Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The greatest rune bearer.... WHO?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: The greatest rune bearer.... WHO? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'sLeknaat Hikusaak,
marvelous stan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: The greatest rune bearer.... WHO? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Sierra. Controlling a True Rune that had been borne by another for 400 years shows a level of mastery unequaled by any other.

Of course, her ability is limited to only the Moon Rune. In terms of general knowledge of runes and ability to control them with artifice Hikusaak is probably well above her.
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: The greatest rune bearer.... WHO? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to say Luc from what we see in Suikoden III. If I was to take a wild stab in the dark at who is the greatest bearer that we haven't seen, then i'd say whoever led the Sindar I guess. One day hopefully..!
Empyrean

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I think of the greatest rune bearer, I also like to see how a person handles handling a true rune. While we all know every true rune comes with great responsibility, power and consequences when bearing, some really pushes the threshold. Tir and Lazlo, to me are the greatest rune bearers. Their runes can be very iniquitous and have devastating effects on them and the people around them. It really takes a great bearer to keep said runes in check.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sure all true runes are that way. We just don't necessarily see it.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Empyrean

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps, I was more or less talking about the peculiar traits of those two True runes. Such as the Soul Eater/Life & Death sucks the souls of people around the bearer, i.e the bearers friends, causing untimely deaths. The rune of punishment is the embodiment of a parasite and unless the bearer can master it, he is certain to die in some way.

I believe bearing these responsibilities and over-coming them, makes Lazlo and Tir candidates as to who the greatest rune bearer is. Just my opinion, Luc comes in a distant third.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has already been said that the souleater does not actually eat souls, but gains strength through the completion of the life cycle, thus why it does not lose power when Gremio returns to life. Souleater is a misnomer.

Empyrean

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it absorbs their souls to gain power. However in doing so, the person loses their life, no? Not everyone will return to life like Gremio. It's a cursed rune, the same as the Rune of Punishment. To endure such hardships is impressive and shows the quality of the bearers.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. If it absorbed Gremio's soul, then it would lose power upon returning it. If you think about, the rune never actively did anything to bring about the death's of anyone, until Ted commanded it to. Also, all of the true runes take a toll on the bearer, just not all in the same way. The Sun Rune sought to dominate it's host/bearer. All of the true runes seem to have a physical drain on the bearer, as well. The Rune of the Beginning guided the bearers of it's sub runes to war. There isn't any in game info on the effects that enemy true runes have had (Sovereign, Blue Moon, Gate), but I'm sure that this is due to either mastery, or length of possession of the rune.

cfc_12

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: The greatest Rune Bearer... WHO? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

of course it's Riou & Jowy Atreides. They bear half of the Rune of the Beginning where all true runes came from. The most powerful of all and no one will be able to surpass that Rune.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The RoB is not the real Sword and Shield, but uses representations of them in the form of Unique runes. The Bright Shield rune isn't even that powerful unless you get it's final attack. Compare it to the Shield runes in Suikoden III.

stardragonsword

4560 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to go with Luc,Leknaat,Ted and Geddoe. Ted and Geddoe mostly because of how long they had to master their respective runes,Luc for being able to possess more than one with the ability to destroy one plus a continent,and Leknaat just seems like one of the most powerful characters in the series that you actually get to see.
jin022

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Riou, because he chose his friend rather than attaining the true rune of the beginning.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably the L'Renouille Castle.

Nothing beats a badass rune-bearing place of residence. Even if its labyrinthine layout leaves plenty to be desired.
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You would say Luc was a pretty impressive rune bearer but you need to consider that he had to learn all that from someone, aka Leknaat.

Impressive True Rune Bearers:

-Yuber
-Jeane
-Luc
-Sarah
-Geddoe
-Arshtat
-Hikusaak
-Sasarai

Remarkable non-True Rune Bearers:
-Mazus
-Crowley
(props to both since they "apparently" fought then died then were born right after or somewhere along those lines)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: