Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

"The Only Hero" - Hikusaak
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zykerion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: "The Only Hero" - Hikusaak Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or it could be simply a title that the Harmonian public gave him because he's the only hero that Harmonia has ever produced. I see the validity behind him possibly being a hero in the past. Perhaps he was young, rebellious, spontaneous. You know, your typical teen. Then he gets his hands on the power of a True Rune, defeats Aronia, and establishes Harmonia as a result.

I understand all of this is pure conjecture on my part, but let's just assume for a bit, that Hikusaak's situation was a bit different after the war. Unlike the other heroes from all the other games, he chooses to assume the seat of power that's been offered him by the people he's just helped, instead of humbly stepping down and letting someone else take over. Over time, and with the assistance of his True Rune immortality, he becomes slowly more and more paranoid, wanting to maintain the hold on this power that he's had for so long. As a result, he becomes more reclusive, making sure that he is able to keep his position without any interference. This would explain his 'disappearance' from the public eye, and is what's giving rise to the civil issues Harmonia faces as we understand them.

If these things are indeed the case (and I am by no means saying they are) then Hikusaak's story reflects in a way the story of Qin Shi Huangdi, the first emperor of China. Qin Shi Huangdi became increasingly paranoid over the course of his reign, such that he was constantly on the move, constantly watching out for assassins, and this took its toll on how he ran the country. Hikusaak may simply be trying to maintain control over the nation he helped found, and uses puppet rulers to do his bidding, letting only a select few actually see him.
iGeorg_Prime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="JetTheHellfire":2sb3ktl3]I'm not exactly a Luc fan, but I don't think he was actually a "bad guy." Pretty well deveoped character with a lot to like. It's possible he has some personality traits belonging to his creator, although I'm not sure Hikusaak would have anything resembling a caring side. This is the guy that brought us blue eyed blondes owning third class people as slaves.

I still feel his title is self-glorification that simply hasn't been challenged by those who benefit from his ways or by those who simply don't know any better. Heh, I guess the only ones who would know better would be those long dead Aronians, Leknaat, and anyone else who might be that ancient.

Jeane is that ancient .____.

[quote="Zykerion":2sb3ktl3]Or it could be simply a title that the Harmonian public gave him because he's the only hero that Harmonia has ever produced. I see the validity behind him possibly being a hero in the past. Perhaps he was young, rebellious, spontaneous. You know, your typical teen. Then he gets his hands on the power of a True Rune, defeats Aronia, and establishes Harmonia as a result.

I understand all of this is pure conjecture on my part, but let's just assume for a bit, that Hikusaak's situation was a bit different after the war. Unlike the other heroes from all the other games, he chooses to assume the seat of power that's been offered him by the people he's just helped, instead of humbly stepping down and letting someone else take over. Over time, and with the assistance of his True Rune immortality, he becomes slowly more and more paranoid, wanting to maintain the hold on this power that he's had for so long. As a result, he becomes more reclusive, making sure that he is able to keep his position without any interference. This would explain his 'disappearance' from the public eye, and is what's giving rise to the civil issues Harmonia faces as we understand them.

If these things are indeed the case (and I am by no means saying they are) then Hikusaak's story reflects in a way the story of Qin Shi Huangdi, the first emperor of China. Qin Shi Huangdi became increasingly paranoid over the course of his reign, such that he was constantly on the move, constantly watching out for assassins, and this took its toll on how he ran the country. Hikusaak may simply be trying to maintain control over the nation he helped found, and uses puppet rulers to do his bidding, letting only a select few actually see him.

That also kinda proves my point that Hikusaak was trying to save the world in his own way but along the way I think he underestimated something big, POLITICS. The darn politicians probably became jealous and either tried to kill him by hiring assassins from "The One Tower" or by gaining his trust and influencing some of his decisions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: