jewels Confessional

1.What? Someone problematic? Let me think... I know... the King of Obel! It's like, are you sure a king like that is acceptable? Do you ever wonder about that? Other than that, there's Ms. Elenor... because, you know, she always looks like she's angry, you know? Oh, there's also... (Keen interrupts) What? Aren't you going to let me finish?

2.Oh, Hero IV! Yeah, he's strong! But, he must be having a tough time in all sorts of ways...

3.Hmmm... something for me to be remorseful for? ... There isn't anything I can think of!!

I don't see it. One message mentions Snowe, but it doesn't indicate anything beyond the platonic level. Although, if there is any evidence I'd like to see it. I enjoy a good romance, personally.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't notice the mermaid. Thanks for sharing that. As for Jewel, I never picked up on it, but I'm not saying it isn't true.
Lerayl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Jewel has a crush on Snowe. Apparently if you take she and Paula with you at the beginning, Paula sort of teases her for it on the Deserted Island. (This is hearsay, though; I've always taken Jewel and Keneth, so.)

Jewel's also the only one who has a different comment once you recruit Snowe if you talk to her on the ship - saying how glad she is he's okay, like in the comment box. There's a couple of the other times where she's the one out of the four friends who's asking about him, and she's the one they show crying when you forgive/kill him. It's kind of subtle, but then, most Suikoden relationships are.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, he's got a point at that last; very few Suikoden romances have been that blatent. Very few involving primary characters - and you don't get much more primary than Snowe, outside of the Tenkai himself - are romances you could point to and talk about without someone very rightfully able to argue that there was no romance at all. Kasumi and Tir, or Ellie and Riou, anyone?

You know, just noticed a theme in all three of those. Whether they're romances or not is still always in question, but the common thread in each is that each of the women involved appear to have a crush on the hero [or antihero in Snowe's case], but the hero/antihero is either silent or has too little onscreen time to see if the feelings are reciprocated.
Alicia Longfellow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The other is just the fact that Jewel is staring down Snowe when everyone is stand around talking. I swear Jewel has a crush on Snowe.

I personally wouldn't take Jewel's crush on Snowe too seriously. If you take Paula and Jewel to the bath, you find out that Jewel also seems to have the hots for Jeremy, and that she just likes to gossip about boys in general. It's also doubtful that anything developed from her crush, as at the end of the game, Snowe lives in Razril (if you didn't kill him) and Jewel returns home to Na-Nal.
Quote:
Kasumi and Tir, or Ellie and Riou, anyone?

Blargh. I hated Eilie. She is one of the reasons I am glad Riou was a silent character, because of that I saw no interest in her on Riou's part. [\rant]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena wrote:
The other is just the fact that Jewel is staring down Snowe when everyone is stand around talking. I swear Jewel has a crush on Snowe

somthing about that makes me want to fly into some kind of fanish tangent. *shrugs* wander around the net, theres plenty who ogglie him. aside from that She could just be looking, somtimes people stare or stare at somthing else trying to block out whos in the way. Then again..who knows she might.

Quote:
If you take Paula and Jewel to the bath, you find out that Jewel also seems to have the hots for Jeremy, and that she just likes to gossip about boys in general

well some girls are like that, you have hots and you have deeper crushes. She knows Snowe more so maybe that makes somthing deeper .maybe because of is position in socity that also was attrative. I mean people have easy hearts, everyone is hot and everyone is up for grabs. if this is the case, seeng the rampent Snowe hating then she needs to work on her choise in men.

She could of grown out of it, just because somone has a crush dosent mean the'll be the eternal lovers, infatuation isn't love. the're don't have to be soulmates, so they go seperate ways. we all do, we grow out of crushes or realise we were stupid and theres no logic behind it (like the highschool cheerleader liking the bully all star sport player, she'll mature and laugh)

It could be possible that she likes him. I thought I read that to, Jewel says she "always kind of liked him". I took Tal and Keneth with me so I don't know what the convosations look like if you take the others. there are six or so combinations to make, its going to take some expermeting to see if she likes him "in that way".

as for the mermaid,i saw it i swear I did from the begining. "OH look mermaid" I followd her to the end when she jumps into the moonlight.

Last edited by kuwaizair on Fri May 13, 2005 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lerayl wrote:
Yeah, Jewel has a crush on Snowe. Apparently if you take she and Paula with you at the beginning, Paula sort of teases her for it on the Deserted Island. (This is hearsay, though; I've always taken Jewel and Keneth, so.)

I took Jewel and Paula on my first game and I don't remember that. It must have been a very small thing for me not to have noticed it.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The mermaids I didn't notice at first, but I noticed after I was half way through the game and just felt like watching it again.

I didn't take Jewel with me the first time. So I don't know what she says, but I did notice that Jewel does like to gossip about boys yes. It is more then possible that she had a crush on Snowe in the beginning. He was a strong figure head that everyone looked up to. He had a rich daddy, and was handsome I guess. What more could a girl want? However, I suspect that she lost the crush as the game developed.

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In the more than a little archaic SARS Suikoden IV information section, there is a section on Jewel that alludes to her relationship with Snowe. As in,

Quote:
She is very girly, and has a crush on Snowe.

Although this is from an era in which we knew little or nothing about S4, so it's probably useless "information". Haha. Still a little neat though, that the relationship was assumed even before the game was released. I wonder what made SARSad mention something like this, like if he had a source or a quote to back him up. Maybe he'll mention it.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's Tal that teases Jewel about Snowe btw, I remember it.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
It's Tal that teases Jewel about Snowe btw, I remember it.

I recently replayed the game and have took Tal and Jewel with me to get that scene as well. Jewel also seemed to be the most angry towards Snowe after he tried to attack. I couldn't help but grin when she yelled "You idiot!".
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: