Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

2 Golden Hammers!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: 2 Golden Hammers! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know this forum hasn't seen much use lately, but I had to record this glitch. I'm not sure if it's been discovered before, and I have to record it somewhere just in case!

I'm currently doing a Suikoden III playthrough, doing a "No Armor Challenge" (not as hard as it might seem), and I just got to Chapter 5, and I discovered something very interesting that has never happened to me before.

I went to Iksay's item shop, looking for the Golden Hammer, and I was delighted to find it there. I bought it, and after I bought it, it was still there! That seemed ridiculous to me, and I knew it had to be a glitch. There's no functional need for a second Golden Hammer, but, curious, I bought it anyway, and sure enough, it was in my inventory--twice. After the second purchase, I had no ability to buy a third.

Why did this happen? I'm not sure, but I see two possibilities. The first is that it's possible that the rare finds randomizer at Iksay's item shop doesn't stop checking for a Golden Hammer until it comes up negative. I don't know the probability of a Golden Hammer showing up, but assuming it's ~10%, maybe it only stops checking for the hammer when the 90% odds come up. Thus, it could have been possible that the 10% odds came up, and then the randomizer looked again, and the 10% odds came up a second time (a 1% chance overall). When you buy other things at the rare finds section of a shop, similarly it only shows one "entry" of the item, and you have to buy it to see if there's a second one there. Perhaps something similar happened here?

The other possibility seems less likely to me, but I figure I should report the circumstances of the buy, just in case. I had a completely full inventory when I bought the Golden Hammer, and I had to sell some medicine to accept it into my inventory. Perhaps something about this procedure made the hammer pop up again. That said, it didn't pop up a third time even though my inventory was still full. That's why I think this isn't what happened.

Has anyone seen this glitch before? Can you think of any other reasons why this might have happened? I'd love to know!

Edit: Forgot to mention something. Nothing interesting happened when I took the hammers to Peggi. Peggi took both. I suppose it might have been interesting to put one in the warehouse and give up another. I suppose this would be a new requirement for someone wanting a "Perfect Game" complete with a full inventory of unique items. ;)
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hah! Cool that there are new things to find!

In the second case, it could be a matter of when (holy moley I still remember the formatting tags) the game checks for the hammer in your inventory. Perhaps purchasing the hammer with a full inventory somehow disrupts the check, producing a new one. It wouldn't happen again, because you already had it there.

By the way, I was also doing a Suikoden 3 around that time! No cool bugs to report on my end, tragically.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like that theory!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: