Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

040 - An Unlikely Alliance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: 040 - An Unlikely Alliance Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:8l6docbu]"Private Olan here, I'm in behind them."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Switch over to S Vapor view and take careful aim. None can escape," an Akigiyama NCO ordered over his headset. His five man task force had been at a stand still against four remaining Q'orren soldiers in this tunnel for what seemed like ages, but the best-equipped military on earth had a few tricks up their sleeves. The sergeant lobbed a small capsule towards the Q'orren, and a hot gas filled the area. The leader's night vision goggles were blinding for a moment, until he flipped an override switch that eliminated the gas and gave him clean sight of his four very confused targets. "Over the top boys."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]The task force rushed in from both directions, taking out their disoriented opponents with precision. "Sir, two more behind you."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]Glenn and Kevin couldn't really see what had happened in front of them as they reached the action, but they could definitely sense that five rifles were aimed directly at them. They stopped dead in their tracks.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Definitely not Q'orren," one soldier reported.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Drop your weapons now!" the sergeant ordered. Glenn and Kevin knew they were at an enormous disadvantage in the dark, and complied without question.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"What on earth is this?" One of the soldiers picked up Glenn's sword and studied it carefully. "I think we've found ourselves a prize, sergeant."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Well I'll be damned," another said, taking the sword. "Do you guys know what this is? I think we've nabbed ourselves two of the Freedom Fighters."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Ah, ha ha, I'm gonna laser blast you if you don't give us those back right now," Kevin awkwardly threatened.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"I don't think President Lizar would be dumb enough to get caught like this sergeant," another soldier said. "I bet they're just his servants."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Servants?!" Kevin shouted. "We uh... listen guys, can't we just get along here?"[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Enough," the leader shook his head. "My name is Staff Sergeant Lonzo, alpha company, 23rd battalion, second division of the Akigiyama special forces, and any other day I'd take your heads as a nice case for promotion, but we've got bigger fish to fry. I don't know how you two got this deep into the Gauteng unnoticed, but you're on our turf now, and you're going to play by our rules." Lonzo rather harshly pushed the sword back into Glenn's hands, and one of his privates did the same with Kevin's weapons. "Come with me."[/p:8l6docbu]
---------------------------------------

[p:8l6docbu]"What's the big picture down here?" Glenn tried to ask a few times as the lot of them rushed through the twisting underground maze for half an hour. He was met with silence, and the difficulty of merely keeping up in the dark discouraged him from pressing the matter. He stumbled into the back of a rather annoyed Akigiyama private when the group finally came to a dead halt.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"IDs. ... Who the hell are they?" he heard a voice in front of him.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Freedom Fighters."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Interesting." A steel door slid open, and they were momentarily blinded by a flood of electric light. The guards prodded them inside.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Sir, we encountered two members of the Freedom Fighters while clearing Tunnel Kilo," Lonzo reported.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"How many down?" the commander asked.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Eight Q'orren eliminated, zero casualties," Lonzo replied.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Twelve," Glenn corrected.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Good job. Get back to your posts."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Roger."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]Their eyes were finally adjusting to the light enough to make out their surroundings. The room was crowded with high tech equipment and uniformed Akigiyama, clearly assembled in a hurry. "Would someone mind telling us what's going on?" Kevin blurted out. The officer just stared at him. "Listen, I know the Q'orren attacked, but we got stuck down here before that. What's the status?"[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"The status?" the officer repeated with a sigh. "We had a few days to prepare for the attack. Once the Guateng has been cleared of infiltrators from the confusion caused by the initial flood of refugees, these tunnels should all be secure. We have monitors at every entrance, and they indicate that only fifty-two Q'orren were able to enter before barricades were established. Furthermore, only five of the thirty-two entrances were discovered to the best of our knowledge. Our current mission is to clear out the leftovers and consolidate the refugees into a smaller zone, limiting the area we need to defend."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"I'm impressed," Glenn replied. "What's the status above?"[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"That is not currently my concern, but the Q'orren hold the majority of the city. Most of the population was successfully evacuated, but it's only a matter of time before the Q'orren focus their attention down here."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"Do you know what happened to the other Freedom Fighters?" Kevin asked.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"No," the officer replied. "And I don't advise you go looking for them. I know we are enemies, but we're going to have to work together on this one."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"What do you have in mind?"[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"A lot of the tournament combatants have volunteered to man the front lines. Their diversity in fighting styles has proven to be a huge advantage so far," the officer explained. "If you'll consent to working with us, you will be assigned to one of the five entrances known to the Q'orren, where the combat is heaviest."[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"And if we don't?" Kevin asked.[/p:8l6docbu]
[p:8l6docbu]"We cannot risk exposing the other entrances. You are free to leave out of any of the five known to the Q'orren." A smug smile crossed his face. "You will probably die as soon as you poke your heads out, but they might simply torture you for information. Or you can fight with us. The 'choice' is yours."[/p:8l6docbu]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: