Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Update 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I come back briefly to find a massive love in; good, I'll get the tissues and we can all shed a tear together. This site helped form me in my most malleable years (if we don't include the malleable years when you're still learning how the world works) and has contributed to how I am as a person today. I still think back fondly on the relationships I gained while here, and regret not keeping in touch with half as many of the awesome people that were here.

Thanks Vextor for spearheading this, and bringing it all together, sorry if younger me was in any way an obnoxious pain in the arse, I think I've gotten better, though I might just have learned to hide it more.

At least I'll always have the memories of Raven and gari to remind me of my formative experience of internet genius.

I wanted an excuse to add some red text in somewhere, but I'm really not in that sort of mood.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. Just wow. I haven't been around in forever, and my memory has been getting pretty bad over the years, but just hearing the name gari sent it all flooding back.

Vextor, you created a thing of beauty here and I will never forget that. I will always remember rushing home from work to check for new developments in the battle phases. I will always remember the original Nameless Lands crew (Shrew, Scarlet Assassin, Goldy, Ley, Earthquake, Midori...) and the game threads we used to do. I still think Nameless Lands Survivor was the best, although the Miss Nameless Lands Pageant was up there (didn't you win that one, Ley?)

I met many of my best IRL friends as a direct result of relationships forged because of this site and I will be eternally grateful.

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just had a re-read and I most certainly did not win. Apparently being the gaudiest dresser and most likely to bribe the judges aren't the only prerequisites to being declared Miss Nameless Lands.

Should any of you wish to keep in touch with me, just send me a PM and I'll let you know what places on the internet I can be found. *hint* *hint* oldnamelesscrew.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah the original Nameless Lands crew, some great laughs and memories there!
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only just noticed this thread now. And it got me right in the nostalgia.

I joined the site late in 2004 when my username was still Ganon Dun. I can't undersell the significant role in my life that Suikox played--it was something consistent for me to hold on to in the messy years that followed my departure from high school. I think it also played an important role in helping me figure out what to do with my life. Throughout and beyond the time I spent on this forum I met seven different people from the site (you know who you are) in the flesh. Of those, my relationships with my fellow Tintoans are particularly dear to me: iscalio, Gil-galad, and Dew Dust. I'll also always be grateful to Vextor for putting this site together and allowing me to meet these wonderful people.

And so it's also difficult to understate the importance of the game that binds us all together, Suikoden. I loved its characters, its world, and the very fact that it was able to introduce me to ideas and concepts that still influence me to this day. I don't think I was ever so emotionally invested in a game than I was then, and I don't think I was ever so emotionally invested in a forum than I was with Suikox. A fond farewell to them both.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe it is as it should be.

I was having a conversation today with a friend of mine and she sent me a link to an Alcest song. It reminded me of Shad2k, who used to use the band name as a username on the IRC channel. Which then reminded me of Tullaryx. I only really still maintained contact with Angelus from here so I tracked down Tull, talked to him for a while. The nostalgia was overwhelming. I had to come back here and felt the most bittersweet feeling when I saw this thread.

All the people I met and the long, long conversations about nothing in particular really defined my teenage years somewhat. I recall joining suikox a week before starting high school, scared shitless about it, with my barely passable english. Just trying to get my mind off real life. I remember how much my english improved in six months, and then in one year, and then over the 3 years or so that I kept contact with the people (Honestly, compare this post to my first one. Holy shit). I'm 22 years old now and god, it seems like yesterday.

Suikox helped me connect to a lot of people with vastly different cultures from mine and grow up with that new knowledge. It helped me keep on doing it even after it was dead (so to speak). I was ignorant before this shit. God I miss the channel conversations, but I'm happy with my life and this site helped shape it by expanding my culture through the many wonderful people I met here. And even through some of the ones I wasn't really fond of, being completely frank.

I don't feel any need for Suikoden in my future anymore. Nor for Suikox. But it'll always be a group of memories I'll treasure. It would be my pleasure to maintain contact with you guys and talk about the good old days, then quickly change the subject and talk about what's going on now.

I especially invite Scarlet Assassin because I used to talk to that motherfucker day in day out and he vanished without my permission, which I find simply unacceptable.

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh dear. I'm not sure if anyone of you know me here since I don't really post lol. But I've been lurking around, checking here and there. And wow. How time really flies. My love for Suikoden started around age 7 and when I got an access to the internet, all I did was to find information about Suikoden. I didn't know a thing about forums and all. I read about the formulated theories of certain characters and all. Just amazing.

I recall posting random questions about the plots and all, god I was still a kid back then. I remember the site upgrade, then suddenly reverting back to the old one.
And reading Vextor's post...I feel that yes...all good things....

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
Azuma

4917 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think finding this website again is a sign that I've dug too deep into my nostalgia!

I remember using this and other Suikoden themed roleplaying sites loads back towards the end of my school years. I can remember the accounts, but I can hardly remember the people, which is pretty upsetting! It's such a shame how the Suikoden online-community has faded away so harshly.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reading through this is nostalgia. Pure, biting nostalgia. It is kind of sad I never managed to keep in touch with most of the people here, but I think that is the story of my life :D

I'd say, Suikoden (and even more this place) made me want to learn English. Something school never managed back then. This place and you people were successful in sparking my desire to read and understand another language than my own and you were the reason I wanted to be able to express myself. It has been a long way and I am still not finished, but reading my first posts I can see how I became better. You are progress for me. Progress and friendship and shared love for something as silly as a video game series :D

The Fool
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There've been a lot of changes in my life since last I posted here, all for the better. I finally finished my bachelor's degree and bought a house, and my wife is pregnant with twins! :)

I've been keeping myself entertained writing music articles on Tullaryx's entertainment blog (come on Rune, still waiting for your first post) and working on a rather ambitious RPG Maker VX Ace project that I hope to release a demo for by the end of the year.

It's a shame so few people chat on Rizon these days. It's basically just me, Synchysi, and Zack keeping the place alive.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good news, Shad :)
Do you have children already or are the twins your first kids?

The Fool
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We have four cats and two dogs. Does that count?

The twins will be our first. Whether we have any more after that is kind of up in the air. I had a hard time talking my wife into one, but she's already gone from hating kids to being obsessed with them and she's only 12 weeks into it. I always thought four kids would be nice, but that's a bit excessive in this day and age.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm in school for anesthesia now. Just 25 more months of my program and just 12 months from actually starting rotations.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad wrote:
We have four cats and two dogs. Does that count?

The twins will be our first. Whether we have any more after that is kind of up in the air. I had a hard time talking my wife into one, but she's already gone from hating kids to being obsessed with them and she's only 12 weeks into it. I always thought four kids would be nice, but that's a bit excessive in this day and age.

Well, it often depends on where you live, I feel. In my currently a woman has 1,4 children on average, so to speak, which is really not healthy for our entire system.

:::::
In six weeks I will start to study booktrade and publishing management. I am pretty excited :)

The Fool
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ted,

You were my big brother / father figure for several years. I looked up to you and still do, though we haven't spoken in a very long time. I'm glad to hear your life is doing so well.

I haven't kept contact with anyone from the Suikoden fan community and have no idea how anyone is doing or where their lives have taken them. Most of the people I developed friendships with weren't active anymore by the time SuikoX became prominent so this reunion thread is a bit of a bummer for me.

It's been about 15 years in the community. I remember the first day Suikosource was created. I remember working my ass off at the Village and loving every moment and every friendship made. And looking back at the community I begin to realize how old I really am now. I'm not the obsessed 8th grader trolling through Japanese websites for Suikoden 2 fanart anymore. I'm 29 and I don't think my younger self would even recognize me.

I am truly happy to hear about your current state. It is assuring.

-Alex / Blue Thunder

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: