Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you do now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to hang around back in the day when I was 15-17 being generally annoying and ridiculously into the games!

Drifted away from it in recent times (nearly 22 now)! Currently 2 and half years away from a bachelors in Electrical Engineering, with the intention of doing a Masters. Living the student life for now, and loving it!

Miss the bold Tinto Rep.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I joined suikox in its later years. The nation games have already been around for two and a half years I believe. Still, it was a very long time ago. I was a college freshman and this was the first forum I ever joined.

I am 23 years old now. I have a bachelors in Biology with Chemistry minor. After graduating, I completed a few research projects and have had a paper published. I am now deciding to go back to what I initially planned to do, go to medical school.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a (poor excuse for a) web designer and I also write (bad) comedic articles for chump change under a number of different aliases. I'll probably be moving to Chicago this summer as my financial situation slowly improves.

I also still work on the Gensopedia from time to time but only as a hobby rather than the obsession it was in years past.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to see you posting in the community again John. Do you suppose we'll ever see Due Fiumi up and running again or has that ship sailed?

I suppose that I should post what I've been up to as well. I'm 23 now and I've recently graduated from RIT with a Bachelors in Computer Science. Now, I'm working as a software engineer for a tech company in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'm beginning to miss all the free time I had back in college, but the work is interesting and I'm meeting cool people.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Xelinis wrote:
Glad to see you posting in the community again John. Do you suppose we'll ever see Due Fiumi up and running again or has that ship sailed?

Due Fiumi is done. But I do (finally) own the Their Star domain again and I've been working on a new Gensopedia and a small site to go there. Nothing major. Suikoden is only one of many hobbies now, rather than the passion I had a few years ago.

Of course, whenever it goes up, I'll be sure to spam the link everywhere in the best John Layfield tradition.

I'm glad to see almost everyone is doing so well. This forum sure churned out a lot of intelligent folk over the years. I bet Vex is pretty happy about that. Or not.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good to see you John, and yes, I sure as hell am happy this forum churned out the type of folks Stalin would have loved to kill. I hope the ambiance of the forum which focused on intelligent dialogue helped turn people into critical thinkers...

Meanwhile, I recently quit my job with Honda, and am preparing to return to Japan. My medical issues have become a bit too much for me to stay employed, and because my employment-provided insurance will run out fairly soon, I decided it's high time to return to Japan where I can get 100% coverage for my condition. This may mean I'll have more time to doodle around like I used to.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
This may mean I'll have more time to doodle around like I used to.

Well hopefully you can get the kind of care you need in Japan Vex. I am not surprised you aren't totally covered under the US's defunct plans. Also hopefully your doodling will lead to more activity around here. It would be nice to see this place alive again. Maybe even create a New Blue Moon Forums. (remembering the good old, old times)

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haven't been around in almost three years myself. I do have many fond memories of this place back in 2004/2005 during the early days of Falena when I went by the alias of Traz. Plenty of amusing situations and generally fun times. For a selective poster like me to amass over 1,000 posts on any other forum but Suikox is unheard of in my case.

Let's see. I completed my printing apprenticeship back at the start of 2008, had an ace fulltime job until a few months into 2010 before being made redundant, and have only been able to secure impermanent casual positions ever since. The industry is more or less screwed in Sydney/NSW, so I am now pretty much forced to look into a new career. I would like to take the lazy way out and just get into mining, but with no past experience such a thing is insanely difficult even for entry-level positions.

Aside from work, nothing else has changed for me. No hell-spawn, and no leash around my neck. Hoping for a lotto win and then shall go from there! ;)
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Things have been changing for me. Right now I am at Columbus airport, waiting for my flight to return to Japan. After 20 years, I'm finally leaving the USA. I actually have no work waiting for me in Japan either-- hopefully I'll find something, but if not I'll have a lot of free time which I'll need to fill with stuff, such as getting off my ass and working on this site.

I'll also need some way to get enough donations to keep this site alive, now that I don't have any easy way to earn dollars and make payments to the excellent server existing in Brooklyn, New York.

One of the stuff I'd like to work on is to figure out how to integrate this site with facebook and twitter. I'm sure it'll be hard to work with a dead series though, so I'll need to think of something (although I think all I can work with is Suikoden).
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good luck, Vex! I hope all the pieces fall into place for you and be sure to track down Celes and say hi for me!

I just finished up with my now-previous job yesterday, but I have a good chance of getting on at another place due to an agreement between the general manager of the company and his counterpart at a competitor, which actually took the contract which ultimately necessitated my (as well as many others) departure.

I do not see it as a bad situation, leaving the job and all, as I think the stress built up due to the frustration of some of the aspects beyond my control was causing or, at least, exacerbating health issues. Thankfully any such issues are minor and merely annoyances, but I would hate for them to become serious and judging how I felt working there before I received the news that I was one of those affected by the restructuring, it has been an overall positive outcome.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I'm trying to get back in college.. I have an associates degree in Graphic Design. I'm also looking for a job.. but no one will hire me for no good reason!

But wow, when I joined here.. I was 14 and now I'm 22 :O
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A curious spur of nostalgia caused me to visit. Away for 1495 days it says in my profile. Wow.

It is remarkable what an important part of my life this site used to be. Fond memories. Weird, but fond.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, hey there Mr. President. I mean Curry Monster. I mean iscalio.

As vague a response as ever to the question of what you're up to now, but that's certainly not out of character. ;)

Well, I'm wrapping up my Junior year of University now. I'm thinking about applying to go to law school after I graduate. We'll see where that goes. I always said I wanted to work a few years before going back to school again, but now that the real world is only a stones throw away I don't really want to get out there.

I hope you're doing well Vex--let us know how Japan is treating you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, like Vextor, I'm now moving someplace else for the foreseeable future. In my case, I'll be moving to New York, New York to start PhD studies having now finished my Master's.

Kinda scary, and expensive, so we'll see how things go! Good to see everyone's still doing stuff when I'm not looking at the site! :D
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is Blue Thunder.

My life has had some ups and downs (though mostly downs) and unlike many of you I can't claim to be working on a college degree, or getting married, or moving, or aiming towards anything meaningful for the future. I'm struggling to make it day-by-day and have no idea where I'll be even a month from now. I guess my life has always been like this.

I haven't been to a Suikoden site in such a long time. I thought I would peek back here to see if anything new had happened. I remember how the Suikoden fan community helped me keep my sense of self through some of the absolute lowest times of my life. Some of my best friends were made in the Suikoden fan community.

I can't claim much enthusiasm for Suikoden anymore though. I of course love the first three games. Suikoden 2 will always be my favorite video game. I will always have my memories, both of the games themselves and of the awesome times I had online here at SuikoX, over at Suikosource, and at older places like the Village, Tenzan Pass, and (thinking way back to around 1999 here!) Harmonia Online. Konami seems to have bailed on the original Suikoden setting though and is releasing games that have nothing in common aside from the name. There isn't much reason to go lurking at Suikoden sites if nothing will possibly come of it.

I also wanted to use this chance to say thank you to Vextor Ted. You were the intelligent, successful, independent older brother figure I had always wanted in my life. I wish I had met you in person that one time I was visiting family near you, but I'm happy enough to have known you by your words alone. I looked up to you, and you didn't disappoint. I'm a better person for having met you. Even if it was just a little bit, I want you to understand that you made a positive impact in someone else's life. Again, thank you.

I'm not good at concluding my ramblings, so...that's that, I guess.

(I don't use any social networks but I'm sometimes on Steam with the username "admiralblue" if anyone cares to play TF2 sometime, or just add me for the hell of it. I'm not very social these days though so don't expect much talking from me.)

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: