Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Online Suikoden Card Stories?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
solofye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: New Online Suikoden Card Stories? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey first post here ever!

Anyways, I'm a longtime lurker of the various Suikoden forums and Konami site and I noticed that there was an update to the Suikoden site a few days ago.

http://www.konami.jp/products/dx_gensou ... index.html

From what I can tell, there's going to be new artwork but that's the extent of what I could figure out (Yay for pictures!). Can anyone explain to me what this will actually be? Is my excitement over nothing or can I jump for joy at new Suikoden news? Any information will enthused over no matter what. :D
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: New Online Suikoden Card Stories? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From some translation tools, it seems like this is going to be a new web browser game optimized for phones, which is a big market in Japan. It also looks like Ishikawa is providing the artwork.

EDIT: On further inspection, I don't even think this is a proper game, more of a social networking thing where you get some of those digital cards and trade with your friends. It looks like these 'cards' are to be used as wallpapers.

Last edited by Xelinis on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And you'll even get to pay 315 yen (about 4 dollars) / month if you want to get three random cards every day!
Seems like another Konami money-making scheme devoid of any soul.
solofye

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: New Online Suikoden Card Stories? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well...whatever it is...it sounds like something that will at least add something new to the series even if it's just new artwork. New something is better than new nothing.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, at least we know they still think that the franchise still has some kind of moneymaking potential.

Even if this feels rather underhanded for the series standard. Paying for intangible digital contents, pfft.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: