Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seraph

Seraphim Field Marshals

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lunarblade wrote:
Hmmm...I would say that my hero would be Winston Churchill, not just because of his accomplishments, his attitudes, or whatever...but because I want to emulate him in my life...

Churchill wasn't all great, he was aclassic "jump the dyke" who had welsh miners shot because they wouldn't work.(pay and conditions strike) unjust i say. he was a good, charismatic leader though.

My hero is Thom Yorke from Radiohead, or Sam herlihy from Hope of the States. those guys do exactly what any musician should: make the music they want, while keeping it engaging, affecting, and so damn beautiful. as well as being wonderful human beings.

That is all!

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hm, that's a coincidence, I click the link and read Seraph's post whilst I'm sitting here listening to Radioheads album, the bends. Which I must say is my favourite of the ones I have, yet to hear OK Computer though.

I don't know about Heroes, I would love to be playing professional hockey (so would all the real hockey players, hur hur), I'd love to be able to play music and sing like Jeff Buckley he is awe inspiring. That is all.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Seraph

Seraphim Field Marshals

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PF wrote:
Hm, that's a coincidence, I click the link and read Seraph's post whilst I'm sitting here listening to Radioheads album, the bends. Which I must say is my favourite of the ones I have, yet to hear OK Computer though.

I don't know about Heroes, I would love to be playing professional hockey (so would all the real hockey players, hur hur), I'd love to be able to play music and sing like Jeff Buckley he is awe inspiring. That is all.

Oh, you must hear OK Computer! i almost feel compelled to send you a track or two, that album is so beautiful. i'd recommend anything by RAdiohead, bar Pablo Honey (first lp)...and yeah..The Bends is great.

Good choice with buckley, he was one of the most naturally gifted singers to grace this sordid old planet. His dad Tim was an amazing singer too, it ran in the family...unfrotunately so did untimely death :(

Good choices PF!

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you, I'm planning to get OK Computer, trust me and now you mention Pablo Honey, that's the other one I don't have but from what I've heard I'm not too fussed to go and get it, I'll probably just steal one of my friend's copies and have a listen sometime.

Yeah Jeff was supremely talented and it's sad he never got his chance to create more, I don't know so much about Tim, I'm not even sure how he died...I know it was shortly after he met Jeff for the first and last time at one of Tim's shows.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
sanosukeii

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is Sailor Moon
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont have a hero but i do have people i look up to, i woudnt want to be like them or anything i like the way i am just fine.

Anyway the person i look up to would be terry fox im not sure if people outisde of canada heard about him but he lost his leg to cancer and had to use a fake one.
After he lost his leg he decided to run across canada raising money for cancer research. Yea i did say RUN. though he didnt get to finish his run he made a huge influence on the country he has organizations named after him and schools even hold a annual run to also raise money for cancer.

Yea you have too have guts to do something like that and thats why i look up to him.
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only Hero's I have are people who aren't real.
Maybe two of them are the characters of Werewolf : the Apocalypse
King Albrecht and Yuri Konietzko...

King Albrecht is a Silverfang Ahroun (Warrior)that finally let most Silverfangs see clear after all that years of false leading. He is the most uplooked Silverfang in Generations and he even defeated Harano (the great depression)

Yuri Konietzko is a Shadowlord Theurge (Shaman). Actually Shadowlords and Silverfangs are fierce Archenemies and while the Fangs try to ignore the Lords they use much time to kick the fangs from the throne of the Werewolves. Only Konietzko is one of the few Lords that sees clear and uses his power to serve Gaia and not to destroy the Fangs even thought he hates them as much as any other Lord.

Well....they are created characters but I like Albrecht because of his mental strenght and determination and Konietzko because he does not let himself get off the way just because of personal bargain.

Werewolf did much for my personality...because I was rather the shy undecisive person in reallife. But when we started playing WW I was voted as Packalpha and had to lead my packmates...it was a great experience for me as a person...I mentally grew stronger of it.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My heroes are Bruce Lee, Hiroyuki Sakai(Iron Chef), the members of DragonForce, and recent addition Tony Jaa.

edit: How could I forget Janne Warman!?!? The legendary keyboardist from Children of Bodom.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Sasarai

The way of Hikusaak

3243 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm a Hero. A hero has several different meanings and one persons hero may be another persons antagonist. I believe it is best to see yourself as your own hero. Not only does it boost your self confidence but it also may help you look at yourself in a new light somewhat. Well that's all from me my friends. See you on the battlefield.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is and has always been only one person who I would consider my hero and that's my father. He embodies my idea of a hero which is a person willing to sacrifice their own happiness for the joy and health of another. A hero to me is honorable and does whatever it takes to make sure that they live up to their responsibilities. My father had my brother and I at a young age and sacrificed for us to make sure we could have every advantage and everything that he could not have. He gave us his all so we could have everything. I owe him everything and yet he demands nothing. He is a true hero to me.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Sadness

Razor Wind

3668814 Potch
14500 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My hero is Mr. Luna from my elementary school. He saved my life from certain death, so I think I have to say he is my hero! Literally!

Edit: I guess I will elaborate. My school went to a field trip (I forgot where we went, and on the way back I was being all sugared-up and acting like I was on acid. I was running around, and then I tripped onto the road; there was a lot of traffic on the road, so I would have been crushed by cars or semis. Well, a thick muscular arm reached out and hoisted me off of the road like pikcing up a leaf! It was Mr. Luna, the 2nd grade teacher at my school (who was really really strong! The guy was ripped). He was just like, "ho ho ho, becareful little one!"

Of course, adults look like giants when you're still a small child, but he was like beyond average. He was like a titan! He was also a very nice teacher and never got angry. He also didn't mind if we swing from his arms and stuff, he was really great!
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Queen wrote:
I never really had a hero growing up. I just grew up.

Yea, what queen said. I don't really have heros either. Some people I have respect for though are Martin Luther King. He fought for the rights of colored people so he earned my respect. Then next is my mom because she feeds me and everything. My mom makes me mad a lot but I still got respect for her. The closest thing i have to a hero is probably Mukumuku.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hehehe on secound thought.. I don't count blanka as a hero or the guy that wants to be him anymore... I think my hero would be.... Sanosuka or Zamza the fighter for hire... I know he isn't real but his history in life and his turn out have much meaning even if it isn't real and to overcome that much would make him a great man... so I wanna be him
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also have quite a few heroes.

My heroes from animes would probably be Haku (from Naruto) or Seta Sojiro (from Rurouni Kenshin) and in real life my heroes are Mori Ranmaru from the Sengoku Era and Hal Sparks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: