Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 1 Transfer To Suikoden 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaymc27

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Suikoden 1 Transfer To Suikoden 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have recently just completed Suikoden I i know its taken me like 6 years because i played it as a kid and i am planning to start Suikoden II what is the bonus of using my previous save and how do i know if its worked ??

Thanks Guys

Jamie
Yubaa

Phantomia

6273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I recall correctly you need all 108 characters in the first part to be able to load in the SII.

Be sure that versions are same in both parths - NTSC/NTSC or PAL/PAL or it won't work.

You can get Tir from first Suikoden, not sure if I want to ruin for you but read the guid one ssource when you wish to get him !

Good luck ;)

Quote:
Code:
by.Alastor

You are true "suikomasterphantom".

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Antimatzist

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Yubaa":12gycydk]If I recall correctly you need all 108 characters in the first part to be able to load in the SII.

No you just need a save after the last army battle iirc, if you have all 108 Characters you just get a bit more.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure you actually need to save it at the last save point even, otherwise it won't work... However, if you do that, any number of stars will do and you'll be able to transfer the data to SII... But having 108 stars will net you some extra stuff, most importantly an extra character.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Djungelurban":2gr9h8y0]I'm pretty sure you actually need to save it at the last save point even, otherwise it won't work... However, if you do that, any number of stars will do and you'll be able to transfer the data to SII... But having 108 stars will net you some extra stuff, most importantly an extra character.

Yes it is the last save point in Gregminster Palace where the save is registered.

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden 1 Transfer To Suikoden 2 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As others have said, just make sure the save was at the last save point in Gregminster.

[quote="jaymc27":rmy79z80]what is the bonus of using my previous save and how do i know if its worked ??

I believe returning characters will have a higher level (not obscenely high, maybe 10 levels, more or less) and if you managed to get and keep all 108 Stars, you can "recruit" a non-Star character in the latter half of the game.

I think there is also some incidental conversation which can be triggered by an imported save. The most infamous effect of importing the save data concerns the aforementioned "recruitable" character's name.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: