Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

You have stats now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
By the way, if you only tweaked the effects of victory counts then why did I lose strength, I had no victories prior to this change and none after it. Did you cut the levels strength increased normally to compensate for the amount being added by victory counts or some such method?

He changed the algorithm for STR, not just strength bonus from victories is my understanding and thus people lost some STR.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As FF6Sage said.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

18 pages is a lot so I'm going to ask here rather than search for the answer elsewhere so...

Is this just because you felt the STR stat was getting 'out of control' on some people. Or are you kind of 'Suikoden-ing' some of the stats? (I'd've killed for 454 STR for ANY of my characters at level 52.)
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Oh, yes. If only I had a mere 199 STR. I'd leave the forum in shame, I would.

It's all relative...going from 300+ to 199 is kinda rough. Since they don't really come into effect that much, I'm not going to worry, but it did make me a bit sad. :(

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aww, poor lunar. That would hurt a lot, but as you said; "They don't really come into effect" so there are no worries.

Believe it or not, when I was done posting on my first day here, my magic stat was at 146. That was rediculously high and then it went down when the formula for magic changed. Now, it is my worst stat (I think).
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As for me, I'd have to say that my stats look much more balanced now. Considering that my MAG seemed to have gone up significantly for one reason or another. Thing is though, it looks as if my STR & MAG have some catching up to do compared to my other stats.
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So many people seem sad, but I'm happy when I see sad people!
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There really is no point in worrying at your stats taking a huge dip because unless you are one of the top three duelists in your nation you most likely will not get used. Saying that, even then chances of certain members getting used are VERY low unless the strongest duelists from both of the nations involved in a battle are about equal overall, otherwise there is no use in accepting a fight and giving up a turn.

I also would like to remind everyone who thinks that their strength stat dropped a lot making them a weak unit to keep in mind that SARSadmin went from over 900 strength to under 500. That is BY FAR the biggest dip anyone on the site has had and when I compare my 100+ strength loss to his, it just doesn't seem that significant. The only two people here that I believe should be disappointed at the loss of strength should be Lord Dredd and Harukaze as they have now lost their destructive blow (which means I can now beat Harukaze once again :D).

On a minor note, I now take up to 31 rounds to finish a duel with Midori.

@ John Layfield:
Lord Dredd wrote:
---=<[Round 3]>=---
SARSadmin delivers a DESTRUCTIVE blow!
Lord Dredd is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 465 points of damage!
SARSadmin strikes again!
Lord Dredd is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 487 points of damage!
SARSadmin strikes again!
Lord Dredd is blasted by the mighty strike, suffering 502 points of damage!

Lord Dredd is knocked out!
SARSadmin: 676 | Lord Dredd: -1130

SARSadmin is the winner!

Nuff said! :P
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yay, at least all my stats are still over 100!

*calls Barry Bonds for some help* ;)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

There really is no point in worrying at your stats taking a huge dip because unless you are one of the top three duelists in your nation you most likely will not get used. Saying that, even then chances of certain members getting used are VERY low unless the strongest duelists from both of the nations involved in a battle are about equal overall, otherwise there is no use in accepting a fight and giving up a turn.

I'm not too worried...like I said, I don't want to seem like I'm complaining too much, it's a game on the internets. Enough said. It just came as something of a surprise is all.
Quote:

Yay, at least all my stats are still over 100!

*calls Barry Bonds for some help*

Purely for "training" purposes, I'm sure. :P

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: