Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Tactics Undub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idylan Thomas

Moonlight Drive

105871 Potch
1194 Soldiers
1670 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Tactics Undub Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I'm gonna play Suikoden Tactics for the first time, I recently got a copy of the game online, problem is, the game is undubbed. The texts are in english but the voice actings are in Japanese. I don't want to play it on the state that its in, so I got another copy of the game online with the voice acting in english, but the problem is, the game won't read my save file from Suikoden 4.

Does the save files have restrictions between regions?

EDIT: I guess there is a restriction on game saves after all. Bummer I have to play ST on Japanese voice acting..
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since you found the answer, yes, it's tied to the bios of how the save was made, for example, I obviously have PAL Suiko1 and 2, then NTSC Suiko3 as damn you Konami.

Despite then having a modded PS2 for importing things not released locally, meant transfer from 1 to 2, and no transfer 2 to 3 as different core bios of system data. Even then using emulation and flipping bios to try and ascertain why, what how and if I can get the bonuses, save doesn't get read and flags basically system discrepancy.

You only miss out on Lazlo and Snowe appearing as playable, eveything else is the same from memory. From that, really only Lazlo is missed, as Snowe at least in PAl was coded as a generic sword guy who can mount.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nothing can ruin a play through of any suikoden game more than lacking save data transfer bonuses...

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, outside of localisation translation errors.

After returning from Dwarves' Village
Oh my god. All this killing, in front of a children.

That can ruin a game.

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, in fact the saved data transfer bonuses make the game somewhat. Even though they were usually minor, those bonuses made the replay of the game worth it. Especially in Suikoden 2 when you got to play as Tir and also some of the armor bonuses.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As one who disliked S3 just because I didn't like the disjointed feel of a narrative by replaying same scenarios from different perspectives and felt that the overarching war system was "simplistic" in its execution, I don't think having what, 2 extra theatre scenes and an old book would have saved it for me if I had that option.

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True. I mean 3 was my least favorite of all the series though. And yes the saved game bonus was very minor. But still, from either a series loyalty perspective or a nostalgia it is still meaningful.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As with any game, not being able to complete 100% with all content is pretty annoying...
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exactly Vex. I once played an entire Final Fantasy game over just because i missed one mini game character. The small misses can be maddening sometimes.

I wish I had that much free time again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: