Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden VI wish list
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarossa didn't inherit the Sovereign Rune until after winning the War of Succession, and becoming emperor, so sadly that idea won't go anywhere, unless we see a retcon of some sort. Also, the War of Succession would be too close to the events and landmarks of Suikoden 1 to be featured effectively in a main game. It would be nice side game fodder, but I'm thinking it will probably remain background history.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Master_Luc

Master_Luc

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI wish list Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonian!
I want know about Bishops and this incredible and strong country!
Destiny's Warrior

Mercenarios of Destino

17251 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI wish list Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully they'll continue using the skill system, I do enjoy that side of things.

I honestly hope they don't start making new countries, I'm stilling clinging onto the past and hope they develop more of the northern continents history, and future.

I like the idea of creating your own look for the Hero, that'd be pretty awesome. Konami also need to get with the times and maybe introduce the option of a female protagonist again just like in III.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, there are only two potential countries left on the northern continent, unless they expand upon Tinto. Compared to how many possibilities with the rest of the world, and the fact that they won't use Harmonia until they intend to end the series. Unless they've changed their minds on that, which I don't think they have, since HVG was involved in Suikoden V.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI wish list Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Destiny's Warrior":jup26jjk]Hopefully they'll continue using the skill system, I do enjoy that side of things.

Honestly, I could go either way on this one. It can be kind of fun to play around with, but at the same time, it's never really been perfected. It wouldn't ruin the experience for me if they ditched it. I found it borderline useless in Suikoden V anyway, except for very early on before you had access to the stronger armors and could benefit from the physical defense boost. And leveiling up in Suikoden III took way too long in most cases. One thing they did right in Suikoden V was allowing you to use your leftover skill points to level other, lesser-used character up.

I'd like to see war battles revert back to a semblance of its old self. The real-time didn't work for me, especially since some of the battles were sprawn across both land and water and there were times when I wasn't even aware some of my units were in danger until it was too late. Now granted, having to play a guessing game (save for a successful spying) in the old Suikoden titles wasn't great either. I'd thought about choosing your actions based on verbal clues from the enemy commander, but that would be too much like the duels. Perhaps they could try a system that requires you to watch the way certain units are moving/lining up, and then make your guess of whether or not they're going with the charge, archers or magic. Or something like that. All ideas are welcome.

Another thing while it's on my mind... no more BS recruiting, please. I'm talking about the likes of Clive and Landis. Running in and out of a town 30 times or the second screen of a forest for 30 minutes to recruit anyone is seriously not cool! I don't mind doing a little side mission in order to regain a recruit, but the "wait until they damn well feel like showing up" tactic is rage-inducing. :damn:
Antimatzist

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Re: Suikoden VI wish list Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="BlackKnightYuber":246wlqim][quote="Destiny's Warrior":246wlqim]

Honestly, I could go either way on this one. It can be kind of fun to play around with, but at the same time, it's never really been perfected. It wouldn't ruin the experience for me if they ditched it. I found it borderline useless in Suikoden V anyway, except for very early on before you had access to the stronger armors and could benefit from the physical defense boost. And leveiling up in Suikoden III took way too long in most cases. One thing they did right in Suikoden V was allowing you to use your leftover skill points to level other, lesser-used character up.

I think they should expand on the SKill System. I think this gave Suikoden III and Tactics a lot more character-customization and this is always fun. Maybe they should go a bit more into Star Ocean (1/2) with having passive Skills to improve, too, or something like that...

About the War battles: I really don't know which system I liked best. I think S I (too simplistic/luck based) was the worst, but every other system had its own charme. I don't have a good example from another game either, so I wish they make something good...

One thing they should include: Make the damn HQ more lifely! I think S II's castle was the best, because it was filled with life. S III was ok, but IV, V and Tierkreis felt so.. stiff. It was mostly filled only with your characters and occasionally with NPCs.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More thoughts...

I'd like it very much if, at the end of the game, there are no characters that are forced into your final party. I didn't exactly mind taking Viktor and Flik along with me in the original, and Lyon in the last game, but it's nice to have a choice in the matter. Let the player choose his or her final 5 comrades.

I would consider junking the whole short-medium-long range weapon dealie. It's never really made perfect sense anyway. You're telling me that Riou, with fairly short tonfas is a medium ranger, while the bloke holding the large broadsword is a short range character? I say thee nay. It kind of limits the weapon selection for the Tenkai anyway, as well as party members you can use without altering the formation. I'd like to be able to worry more about using which characters I actually give a damn about, instead of having to settle for a character that I don't like as much, just because their weapon will be accurate from the back row.

Along with some of the more popular mini-games, I'd love to see the addition of dueling. Choose any of the playable SoDs to go one on one, and have a second option for tournament-style dueling that, should you win it, nets you a nice prize or two. Perhaps add the dueling as an option to the already-established training hall from Suikoden IV. Returning mini-games, in my opinion, should include the fishing and beast racing from Suikoden V and the theater from Suikoden III. I'm also nostalgic for Gaspar's dice game, though I realize it was a horribly cheap way to earn ridiculous amounts of potch. ;)
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see more instances where you need to split into teams. With 108 characters, there are always more than 5 characters I want in my party. And the ability to split into 2 or 3 groups would let me use those characters sometimes.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At this point, the only real wish is that Suikoden VI comes into existence soon. I'll pick on the finer details only once after it's announced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: