Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Commercials

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Commercials Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it me, or are there way too many commercials nowadays? When I am on line waiting for my game to download, commercials. Go to a web site, and I am over loaded with stupid pop up. In between shows, about 5 minutes of commercials(instead of 2 minutes worth 20 years ago). After payin 10 DAMN dollars, I have to sit through, not 1, but usually 3 commercials, and about 5 comming attractions. Sometimes I forget what movie I am waiting to see. I mean when is it enough. Does anyone else find this irritating?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pop-up blocker, perhaps? :P

Anyway, we're ok for ads here, really. Doesn't America have TV ads every... what, seven seconds on average?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, I look forward to the previews at the cinema! It helps me decide on what movies I ought to look into next. About other things though, yeah. Commercials can get excessive. But hey, commercials help make shows possible. It's not like everyday we go over to the producers and provide them some cash to make shows we like. So, I guess it's a price we have to pay. Besides, it gives me time to take a leak or grab some nachos or whatever food I can grab from the kitchen.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Priovidence Luc, I don't think he's talking about the coming attractions. I know when I go to the movies you have to sit through three car commericals, a Coke commercial, a Moviephone commercial (which is great since YOU ARE ALREADY AT THE THEATRE!!!!!) and at least one, maybe two more. THEN the previews start.

I was looking through some old VHS tapes my aunt made of cartoons from the early 80s. Most of them had the commercials edited out (thank you pause button) but one or two episodes still ahd commercials. To my surprise (I barely remembered) a half-hour cartoon had three commercial breaks and each break was two commericals long. That's it.

It's true, advertising makes the world go round, but how long before it turns into Minority Report where you have pop-up ads attacking you in public places?

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes there are, My mom hates them and they unverve me. there are few worth watching, like the Gieco ones.
Though I've seen some really strange ones, thankfully one I got a screen capture of. which is always fun.

I hate watching a show and having a comerical every 15 minnutes or less, its annoying because I'm interupted. But on the other hand its sad because it shows how desperate we are, we need to push prodcuts so much. don't forget the people behind them, thats somone's "work" too.

and now Movies have stupid commercials, its...depressing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was very unhappy when they starting showing commercials before the movies. If I wanted to have commercials, I'd watch tv. Speaking of which, not only has the amount of commercials on tv increased, but the content has gotten more explicit. If you want "natural male enhancement" or want something for [insert VERY personal condition, if you know what I mean] talk to your doctor, don't get me involved. Why would you go on national tv and say you have an STD? Honestly, who throws a cupcake? Popups don't bother me with Firefox or the popup blocker I had when I used IE, but spam emails are awful. My yahoo junkmail has a couple thousand at least every day. My hotmail and school accounts aren't bad yet, but I get several banking advertisements through my school account. Quite frankly, 999 out of 1000 commercials are either completely useless to me and/or not worth watching anyway.

wataru14 wrote:
It's true, advertising makes the world go round, but how long before it turns into Minority Report where you have pop-up ads attacking you in public places?

I hope I never have to see that. I mean advertising like that, not the movie (I've already seen it).

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Commercials drive me insane! Its getting to the stage that they are actually on longer than the program your are trying to watch! Especially on Irish TV where it would take over two hours to watch a movie that in just about an hour and a half long!
Its starting to get bad in the cinemas too, first it was a couple of future film releases, which i dont mind, but now they are showing commercials from terrestrial TV, so annoying!
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:

Providence Luc, I don't think he's talking about the coming attractions. I know when I go to the movies you have to sit through three car commericals, a Coke commercial, a Moviephone commercial (which is great since YOU ARE ALREADY AT THE THEATRE!!!!!) and at least one, maybe two more. THEN the previews start.

My bad. It's just that I hardly ever get to the movies early enough to see the commercials. I guess that would a be good thing for me.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the commercial the Geico caveman one....
Guy:Geico.com is so easy to use even a caveman could do it.
Caveman:What?
Guy:I didnt know you were there.
Caveman:Not cool, not cool.

haha priceless
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, Geico commercials are great. But they won't save you money on car insurance.

Some commercials are great, but some are really annoying. On the Internet, ads rarely bother me. I rarely enable flash or java unless I know I need it and my browser blocks popups and filters ads.

On TV just change the channel. I like the movie ones though. It just has such a rich sound to it. [/img]

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Germany is really annoying in this term...you are bombed with all kind of Cellphone-commercials and I'm slightly going to puke if this will hold on *sigh*

In Cinema...well I like movietrailers but I can remember Shaver- , alcohol and Cigarett-commercials when I was a kid *lol*
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: