Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Ice Hockey
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Hossa signing with the Red Wings is a bigger hit to the Penguins than Naslund leaving Vancouver. Also, Jaromir Jagr will not be playing for the Rangers next year, so he's up to be signed anywhere else. I think he's still a good addition to most teams. It'll be interesting to see where he lands.

Campbell went to Chicago, which is nice. Buffalo got a draft pick and a decent player from San Jose, San Joe got Campbell for half a season. Now who got the better deal? Take that Sharks! I hope Bernier stays with us for years to come and is a stellar player! Just to stick in your craw!

Craw Craw

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, Naslund was an empty jersey for the past two years in VAN imo. That said, it always sucks when you lose your franchise captain.

I think NYR's management are just horrible. Redden and Naslund?!?! Two guys who disappeared for the past 2-3 years. Not that my Leafs are any better. Jeff Finger (who?) was signed for 3.5 million a season for 4 years. Jeff Finger (who?) has played one whole season and is 29 years old. Jeff Finger (who?) had better win a Norris trophy to win over the fans because nobody in Toronto likes him.

It is being written that Hossa's move to DET is a figurative slap to the Pens face. He just told the Pens he wanted to test the free agency market. I'm sure the Pens would have, if given the chance matched the offer and term without question. If he signed with EDM (rumours 9 years at 81 million) I don't think the pens would've cared. They would've understood it was a business decision.

Campbell got a nice contract. Good for him, I've always liked him. Chicago has a good young team and I'm sure he'll have fun playing with Kane and the rest. SJ replaced Campbell with Blake. Now I like Blake... but really... Blake's 'over-the-hill' days are well past him. Boyle may be traded and SJ is coming up as well. Boyle is a good player... so much so that when he was out the Lightning lost nearly all but a handful of games when he was injured. TB confuses me. They're trying to be the next PHI but they have no defence!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Jagr did what rumors said he would. He ditched the NHL for the Russian League. Whatever, good for him.

My Sabres were active, they traded Bernier to Vancouver for some draft picks and then traded other picks to San Jose for Craig Rivet. Rivet is decent but up there in years. I suppose he was supposed to fill the hole Campbell left in the defense, but we'll see.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the sadness of Campbell jumping to the Blackhawks has been tempered with the Sharks signing and trading for Blake, Boyle and Lukowich. I'm going to say that the Shark's blueline much better now than when they had Campbell. Shame they couldn't get him too.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They spent a lot on Boyle.... Looks like Wilson fears for his job and is desparate to do something... With a new coach coming in, now would be the time to get a captain on the Sharks.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's interesting how Todd Bertuzzi and Mike Keenan tend to keep running into one another around the NHL. It was Keenan who brought Bertuzzi to Vancouver from the Islanders, then Keenan brought Bertuzzi to Florida in the Luongo trade and now Keenan has signed Bertuzzi to Calgary.

I hope Vancouver doesn't look like a glorified pee-wee team once Mike Gillis is done. Aquilini hasn't been too happy about the team's history missing the playoffs, that being one of the reasons Dave Nonis was fired. I have doubts that the current team will make the next playoffs, so Gillis better get his ass in gear before he suffers the same fate.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:
They spent a lot on Boyle.... Looks like Wilson fears for his job and is desparate to do something... With a new coach coming in, now would be the time to get a captain on the Sharks.

Well, from what I've heard from some commentators the Sharks have no choice but to overspend to get some good help on D. They got the prospects and the cap-space. In the past they've been good with holding on to top prospects and keeping the salary budget manageable but it hasn't helped them get passed the 2nd-round.

While it hurts losing a big prospect like Wishart and next year's 1st-rounder they still have a boatload of young players in the system that the team shouldn't have to worry about looking for talent if their older players become too expensive to keep. I actually like the Couture kid they drafted in 07 more than Wishart.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did anyone else hear about Cherepanov? I'm heartbroken.

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/15/the-morning-skate-what-kil led-alexei-cherepanov/

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. What's worse is that it could have been prevented if they had the proper equipment at the game. Jiri Fisher is alive because they had it there... Cherepanov isn't.

I'm curious though, the NHL does a battery of testing to all rookies pre-draft and probably once they sign on with their team, they go through team health testing. None of them picked this up. I wonder if the testing the NHL uses should be expanded further or if this is just a bad situation.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm fairly sure he had a known, pre-existing condition that was documented and thought to be under control.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Certainly no condition I had ever heard of and I keep very up to date with most top prospects of teams, even more sadly I believe it came as a result of contact with his own player (Jaromir Jagr of all people), an errant elbow caught him in a collision and that's how it all came about.

Very sad incident.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ice Hockey Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What do you guys know about Havelid? I want to know everything about the guy, the Devs just picked him up so I want to know what to expect.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the stupid work lockout over and the shorten season on going,what does anybody have to say about their team thus far?

I'm very disappointed in my Oilers performance,still as inconsistent as ever i'm doubting they'll even make the playoffs at this rate,way too many bad games.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: