Suikoden United and Irrational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

024 - Signs in the Dark

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: 024 - Signs in the Dark Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

June 17th, 2014, 9:15 PM – Johannesburg, South Africa, Landing Site of the Glorious Enlightenment

The New United Nations special intergalactic summit meeting had ended just a few hours ago. The Q’orren had promised many gifts to the world, and did not seem to have any stipulations on what they wanted. It seemed like a new golden age was going to appear, and Andrew Lizar couldn’t have been happier. For once, the representatives of the various countries within the new UN seemed to be fairly united in their desire to see this through. After the initial stages and setup, Andrew had left the proceedings to Michael Wight, he was far more diplomatic then Andrew ever was, and was more skilled in dealing with political issues. But, perhaps not all was roses…

The Q’orren ship, “The Glorious Enlightenment” had been opened to limited public access – they didn’t want certain sensitive areas exposed, but much of their technology could be seen, and there was quite the crowd.

But this crowd moved aside at the newest arrival, a well kept man in a very nice suit, Quinten Kaiser – the CEO of the Akigiyama Corporation himself.

“So, this is what the fuss is all about.” His deep voice said almost menacingly. He had allowed the new UN to have the aliens land here because it would give the tournament more views while people waited for more information on the aliens.

Valinthia came from the back of the ship to greet the new visitor, “Ah yes, mister Quinten Kaiser, we’ve read much about you.”

Kaiser grinned, “I’m sure.”

Valinthia returned a grin, “I believe we may have something of interest to you.”

Kaiser kept his cocky smile, “I’m sure you think you do.” He said darkly.

“My my, such a rude man.” Valinthia teased lightly.

Kaiser sneered, “My dear, I came here to see if there’s profit in this new happenstance. I don’t appreciate having my time wasted.”

Valinthia sighed, “Yes, very good then.” She groaned, “Man, you humans can be annoying!” She said loudly, but briefly before covering her mouth, “At any rate, this way, Mr. Kaiser.” She said, leading the executive inwards.

This scene had caught the attention of nearby Q’orren who looked completely shocked that someone could go toe to toe with the commander in words.

[center:xs607mi9]***[/center:xs607mi9]

The tournament was done for the day, only the morning would show what new fights would be coming. Alex, Jun, Jet, and Clive were all still remaining in battle, plus several others. Because of this, and also because Alex was still under the authority of his mother, Alex was now asleep in his bed, but this blissful rest was soon put to an end when a noise outside his window awoke him. His reflexes were all that saved him from a near miss on an assassin’s needle hitting the pillow beside him.

Alex quickly formed ice around him like an armor and crashed through the window, the assassin, a rather lanky person dressed in a ninja outfit began to run. Alex gave chase.

Alex tossed several volleys of ice at the assassin, who nimbly dodged the attacks, still running. The moonlight reflected off the tile roof giving an already slick running space – and so Alex got an idea.

Channeling all of his powers, Alex sent a wave of ice, shaped like a Chinese dragon outward, it blew “fire” ice all the way ahead, while the ninja did indeed prevent itself from being caught by the initial wave by it, it did not see the slick ahead of it coming, and it fell off the roof. Alex was ready for this, and caught the Ninja with a cage of ice, he was about to inspect it when a loud gunshot sound roared. Alex felt himself being pushed away, and with his focus lost the cage vanished, the ninja escaped.

“Kid, you really should’ve called your father, or me. Running off like that is reckless.” Agent Perry said in his usual tone as he landed the both of them on the ground in time to see a mortar shell explode on the roof where they had just been.

“They were trying to kill me… who were they?” Alex asked worryingly.

“Don’t know. But they’re about to be dead.” Agent Perry said coldly.

Another voice came running across the room, “Shit, I’m too late, they struck here too!” It was Alkasetzer, “The woobies are back with machine guns man, it’s a nightmare! But fear not!” He said flexing, “Sexy Setz is… oh, it’s just you guys… Well uh, I was a freedom fighter, so stay behind me! Gyahahaha!” He said as he held his black sword forwards, “Vile villains! You cannot target us that easily!”

And then, Setz was hit with a needle in his shoulder.

“I guess they just did.” A dark voice, Alex recognized as Jun said as he appeared holding several similar needles dropping them on the ground. “Someone’s targeting freedom fighters and their families.” He said coldly, he then procured a strange symbol on ripped off clothing, no one recognized, “The one who came after me had this on him.”

“That means… Clearly… it’s the sign of Hard Hat Harry!” Setz

“No it’s not.” Jun replied angrily, “It’s got a strong runic resonance, someone with very strong magic made this.”
“So who with that much magic would do this?” Alex asked curiously.

“Do you want the list chronologically, or alphabetically?” Jun replied deadpan.

Agent Perry sighed, “Wonderful.”

TO BE CONTINUED…
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: