Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

029 - Bad Moon Over New Belexes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: 029 - Bad Moon Over New Belexes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On the other end of the world, the Mystics were preparing for the worst. Silf had ordered Anwyn to return to New Belexes the moment she learned about the plot against Andrew using a fake Alex. She hoped and prayed that it didn't relate to what was going on above the city, but she had a feeling her prayers weren't going to be answered.

"It looks like you may get your wish after all, General," Silf said to Aerjin as the two looked out at the hangar. Inside were twenty Mystic airships. These were the only remnant of Soljin's reign that Silf was unwilling to destroy. Soljin had aspirations to use them to oppress humanity, and while those machinations were never realized, the airships were kept in working condition, in case of an emergency. They were twice the size of an aircraft carrier and powered mostly by human technology, although their armaments--cannonballs infused with powerful offensive magic and shield spells created by a team of Mystics within the airships--were anything but.

"I do hope that what you fear is not true, your excellency" Aerjin replied. "If these Q'orren do indeed intend to attack, then I don't know if even these airships will protect us."

"All I know is that we've picked up a lot of mana spikes, identical to the one that we found over Johannesburg," Silf explained. "But these are different. Much larger, and concentrated on three areas. Johannesburg, Nagasaki, and here. Once we get visual contact we might have a better idea of what their intentions are. Until then it would be foolish to leave our guard down."

Aerjin nodded. While a part of him did want to blame Silf for being unprepared, he had been more concerned that humans would attack, and not this alien race from beyond the stars. He could never in his years predict that such a threat existed, and it did not surprise him that they would target New Belexes. Although the Mystics only accounted for 1% of the population of the earth, the average Mystic was considerably more powerful than the average human. Destroying New Belexes, as well as the two largest human cities in the world, would be a logical first step in crushing the morale of everyone on earth.

"Perhaps we should make the first strike," Aerjin quietly said.

"Out of the question," Silf replied. "If there's even a chance their intentions are honest I will not jeopardize any chance for peace."

"Begging your pardon, your excellency," the general said in a reverent tone, "but if we wait for them to strike first it may be too late."

Silf nodded slowly. "I understand that. That's why Vice President Wight is keeping me updated on their status. The moment he tells me they're hostile, we strike."

Aerjin nodded. "We will likely be outnumbered. And outgunned."

"True," Silf replied. "But New Belexes will not fall as long as I live."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: