Suikoden United and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

033 - Ominous Feeling ((MAJOR EDIT! PLEASE READ!))

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: 033 - Ominous Feeling ((MAJOR EDIT! PLEASE READ!)) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

((NDR: I jumped the gun when I made this post the first time. Please disregard the old post and read this one instead. I've done a LOT of editing, so please re-read the post.))

[p:3oqru0zq]General Aerjin watched as the great Q'orren ship began to part the clouds. The Mystic airships were not yet in the air, but a detachment of anti-air cannons were mobilized and at the ready if the need arised. Silf at least offered Aerjin this affordance. The cannons were loaded with cannonballs infused with powerful Mystic magics--the same armaments that the airships possessed, and were ready to fire the moment Silf gave the word.[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Aerjin examined the Q'orren ship. It was far too large to be a mere transport ship. It was at least ten kilometers in diameter, which suggested the ship was either used for mass transport (which made very little sense given everything that Aerjin had heard about the Q'orren) or war. If the aliens were hostile, would these smaller airships and these cannons be sufficient to fight it off? No, there was no sense in asking such a question. They must be enough.[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Next to Aerjin, a cellphone ringtone played. It was Silf's. She picked the phone up and noted the caller--Michael Wight--and answered.[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"Silf here," Silf said quietly. Aerjin watched intently. He knew this call would determine the course of action the Mystics would take. His heart sank when he saw Silf's eyes widen in shock.[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"You're certain?" Silf asked Wight. "Quinton Kaiser? How does he know?" After a pause, Silf nodded. "Do you trust him...obviously not. What's it like on our side? Well, the Q'orren ship has just entered our attack range. I can tell you it's definitely not on any kind of mercy mission. It's huge. And it looks armed....right. What!?"[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"What is it?" Aerjin asked.[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Silf turned to Aerjin. "He wants us to hold off on any attacks until further notice."[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"We can do no such thing!" Aerjin said in shock. "If we deliberate any longer it may already be too late!"[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"I agree with you for once," Silf remarked. She then turned back to her phone. "I'm giving you fifteen minutes to prove they're not going to attack. I can wait no longer. My people are starting to ask questions and I'm running out of excuses...." Silf nodded after recieving her answer. "Thank you. Good luck to you too." As Silf hung up her phone, she turned to General Aerjin. "Launch the airships," she said. "I want them all in attack formation once the fifteen minutes are up."[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Aerjin eyed his empress with new respect. "I boldly commend you for this order, your excellency." With that, Aerjin gave the word, and within two minutes the airships were rising into the air. Thirteen left to go. At least now the Mystics would be better prepared in the increasingly likely event that an attack was incoming.[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]*****[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"Admiral Shaidorol! Several large airships have taken to the sky!"[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]The commanding officer, a white haired, middle-aged Q'orren wearing an eyepatch, watched the airships rise into the air. "How many?"[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"I'm picking up two dozen. They don't match any of the airships we've learned about on our scouting reports."[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Shaidorol thought about this turn of events. He believed the fighters he had were sufficient to deal with the airships, and the cannons would be easily dealt with in due time. But what else could these Mystics have up their sleeve? Is this their entire defense force? Or merely the first wave?[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"It would seem that they have seen through our ruse," Shaidorol remarked. "Or they're being much more cautious than the humans."[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"What does it matter, husband?" a middle-aged woman standing off to the side said in a mocking tone. She was taller than average and her hair was jet black. "We could end this in a minute if you give the order."[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]"I will not use that unless I have no other options," Shaidorol said. "You know that Valinthia wants slaves and not corpses. Besides, you know our way. Use of that is considered an admission of defeat. We will do this with our own power, surprises or not. Understood, Urdr?"[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Urdr bowed and smiled. "You orders are absolute, husband. Should we make the first attack?"[/p:3oqru0zq]
[p:3oqru0zq]Shaidorol shook his head. "Not until we receive the order. But have the 3rd, 5th, and 8th squadrons ready for when it happens. Soon we will see what these Mystics are capable of."[/p:3oqru0zq]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: