Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Random thoughs on a new game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, there likely will be stats, but right now I'm not all that sure how many stats should exist. In a way, having a lot of different stats allows people to seek perfection in some sort of niche element. Having only few of them leads to people who want to prefect everything-- which can be dangerous.

The problem with that, though, is that more stats = more complexity which means it'll be harder to manage. Even if relationships between stats are hard-coded, balancing them becomes very hard.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For all the stress and negatives that are remembered with the old game, it's a true testament to how engaging and how much fun it could be to see all these familiar names still here 5 years on. I'm surely looking forward to seeing whatever comes out of this stream of ideas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The stream of ideas is facing a huge obstacle which is my aging brain, which seems to be making it really hard to re-learn the stuff I used to be able to do.

Along with that, I have been busy trying to find a job in Japan-- and after 100+ applications and 20+ interviews, I'm finally starting work with a certain company in November. Thus, I'm again busy preparing for that work. At least there will be a source for funding for this site, but as for development please don't have any high hopes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: