Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Update 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
I miss having a forum I can go to where people enjoy interacting with one another and I hate having to go to GameFAQs which is second only to YouTube as the cockroaches of the internet.

I know this is going to sound like an advertisement, but it really isn't:

I've always felt the most satisfied when I've been an active member of an active forum community, and they're a dying breed as younger generations barely know what a forum is. Suikox certainly wasn't my first, but it was my last for a very long time. I couldn't really find another interesting community after this place.

About a year and a half ago? when I was bored out of my wits watching an infant 24/7 I made it my mission to find some sort of forum somewhere that still had life in it and a theme remotely aligned with my interests. I must have registered on a hundred places and they were all dead until I stumbled on Dragonmount, a fan site for Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

It's certainly experienced decline from the golden age of forums too, but enough people stuck around that I really think the place is built to last. The user base is almost all in their mid-20s or older now, pretty well rooted in, and beyond the age hump where people tend to vanish into their jobs and families. It has its peeks and lulls, but suffice to say I registered there in late May 2015 and my post count is over 12,000. I highly highly highly recommend checking this place out if you're longing for a fun fantasy-themed internet forum. You don't even have to have read the series, really--I've only read about half of it.

And the other thing I've found via Dragonmount is a portal to basically all of the other active forums on the internet. DM is fairly big in the Mafia/Werewolf scene, and it's a game that's picked up on a large portion of the internet forums that are still thriving today. These were all brought together a few years ago via an annual championship series originally hosted on Twoplustwo and now on Mafia Universe. Last year they managed to pull together 136 different forums with a population large enough to sustain a Mafia player base, and it's proven to be an amazing portal into finding other communities that are still healthy and thriving.

I say this because I was legitimately depressed this time two years ago at the apparent extinction of the forum as a means of social interaction. I grew up on the internet. I first registered on a forum in 1996 when I was 11 years old, and it was a daily part of the majority of my life, and I feel like I've finally gotten that back again after a few years drifting in the desert.
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi everyone, I've spent the last week going through old threads, laughing and remembering good times. I guess the Election season had me feeling nostalgic for simpler times (though even back then things weren't so simple).

I also experienced A LOT of embarrassment seeing how immature I was 8-9 years ago! But I still hold my time at Suikox very close to my heart. Any apology will feel inadequate, but to anyone that cares, I'm sorry for disappearing suddenly. Although this site was a great past-time and I met some awesome people, my education had started to suffer a bit as were some of my relationships and I needed to get my life together. Once I did that, I came back here and realized that activity had really died down and although I was sad, I understood why people wanted or needed to move on.

Looking at this thread and seeing so much positivity, I'm glad things are going well for so many of you. And hey who knows, maybe some day Suikoden VI will finally be announced and we'll all congregate back to discuss our favorite series. I still have some small hope we'll see that day.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well Suikoden VI might be a little closer to fruition, Konami have been re-releasing the PS2 games onto the PS3 here, Well up to number IV so far. We can but hope!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I am somehow still alive.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh, lookit that. I can login?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: