Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you do now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Might as well ante up my "where are they now?" story.

I've been in college for the past 5 years and am going to be graduating in May actually. My major is Bachelor of General Studies, which unfortunately probably sounds generic to most ears. What it actually is though, is a program where you choose 3 concentrations, at least 2 of which have to be in the university's college of arts and sciences from what I recall. You then put forth a proposal of courses to take in those areas and how they interweave and support each other.

My three concentrations are Marketing, Computer Science (Web/Graphic Design), and English. I tried programming but uh, anything past basic PHP is sorta beyond me. I like having definite tags that I know what they do. Something C++ is the opposite of. I'm far better at designing things and coming up with ideas.

I currently don't have a "real job" lined up yet. I'm not even sure where I'm going to end up. It all depends. For now, I'm just continuing to make ends meet with working food service on campus and then as a sort of assistant supervisor for the vending department of a local outdoor concert venue during the summer.

So yeah, we'll see how things pan out. Hopefully well. Last year started excellent and then it fell to crap at the end. I'm still somewhat recovering that. It's far better than it was though.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, it's been a while! I don't think my name will be familiar to many of you still floating around here, as I was mainly active in my home of Jowston.

What do I do now? I'm a librarian who's sixteen credit hours away from getting her Bachelor's in Philosophy. I'm still living at home with my parents (but really, who isn't these days?) although hopefully I'll be able to find a decent place that's reasonably priced in the near future. At some point I'd like to get my MS in Library Science (which will hopefully be partially subsidized by my employer) and then maybe finally finish my Bachelor's in Biology. Those are the big changes at least, there isn't enough space to go into all the little changes!

Compared to where I was when I was posting on this site I think I'm a lot happier, or at least more content with where I'm going in life. Like most of you I was in my teens when I joined and I personally feel I was pretty immature compared to some of the other posters of a comparable age range. You don't notice it as a teenager, but those transformative years into becoming an adult can make one into quite a different person (or at least that's how it feels for me).

It's funny that this place is acting as a time capsule, for as long as it continues to exist, into who I was as a teenager. I can't help but feel a little bit nostalgic when I see that the people who I talked to haven't been on this website for 1,000~ days. I suppose that's how life goes though. Maybe one of them will remember this place and see this post someday :).

Anywho, if you read this all the way through, thanks for giving time to my rambles.

TL;DR: Nostalgia post, hope everyone is doing well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: