Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Is it ever too late to recruit a character in Suikoden?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigertomas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Is it ever too late to recruit a character in Suikoden? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it? Are any characters available only for a brief moment?
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, there are many characters that are missable. Which game are you asking about, or is this just a general question?
tigertomas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Flare":1i8vqv6z]Yes, there are many characters that are missable. Which game are you asking about, or is this just a general question?

First, can you please tell me which ones. And better yet, from which part in the story. I've played it before so no risk to spoil anything. "Like after you get the castle you may miss some people.. etc etc". Something like that would be awesome so I know which of my maaany saves to save and work on.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you mean the original Suikoden, then Leon is missable. I don't remember anyone else being so.

Edit: Oh, and Gremio.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
tigertomas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":3vzwgsl5]If you mean the original Suikoden, then Leon is missable. I don't remember anyone else being so.

Edit: Oh, and Gremio.

Yes but I want to know from what part in the game I can't go back and get a certain hero.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I forget exactly when you have to do it, but check in on Mathiu constantly. At some point he'll give you a note. Shererazade is too late.

Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure Sonya is missable as well. As for the Point of No Return, I'm not entirely sure when that would be since you can leave Gregminster at any time.
tigertomas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":3pfhz23e]I forget exactly when you have to do it, but check in on Mathiu constantly. At some point he'll give you a note. Shererazade is too late.

Ok thanks. This is probably my third time playing this game. I played it twice when it first came out, since then I haven't touched the Suikoden series. But now I got the rest on its way via mail :). I forgot how much I love this game!!
tigertomas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it ever too late to recruit a character in Suikoden? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I finished the first game and found all 108 stars, a bit of help from a walkthrough, like the part where you need to taste the soups, I did walk around click all the stuff in all the houses earlier in the game without a reward so why would I continue:S. Kinda weird. Anyway, I've started to play the 2nd one, and if you could please tell me again when it's too late to recruit everyone.

Thanks
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't remember any missables, but while you're in your home town, make sure to search the tree behind the dojo several times, to get a character early.

tigertomas

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TruePerception":11a7lqt8]Can't remember any missables, but while you're in your home town, make sure to search the tree behind the dojo several times, to get a character early.

Ok, I missed him the first time I was there then. Thanks a lot.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, make sure you get Feather or you will miss Ayda.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gilbert is also easily missed, and even if you successfully recruit him during the war in Muse, he can die in that very same battle as well, making him extra tricky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: