Suikoden Unique and Infamous Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What can be said about the new HQ then? (Spoilers likely)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaolin_swordsman

47140 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: What can be said about the new HQ then? (Spoilers likely) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've not seen any convos about this yet, so....
What's the score with the new HQ, are the circumstances under which it's obtained awesome?
What sort of fuctions does it perform?
Is it of strategic importance?
How does it compare to past HQs?

Cheers folks.
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3172254

not much on HQ - the most relevant info you'll get is that there is no bathroom. Imagine how dirty and stinky must be your 108 stars...
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't completely understand the plot....(since I don't completely understand Japanese)....but you kind of stumble on the abandoned place
[spoiler:ye3g4i9s]While the "Marika from another world" enlists your help in fighting some monster that escaped from her world into your own and she shows you the "portal to multiple worlds" which just happens to be in the soon-to-be-your HQ's...erm....garden
....or something....

and then while you're visiting some country up in the north you're pursued back down to that soon-to-be-your-HQ place (I think because they want your Mark of the Stars books)....and your party decides to fight back there so then they clean all the rubble up and make it more homey...and HQ-like....for some reason... o.o

fast forward a bit...some people from a neighboring country in the east barge in and help defend your butt-- I'm guessing they threaten that northern army to back-off or they'll take it as a declaration of war---and so the northern army backs off....

And then right before going off to visit the country where the eastern army came from to say your thanks and probably talk about why they helped you and stuff....they all decide to put main character dude in charge of everything and decide to come up with an "official name" for their group of people....so that you can present yourself in a more formal way to the leader of that eastern country...
and then when you come back they want to name the castle/HQ as well.[/spoiler:ye3g4i9s]

.....uh....yeah that's probably a VERY crude and INACCURATE summary/rundown.... <_<;;
so don't quote me...anywhere....

It'll probably be much more epic and cool with official translations.....>_<;; ehehe........*sweatdrop*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: What can be said about the new HQ then? (Spoilers likely Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for double post (my previous post was several days ago so wanted to make a new post...)

But...my castle like....just exploded (when you play the game you'll understand why I say it like that :wink: )

And even though there seems to be a consensus that there are no mini-games....the HQ looks quite EPIC now

complete with [spoiler:33e92gm1]a cafeteria/bar, stables, fishing dock, plot of farmland, a [HUGE] courtyard, a porch (oh wait...that's technically Hero's personal porch :wink: ),[/spoiler:33e92gm1]and.....well I think everything else is too cool for mere words...

I'm kind of giddy with excitement with how it looks now. :mrgreen:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jowy220

Location: highland royal plaza (sleeping in the bed with jilia)
0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fror the castle ,it upgraded one level in my game,wainting if there is another upgrade,but it looks like a ruin(not very similar to suiko5),i think later in the game when the castle expands the hero might find a new book(only guesses),and i have a lot of cahrcter right now , and they just get in the way,few are in rooms and there is few rooms,5 floors,the last one a character makes a place to fight monsters and outside a coutryard and a port but it's not used till now, and a stable,and most important there's a elevator like always, and there is a roof
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This will probably top any other feature that will/may be in this game but the HQ has...
[spoiler:be3ae5w0]A CG scene replayer!!
my memory is a bit hazy....but isn't that a series first?! O_O

UBER SWEETNESS!!!![/spoiler:be3ae5w0]
granted....you'll have to recruit the corresponding person first to unlock it...

nass

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Weird Castle Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Weirdest castle i ever got played suikoden series,

(a little spoiler though)
S1, they clean and build the Toran castle themselves
S2, they clean and build the North Window themselves
S3, they took the Budehuc Castle's certificate or so, then build it
S4, A Castle or a ship, fortunately not sunk like Titanic
S5, Kind people called Sindar, give them a castle for free, complete with a lift
Rhapsodia, they got caravan, not a castle, a big caravan for all of the party maybe..
Tierkreis, you pray to defeat One King, and somehow a castle come up, castle upgraded by praying once more, Huh!? wait i do not recall this castle to be so huge and clean, but my memory is screwed up maybe..

True, you will never know till you try :lol:
SixWingedSin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, so at least Tierkries's explanation you messed up with :P. The Stars themselves had no influence on how the castle upgrades in that game. Basically you run across ruins and then plot events happen that upgrade your castle (with the minor bit where you have a plot event where a room is refurbished or whatnot)
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Weird Castle Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. The first time the castle appeared, they didn't even know about the Order of the One True Way, much less the One King. And when the castle was upgraded, they... still hadn't known about him.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Indeed. The first time the castle appeared, they didn't even know about the Order of the One True Way, much less the One King. And when the castle was upgraded, they... still hadn't known about him.

That because unlike the original world Suikoden games where the castle was a part of the game this "Castle " was most likely put in as a very poorly designed after thought no doubt by Osamu Komuta himself :roll: .
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Praying? Afterthought? What is this? Are you sure you are playing the game right?

The castle upgrades are consistent with the main plot, with bits and pieces of random worlds getting meshed up together in Tierkreis. In a way, this is most similar to Suikoden V's Ceras Lake Castle, which was also upgraded via storyline progression.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Tierkreis Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: