Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Suikoden race do you prefer?
Human
30%
 30%  [ 29 ]
Elf
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Kobold
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Winger
15%
 15%  [ 15 ]
Ney-Kobold
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Lizard
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Duck
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Other
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 96

EternalLight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like all the races, they all facinate me in their own way...everyone is unique so everyone deserves some credit and facination...
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i pick humans
Icegryphon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pick humans as well. It seems to me that other races are usually kind of gimmicky (something I dislike) and rarely ever compare to how cool humans are.

I mean this on multiple levels. Usually the non-humans all look alike with only slight variations in character design, they usually have roughly the same abilities and they're usually sub-par. Look at the beavers from Suiko 5 or the lizardmen from Suiko 3.
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

beavers from Suiko 5 was in 2nd
3nd was winger
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Humans all the way. The other races don't really get enough development to measure up and, as mentioned before, feel a bit 'gimmicky'. Elves and dwarves are all well and good but they are established fantasy staples that Suikoden just borrowed but did not not add anything to. The later races were far more original but a mixed bag in likeableness. I like kobolds and lizards but never cared much for the others. Especially the Nay-Kobolds and the Mermaids! Wingers could have been interesting given a little more development beyond: 'misunderstood gypsies turned scarecrows'. My ranking would look like this:

Humans
Kobolds
Lizards
Wingers
Elves
Ducks
Dwarves
Beavers
Nay-Kobolds
Mermaids

Ducks rank above dwarves solely because of Sgt. Joe.

Last edited by Splendid Monkey on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose wingers, cool character art plus pretty well defined character traits. Mischievous but loyal, smart, sneaky and brave. Generally with a pretty cool weapon Scythe being my favorite. Also I'm still waiting for them to make a Winger Dragon Knight. How bad ass would they be? He could leap off the dragon and do sick combos with the dragon and then glide back onto it's back plus they're already a spear using people.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="UberPendragon":3iutu5ht]I chose wingers, cool character art plus pretty well defined character traits. Mischievous but loyal, smart, sneaky and brave. Generally with a pretty cool weapon Scythe being my favorite. Also I'm still waiting for them to make a Winger Dragon Knight. How bad ass would they be? He could leap off the dragon and do sick combos with the dragon and then glide back onto it's back plus they're already a spear using people.

I thought that doomsday device Landis was carrying around looked quite ridiculous, actually. I mean: how is he supposed to balance that thing?? That said, I must admid I've only seen it in artwork since I never managed to actually recruit him. Winger dragon knights would be cool, though! They wouldn't even have to worry in case they fell off. Kinda makes you wonder what they'd need the dragons for! :lol:
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They would need the dragons because they could only glide they cant really fly fly, but they could do some sick air combos with their dragon and then glide back onto their back.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What Suikoden race do you prefer? [possible spoilers] Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i said Winger cuz landis is one of my favos
stardragonsword

4560 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose wingers,though I was stuck between that and humans. I loved Chaco and Sid,Landis kind of bugged me when it came down to finding the sob but I did end up liking him too. Though with wingers I think what attracts me to them is their mischievous and albeit creepy personalities. Kind of reminds me of home hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: