Suikoden Unique and Infamous Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Unusual opinions you hold about the series?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Unusual opinions you hold about the series? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm just gonna start a thread if you all don't mind, I figure if there is a thread similar to mine (which I remember everyone here making a huge fuss about if you make a like thread) it's long dead and no one is gonna care.

That out of the way.

Opinions that you find are unusual that you hold concerning the series as a whole. Whether it be a game in the series you like that no one else does, characters you use and find useful, things you like to do in the game that no one else likes to do.

My favorite game in the series is Tactics. :>

Followed closely by two, then three, then one.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For me, probably the fact that I think Leon Silverberg is the best strategist. Most people say it's either Shu or Mathiu Silverberg. At one point, I was so psyched up about the whole idea that I made the "Leon Silverberg FAQ" to "systematically prove" how Leon Silverberg is superior.

Otherwise I think I'm a fairly normal fan because I like 2 the best.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apple's the best yo.

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Estella *is* hot.

Just paper bag that shit.

^Actual quote!
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solon Jhee, anyone with that hair who gets that post is deserved of best strategist in the series, plus he's actually the only one who also attempted to dissuade the populace from immediately revolting by decapitating the previous mayor and then impaling his head for all to see, it's a shame that they half arsed boats and he then got killed off.

Otherwise I sincerely hoped that Jeane was some manner of mechanical terminator that killed entire populaces through sterilising the male gender since it was well known that the Sindar had some funky tech and she / her family of androids are related to ancient historia most likely to ensure that some plucky teen hero doesn't go back in time to stop her production line from being automated.

I say that because if I hear one more tee hee from her I'm going to ask for a punch feature to be coded in so she gets punched in the breast by someone wearing a boar rune.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^Use periods.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
^Use periods.

Use standard forum decorum and politeness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^No.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if this is considered 'unusual'
but of all the Suikoden games.....Suikoden 1 was the least memorable for me and thus ranks rather low on my list in terms of if you ask me to name the Suikoden games in the order I like em....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
but of all the Suikoden games.....Suikoden 1 was the least memorable for me and thus ranks rather low on my list in terms of if you ask me to name the Suikoden games in the order I like em....

I feel that way about Sukio2 and the esteem it's held in. Sure it improved in leaps and bounds in practice, but Highland was a poor "enemy", the second half of the game was lacking substance, Jowy's defection reasoning was abysmal, as was his choice in retainers, the Harmonian subtext was pointless, the battle formula was extremely poor (Kasumi with a 5% chance to hit criticals for no reason whatsoever?). The game itself is glitched, bugged and mutilated, yet fans of the series are more inclined to go "I expected the island nations to have less sailing on boats! I hate sailing!" rather than talk down Suiko2 as the tripe that it was.

I'm sorry, a game in that age should not be broken enough to be able to glitch win in 10 hours with full recruitment and scenes. I mean even Rokkaku Hamlet which is supposed to be hidden the user is treated as an idiot as Riou will turn towards the screen for 3 screens to denote "hey, there's something there". Some hidden village that is.

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^Are you serious? If those are your gripes
"How come Riou can find the hidden village! IT'S HIDDEN!", "Why are the talking about harmonia? how dare they foreshadow events in later games in the series!"(<- the best fucking part of suikoden games fyi.) and the best one: "Other people like it too much so I don't like it!"

No one's gripe about Suikoden iv is "I expected less sailing" It's more like, "A game with so much sailing should have done a better job of making it *not* suck.", and by the by, you getting viki so early in suikoden iv is a clear indication that even the creators of the game realized the sailing was not that fun. Anyway, if those are your gripes, then frankly you shouldn't like any suikoden games, and that's fine, they're not for everyone I guess. I hear the Mario social boards on Gamefaqs are still fairly active.

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:

Nope, it's a pretty poor game in my opinion too, and easily at the bottom of my list.

Also, this thread went down the drain fast. Congratulations on a job well done, OP.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd consider Suikoden I and IV about the same quality--but the original at least has the nostalgia factor going for it.

I also agree that Suikoden II isn't as good after the defeat of Luca Blight--still a great game over all, in my opinion though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ard wrote:

Also, this thread went down the drain fast. Congratulations on a job well done, OP.

Why's that? Because something I said ticked you off and now you're upset? I'm just replying to really stupid posts in kind.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really see the point in bickering about pointless things on an internet forum.

That said, perhaps my most unusual opinion on the Suikoden series is that I have a huge interest in everything to do with the Highland Kingdom. I remember one time I did a complete playthrough of Suikoden 2 for research purposes and wrote a treatise on the makeup of the Highland government (specifically, the military structure) based on that information. I consider Suikoden 2 to be Murayama's masterpiece, but even so you'd be amazed at the errors in consistency you find when you dig that deep.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: