Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eiyuden reaches 108!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:08 am    Post subject: Eiyuden reaches 108! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The most recent stretch goal in the campaign has brought the 108th hero into the game, practically becoming Suikoden in all but name. The two goals which are currently the last in the list: "Dead of Night" (which also has a "Backer Vote" tag) and "Show Your Allegiance" look interesting.

As of this post, there is roughly 108k (there's that number again) remaining to reach the "Show Your Allegiance" goal, with 12 days to go.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"Dead of Night" has been funded, which brings the hero count up to 109. The backer involvement concerning this character will be to determine its design. While it will not be updated to reflect it until tomorrow, "Choose Your Allegiance" has also been funded, and this will allow players to design their own flag.

This particular feature reminds me of elements of our game while the nation system was at its height.

Also on the cusp of being funded is the first of the DLC plans, of which backers will receive at no extra charge, a 5 - 10 hour additional adventure focusing on the character of Marisa.

Judging by the quote teases just barely visible in the graphic, it looks like there may be a duelling system in play, with "I Challenge You!" while it looks like there may be a baseball minigame* with a "Field of Dreams" goal.

*joking, of course, but I would not be surprised if this actually was the case.

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm getting excited. At first i was happy, but disappointed we were not getting a Suikoden. Now I have moved on and am ready to embrace this new game.

Also fun to have the forum active for the first time in like 10 years it feels like.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just happened to notice something in one of the premium reward tiers as I was adjusting my pledge:

You Only Live Twice
Be an NPC in Eiyuden Chronicle and its Sequel

The game is still at least a couple years from release, but this is the only mention of a sequel already being planned/promised. Given the success of the campaign, and what the game is projected to look like with the already funded goals, planning a sequel seems like a safe bet.

As of this post, there are only a few hours left in the campaign, but it's looking like it will reach its final goals and one of the latest funded goals looks to be taking inspiration from the Lufia series, with an equivalent of the Ancient Cave, which was a 100 floor randomized dungeon. In Lufia, the party which entered the dungeon was stripped of all levels, armor, weapons and items and had to rely on what they could find in chests, the only items which could be taken back into the cave on future attempts were from special chests. Other than the dungeon being randomized and the party susceptible to wear and tear, there's not a whole lot of info about this particular mode.

Now, the big question: give in to temptation when a beta is presented or resist that temptation and wait until the finished product?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: