Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Genso Suikogaiden --- Translation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

keep going :D
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is indeed very cool. Several of us have been waiting for something like this for a really long time.

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is great, thank you!
Shouryuushi

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Genso Suikogaiden --- Translation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you all for your support!

Unfortunately, I've been way too busy with my school work to have done much work on this. As I mentioned in the forums of the Suikogaiden Translation, my method of translation = Printscreen every page and translate from there. And this is very, very time consuming, and tedious, not to mention the repeats I have to do to get every story path, as well as if I miss a dialogue by accident. The reasons I do this instead of taking text straight from the CD is (1) I have no idea HOW to take text from the original CD. In the first place, I only have a *cough* computer *cough* fake *cough* version, because I couldn't find the official game in my country. (2) The text doesn't have the sound effects and lighting effects that I have included. Looking at just pure text and dialogue would look very odd sometimes; see the slashing bits in chapter 1, for instance.

Anyway, since I spoke to the translation team on their site, they have said that there are already people working on the other chapters of Suikogaiden 1, and it might be better if I worked on Suikogaiden 2 instead. Personally, I can understand the game myself, so the only reason I'm translating is to share with fans like yourself. If I skipped the other chapters of Suikogaiden 1 and started on Suikogaiden 2, this would mean that you guys would have to wait for the other team to finish their own translation of Suikogaiden 1. I have no idea when that would be.

So what would you guys suggest? Should I finish playing Suikogaiden 1 and rush to translate Suikogaiden 2? Or should I finish the other chapters of Suikogaiden 1 in the same format as the first chapter that I posted? It's terribly tiring, and I am a one-man team, so.... ^^;;

Please share your thoughts!
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Genso Suikogaiden --- Translation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds like doing Suikogaiden 2 is better for you and maybe us if the first is being done by others. But it's your decision. Were grateful you are doing this at all.
kyura

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First , I want to say thanks, Shouryuushi.. This's really great..
And i agree with skymansxeno..
Maybe it's better to jump to the 2nd, if there's someone had done the 1st.. But that's yours to choose..
i'll keep waiting for your translation update.. Take your time for you still have your schoolworks to do, but please keep continue...
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks, that was awesome, I tought I would never see that happening xD

Anyway, I think it would be better if you continue with the Suikogaiden 1. But it's up to you, anything will be helpfull already, and I think everyone would be grateful whatever you choose. o/

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
38799 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Genso Suikogaiden --- Translation Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very cool! Thanks so much for this :)
I definitely think you should work on suikogaiden 2 if youre up for it. The translation team seems to be doing well with suikogaiden 1. By the time theyre finished with that, you might be finished translating 2 and can join the team to help them with that project :)
Just my 2 potch!
Noble Treize

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, wow! You have my utmost gratitude, man! Thanks a million =D
Aesir

Pirates! DESU

352386 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And now nearly 5 years since its start Suikogaiden translation was finally completed. The patch is available here.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Beautiful work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: