Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Centennial Tapestry (PSP) Announced At TGS!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reminds me of sin & FFX only replace dreaming boy with time traveling hero.

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Two new scans from Famitsu :)

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."
Baz Von Steinitz

The Chaos Order

120743 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pesmerga wrote:
New info from Famitsu!

PSP 《幻想水滸伝 交织的百年时光》
・主角和迷之少年ゼ ;フォン一起穿越到100 4180;前
・无线LAN对应
・角色
主人公 (CV:神谷浩史)
ジーノ (CV:福山潤)
ミュラ (CV:井上麻里奈)
ゼフォン (CV:梶裕貴)
デュ-カス (CV:小西克幸)

English courtesy of Andriasang:

Fully Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki, this new entry in Konami's RPG franchise tells the story a group of characters who rise up to defeat a beast that appears every 100 years and destroys everything. The main character is apparently sent 100 years back into the past by a mysterious girl named Zephon.

Characters introduced in the magazine include: the main character (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya), Jino (Jun Fukuyama), Myura (Marina Inoue), Zephon (Yuuki Kaji) and Ducasse (Katsuyuki Konishi)

Scan: http://i.imgur.com/YZc1b.jpg

It's been a long time since I logged :) but it's good to see a new GS game :), I noticed that the second character from left to right (the girl) has an outfit somehow similar to the Falenian Queens Knight outfit.

Let's hope the best :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ohh~ Nice. More names revealed.

Darn that scan is too small for me to try to read.....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's always good to see another Suikoden game, but it would be nice if they would come out with 6, it's been 6 or 7 years since Suikoden V cameout.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I posted a variation of this on Senso.... but just thought of it now that perhaps there's some people here interested in reading this that don't go to Senso...

So...some explanation/thoughts I typed up when I was playing Tsumugareshi (yes I have a copy of the game...and no I actually haven't beat it yet...) <_<

THIS IS NOT SPOILER-ISH
---------------------------------------
Map:
Like most people [whom haven't purposely avoided Tsumugareshi news] have probably heard: The Overworld Map & Town maps are all "Point-and-click" kind of systems.
The World Map can be likened to Suikoden 3 or Tierkries' map (A connect the dot kinda of map), while town "maps" are a little more free flowing in that you can look/slide around the whole area in a whole overhead view...but you can still only enter houses that have a (!) or other icon over them. Both maps also have a "short cut" menu that you can use to select a building (or town/dungeon in the case of the World map) you want to go into if you don't want to hassle with trying to select a building with the relatively free-flowing slide-around camera.

Field/Dungeons:
Camera is controlled by the D-pad while movement is controlled by the control stick. Luckily your character is always running so you don't need to hold something to run...but at the same time I don't think you can hold a button down to walk. (I'm constantly running into walls/trees, THANKS!)

There's also a map in the corner of the screen similar to S4 (did S5 have one? I forget)....Actually, I think it's safe to say the rendering of backgrounds on the field is on par with Suikoden 4 (and in my opinion S4 graphics were done pretty well).

In addition, you can return back to the world map anytime via the party menu (while you're in the dungeon/field) so there is no need for back-tracking (unless you want to) or for Escape Talismans.

'Regular' Enemies/Monsters are visible on the field. So you can avoid fighting them more or less.

Battle System:
Up to 6 characters can be placed on a 3x3 grid. I didn't experiment with it much but I don't think there is much a difference in front row/back row placement (Maybe someone else has had a chance to experiment with it more than me)*shrug*
There is this sort of "partner" system where you can group characters up together. For example, I currently have my 3 front row fighters grouped up with the Hero as the leader... I have Miyura by herself, and then I have two other characters --a healer and 'support' kind of chara-- group together.

There are a few advantages of 'grouping' them up.
1) Stat bonuses can be granted depending on who's in the group
2) SEEMINGLY (I'm not 100% sure) the "affection" between members of the "set group" can increase over time (I'm not quite sure if this 'affection' system is more important later or not however)
3) "Auto-attack" can only be performed when people are in group & only by the 'leader' of the set group.
4) If members of a 'group' gang up to attack and/or kill an enemy you get a slight potch & experience "combo bonus" at the end of the battle.

In battles you can not directly access "items" ...you either regular attack, Auto Attack (if character is set as 'leader' of a group), Use skills/magic or defend. Everything except for defend uses "action points" kind of thing. Every time it's a characters turn you regain some action points.
Depending on whether your skill is physical or magic/support you may need additional items ((in addition to action points)) to perform the skill (magic needs rune stones --support skills may need to use items). Rune stones and any items used for these 'skills' are one time use only.

Status ailments all heal after a battle (as far as I've noticed). HP does not max-out when you level up.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose this one will never reach the west - and if only Tierkries had stayed in Japan, this whole community would be happier I guess.

Still, anyone has first-hand info about how this game was received in Japan? Not just sales or the usual famitsu scores...
Diablo26283

4924 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden Revival Movement & the initiative from Mission Atelier need your help to get the new Gensou Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki !

Quote:
Back In September Mission Atelier Campaigned to Konami for a localization of this game around the world. But it would seem that Konami has not heard us yet. So once again it is time to let our voices be heard, and tell them that we the fans want this great game!

We need all voices we can get and please join our Site.

http://www.facebook.com/events/125794917593878/

Mission Atelier

http://www.facebook.com/MissionAtelier

Suikoden Revival Movement

http://www.facebook.com/SuikodenRevival?fref=ts

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: