Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

SRPGs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True enough, at least in the case of Shining Force Feather.

I'm glad that Nintendo seems intent to keep bringing their Fire Emblem over since the first English release for GBA.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently playing The Battle for Wesnoth, which is an open source (or free, at any rate) game that has just blown me away. It's got 2D graphics so it has that old school feeling but the amount of campaigns available, plus online play makes it extremely cool in my book!
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: SRPGs? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am currently playing persona 3 the mulsc and gamplay just blown me away it a real gud game
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SRPGs? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Evil luca blight":19swf8c8]I am currently playing persona 3 the mulsc and gamplay just blown me away it a real gud game

Seconded! Thats an amazing game. Are you playing the FES versing, or the PSP one, or the origional?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: SRPGs? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the origional
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Persona 3 is a sRPG?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not really, no. It's a dungeon crawler RPG mixed with HS relationship sim. A very addictive combo. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, a game in the related series, is a pretty damn good SRPG, though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, Devil Survivor is an awesome rendition of the usual MegaTen fare in sRPG format. Now, if only they didn't change the demon capturing/negotiation system to auctions, leading to one having to pay for demons.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyone playing Starcraft II? Obviously a RTS with RPG elements but Blizzard nailed it. It makes the original proud.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm waiting for a price drop. I don't really want to pay full price for a game with 1/3 the campaigns it should have (ie no Protoss and Zerg campaigns).

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thinking about getting Phantom Brave, I hear good things...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: