Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Eiyuden reward "Chiseled Glory"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes I have had similar problems with Pay Pal in the past. Can be maddening. Pretty much exclusively use Venmo for transfers now.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarossa Rugner wrote:
Yes I have had similar problems with Pay Pal in the past. Can be maddening. Pretty much exclusively use Venmo for transfers now.

Literally signed up just to assist with this, have no use for it otherwise since of course everything else is local and through normal banking institutions.

Suppose I'll wait for the bank to be linked and see if I can use the wallet...

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vex.

Still having issues with paypal, it showed my options, went through to pay, it started resolving then it did absolutely nothing.

Check your pm's here and we'll discuss.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Fly, I just created a new account in kickstarter to start the transfer, and oddly enough it seems somebody else pulled out of the pledge and one slot was available. I took this slot quickly. Was that your slot, or do we currently hold two slots?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vex, I'd just like to say your efforts to honour prominent and valued members of the community who have passed is very admirable and I have much respect for the efforts you, as well as everybody else like Fly and those who have been able to contribute money to this effort. I feel bad that I am not in a position where I can contribute financially.

Thank-you for this community which has meant so much for so many of us for so long.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Hey Fly, I just created a new account in kickstarter to start the transfer, and oddly enough it seems somebody else pulled out of the pledge and one slot was available. I took this slot quickly. Was that your slot, or do we currently hold two slots?

Not my pledge, I still hold it, but hey, if you got it I suppose we can nab two if you can get the extra funds or I can drop mine if you still need me to workout the paypal shit and get the 90odd k yen you need.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow... crap... this is a nice turn of events.
It almost seems like fate that a slot opens just as I am looking at it.

Anyhow, this is a fairly big decision...
I suppose I can front the cash for the extra 300,000 yen and then do our own fund raising.
Hmm... hmmm... it would be really sweet if we can pull this off though and have separate statues for Parallax and Red...
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Wow... crap... this is a nice turn of events.
It almost seems like fate that a slot opens just as I am looking at it.

Anyhow, this is a fairly big decision...
I suppose I can front the cash for the extra 300,000 yen and then do our own fund raising.
Hmm... hmmm... it would be really sweet if we can pull this off though and have separate statues for Parallax and Red...

Yeah, on my end I don't want to screw you guys out of the cash I was going to put in to top up.

On the other hand, original was 2 statues for one each, I was going for the music option and physical copy with button regardless, this just adds things for roughly 4k AUD.

So if between everyone else, the extra can be gained, we can grab the two, as I'm happy to foot for mine solo and we can grab the two. If it can't, not really up for 5 and a bit thousand I gotta admit.

I mean, I spent 6 on my car and 10 on my mums funeral, that's kind of pushing friendships in my mind money wise. I know, arbitrary numbers and all, but dang why did it have to happen with what, 4 days left on the kickstarter?

So with your previous instance and what everyone else has put in: you're at just above 200k yen.

I can solo bank mine 100%.

All we'd need to find is that extra what, 90k on the suikox paypal you set up.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay Fly, that sounds like a plan. However, we will follow up with another fund raiser so some funds can at least be returned to you. I set up a facebook page for Suikox and I will set one up in twitter as well for thus. Not sure how I can get the word out quickly, but I think word will spread somehow through various networks even to people who don't visit this forum at all.

For now I will pay the remaining 90k or so for the one statue, and you can take care of the other one.

Thank you so much Fly!
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All good Vex, happy to be of assistance.

We will need to sort out what we're doing with the statues mind you, since outside of names my memory is shocking with designing things to match people.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose it depends how they do it, they might ask for a photo, if so I wonder if we can find their Facebook pages or similar. If not and they want a description then both red and parallax probably did some creative writing in their nations describing their characters for suikox. We could use those as a basis for what they would want potentially.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For Red, his family has created a memorial page, with a photo gallery. I didn't know Parallax all that well, but given the year of death and age, I assume this is his obituary (with a photo).

Actually, it occurs to me that it might be a good idea to get the blessing of the families before finalizing this. I can't imagine they would object, but it would be a good idea, especially if we want to use photos as reference. They might also appreciate knowing about it.

I believe Red's family can be contacted through the above site; I'm not sure if Vextor or anyone else here had prior contact with them during Red's struggles? I'm not sure about how to contact Parallax's family.

Other questions to consider:
    --Should we memorialize them under their usernames or their real names? Or some combination (e.g. Frank Cydranth the Red, Parallax Mead)?
    --Should we provide photos as reference or rather use some artwork that presents an "ideal" or "fantasy" form?
    --If we base their appearance off photos, should we suggest some more fantasy elements for clothing/appearance? Suikoden's world was elastic enough to accommodate someone named Frank or Chris, but it might be a bit weird to find a statue of someone in a T-Shirt and jeans. Based on what I remember of their personaes/avatars on the forum, wizard/mage ropes would be a good fit for Red, and armor and a long ax/glaive for Parallax.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks Shrew for these important points! Yeah, probably should reach out to their families. I never spoke with Frank's family, but I have exchange a lot of messages with Frank while he was alive so I think their family would have seen me. If they have a problem, I guess we can base it off of their Suikox names.

I think both of them need to be dressed in ways that would fit the Eiyuden world. I am thinking if it would be possible to have one statue with both of them -- sort of like Parallax and Red back-to-back like they were compatriots in battle.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love that idea Vex. Would be really cool.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, my contribution initially was rejected by my credit card company due to the card getting maxxed out, but after a call to my card company I was able to fix this... we are locked and loaded for one statue and the right to name a location.

I will contact Red's family next. I have no idea how I can reach Parallax's family though, so if any of you have some leads that would be awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: