Suikoden United and Illusional Knowledge Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Life Update and if you’re stopping by how are you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... surprised the site is still up... (and even more surprised I didn't forget my login)

I just randomly popped on here because I just successfully completed NaNoWriMo this year and was a bit nostalgic about how back in the day I did NaNoWriMo with Parallax and others on here...
(I haven't attempted NaNoWriMo for years. I somehow completed it the year after Parallax passed and then the year after I could no longer write until I attempted it this year, probably one final time)

Don't know what else to say...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Idylan Thomas

Moonlight Drive

105871 Potch
1194 Soldiers
1670 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:

Don't know what else to say...

Yeah same here. Thought I post one time to see if anyone is checking regularly.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all! I have so much time now that I'll be checking in daily haha.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I show up every few months to read.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I check in here every few years to see if the site is still around.

I left the US about 10 years ago and have been living in the Netherlands ever since. I'm still the same irresponsible bastard I always was, though.

Hope you are all well and staying relatively healthy :)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to see you check in. Yeah, it has been 10 years since I left the USA as well.
In hindsight, I left at the best time considering how the place has turned into a warzone since.
Things are very tame and laid-back in Japan. I hope the Netherlands is also laid-back and logical.
In general it seems it's a pretty nice place to live.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Glad to see you check in. Yeah, it has been 10 years since I left the USA as well.
In hindsight, I left at the best time considering how the place has turned into a warzone since.
Things are very tame and laid-back in Japan. I hope the Netherlands is also laid-back and logical.
In general it seems it's a pretty nice place to live.

Yeah, much preferred to the US given what has happened and is happening there since my departure. I agree that it feels like I left at the right time.

I've settled well and really enjoy life here, and can also take my bike anywhere I want to go in the city. Last time I drove a car was around 6 years ago, which is a dream because I really don't enjoy it.

There are also the general guarantees for work-life balance, healthcare and other things are miles (or maybe kilometers now) apart from what I dealt with before.

Glad to hear that you've also settled well.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The degradation of the political culture of the United States really is a shame. It's not looking good.

As of right now, depending on where in the country one chooses to live, it's perfectly fine to be here.

However, our constitution is under consistent stress tests as cynical politicians look for every possible vulnerability to carve out more power for themselves. I think we're going to be about as free as Russia in 20 years or so. It's pretty sad.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since this popped back up, thanks Tonberry, my fathers popped back into hospital care for a different issue, well issues, so this year has been also bad in that regard.

So based on what we have been told, and since I have enduring power of attorney documentation in front of me at present and a meeting on the 29th, it's not great.

So long story short, he had fluid build ups since his hearts working at around 35%, pumping wasn't great or in right directions. This lead to him falling over, which is worrisome in itself as he weighs double me and my arthritis doesn't like lifting heavy things. So ambulance visits later (took 4 sets of them) he got admitted to have that drained, took 4 weeks, great success, got rid of 10.5L of fluid build up.

Then he went downhill...

Blood pressure dropped and couldn't be stablisied initially, it got stabilisied and... potentially Alzheimers as no short term memory at all. By short term, on his last fall of Monday of this week since he got discharged and lasted 3 days, we got him upright, ambulance officer asked him date, time, month, year, he got all 4 wrong. Stated correctly by said officer, immediate answer of it being 1986, then 1997 and April, maybe October? Hence power of attorney documentation.

It's always great when your own father doesn't recognise you, that he's just not there mentally.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry to hear that Fly, I've had family members with dementia and it is not easy watching them go through it. It's not easy on anybody in the family. I think I'd honestly take any disease over that. Condolences, I hope things get better for you and your dad.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unfortunately they didn't get better, he degraded fast and got shifted to palliative care just waiting for him to pass.

Essentially we have a 24/7 vigil with rotational "who gets to sleep in a chair", but yeah, suffice to say, staying strong as can for family but gutted at this point.

We were holding out hope that it was "just" what we were being told but, well past 4 days now have been utter trash.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to hear about the terrible situation Fly. It can't be easy.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to hear that, Fly. I'll definitely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I was watching the Eiyuden trailer and thought of y'all and wanted to check in. I recently went back to school after a ten-year college break. To think it has been almost 20 years since I joined SuikoX. Time really has flown by, hasn't it?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just wanted to pup on that a day after I posted that back on the 9th of December, my father did pass on the 10th at 6:14pm with myself and my younger sister in the room at the time. Went from standard breathing and just "make him comfortable" to one breath and then nothing whilst the sister and I were in conversation.

We confirmed it, hit the buzzer for nursing staff, I went to get the other sister that was outside on a call to her hubby and yeah.

We had his funeral on the 15th of December, it being that close to Christmas and NYE, we tried to sort out what we could but docs weren't forthcoming, sisters butted heads, and we tried to not grieve on Christmas and NYE and look towards future, but it is hard.

Still having random days where I just want to roll over and stay in bed, as mentally shot, and days where I am fine and dandy. His birthday would have been in 11 days and I've already requested that off from work so I can visit the grave and whatnot, but yeah, not how I've thought about my home ownership would come about.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm so sorry for your loss, Fly. I offer my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My condolences as well, Fly. All the best to you and your family and great strength for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: