Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Official Genso Suikoden Manga for I II & V

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Official Genso Suikoden Manga for I II & V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't started a topic here in ages but I think this is worth the effort to inform anyone who doesn't already know: there are now official mangas for Genso Suikoden & II from Media Factory(the same company that published the III manga series by Shimizu Aki from 03-06 in japan) recently released on 9/30. Both series just released book #1s in the same cover style as the III mangas, with the titles of: The Succeed Crest for I and The Being Torn Spirit for II. Of course the III series was named: The Successor of Fate, so I would image both of the I & II series will keep those main titles for all books. I recall reading that the III series was officially supported by Konami, so with the entire cover design style copied over and being printed by the same publisher, I would image these two series would be considered to be official too.

The artist for both series is named Yu Hijikata, who's past works included a Valkyrie Profile manga series and a fantasy ROTK related series of some sort back in the late 90s. He/she seem to have a more loose art style that is not heavily computer edited, so some frames look a bit off and characters' images seem inconsistent at times... I much rather prefer Shimizu Aki's work as I'm not loving the style of these books, but I have certainly seen worst; and Shimizu's style did gradually changed during the III series, so maybe this artist just need some time to adjust, plus since this is likely the only official manga series to cover both games entirely, the only choice is to learn to like it.

For someone who is looking for the Genso Suikoden V story and a much better read(in my opinion), the Weekly Konami's Castle of Dawn series seem to still be on going, with 2 new books release over the summer by Bros.Comics EX. The #1 & 2 books came out last fall and are very well done, the artist is Mizuki Fuuju who worked on the V Anthology Comics, the art style stays true to the original V designs with lots of great action. Many battles are very dramatically illustrated, comparable or better than the best ones in the III manga series. The fight in book 2 between Shoon and the Prince during the Sacred Games is one of the more exciting Suikoden moments anywhere, fans of V should really check it out. I just got my order of the 3rd book and can't wait to get the next one that's already out.
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this series being produced in only Japanese or are they converting it to English as well?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cj_riou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i cant find I and II, can u tell me where the site to read it?? in mangafox.com there is only suikoden ibun, suikoden V, and suikoden III only.
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well.. i didnt read any manga for Suikoden yet ..
so is it the same as the game or they add new things ?
any way i want to start reading it so give me the websites where i can read the manga besides mangafox.com
and thanks
Nanami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="cj_riou":11lvcxoa]i cant find I and II, can u tell me where the site to read it?? in mangafox.com there is only suikoden ibun, suikoden V, and suikoden III only.

You didnt find it because its really new. There is only first manga of both of them. It isnt translated, but I scanned those, if you want to see theyre here, by the way if someone wants to traslate it, we are searching for translators, specially for suikoden II manga.
You can download these here:
[url:11lvcxoa]http://www.mediafire.com/?zm2wjjzzjgt[/url:11 lvcxoa]
[url:11lvcxoa]http://www.mediafire.com/?gjgndnzdgmj[/url:11 lvcxoa]
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to share something... I already read volumes 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 9 of suikoden III manga!! I hope that the time will come that I will be able to read all the volumes...
Raww Le Klueze

56792 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="The_Sun_Rune":1a1pybyx]I want to share something... I already read volumes 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 9 of suikoden III manga!! I hope that the time will come that I will be able to read all the volumes...

So buy them.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Official Genso Suikoden Manga for I II & V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the books can be found on amazon japan, I am about as cheap as it get when it comes to buying things but I really would recommend Suikoden fans to pay for these books, they really are worth the $10-15 price and Suikoden can always use more support.

More about the books: the Suikoden book seem to have an "editor" where as the II book do not, I'm not sure if that person have more to do with the art or the story, but the artistic style and result feels more consistent and polished in the first book than the II book. After reading them a few more times, it appears the book for the first game follows the game very closely, the only thing different than the game was that Tir met with Kraze after Teo left, instead of after meeting Barbarossa. Everything else from the game seems to be in the book, from Teo leaving during the night, Ted's fights with Futch then Luc, Cleo getting the fire rune from Leknaat... book 1 ends right before Ted uses the Soul Eater againest the queen ant(why does she/it wear a top?).

The II manga is very different from the game and the artwork is also much looser(worst), I will admit that if the book was to follow the game exactly, than the pacing of the early story will be slow and slightly redundant, but it just flew by lots of events like Riou & Jowy getting caught from escaping, and totally omitted them meeting Rina, Ellie, & Bolgan, though the page with Rowd and his sister was a nice touch. Book ends with the group meeting Apple, I can't read the words to be sure but it seems the number of Jowston cities Luca's burned were also reduced to speed up the story. Overall, both book are solid and well worth reading even for someone who doesn't understand japanese like myself.

Book 3 of the V Castle of Dawn series gets away from the game a bit too but it is still fantastic, Lym takes on a much bigger role early on as she sneaks out of the castle during the Sacred Games and gets caught up in the Marina kidnapping, which lead to an all out battle with most of the queen's knights including Ferid(who was not featured enough in the game), again it showed of Lym's character and the relationship between her and the Prince. The book ends when the queen's party leaves stormfist, the series is totally awesome in every way with the next book already out which I still need to get. The only worry I have is that the key plot is progressing so slow, that it's very unlikely the story will be finished before they stop producing the comics, if it haven't been stopped already...

Once again, they are well worth the price, please buy these books and support Suikoden.
Nanami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Official Genso Suikoden Manga for I II & V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with JJRRS, we should buy as much suikoden things as we can. That for sure supports Suikoden. I think everyone who loves suikoden try to support it in a lot of different ways. But well, I hope being able to read those without needing to learn japanese. Im a collector but I would like to know what Im reading, too. Its enough to me if thats in english even if its not my native language. I mailed Tokyopop some weeks ago for asking them if they will bring them and they replied me they will review this sugestion... I know its hard but we wont know until we try ;P
By the way, JJRRS im trying to get this last volume of suikoden V manga too >.< i dont know why they did so few of them.
daoster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official Genso Suikoden Manga for I II & V Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Almost 15 years after the original Suikoden, and 11 years after its sequel we get comics...retelling their story.

Glad to see Konami is doing something useful with the Suikoden franchise! </sarcasm>

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Better these, than whatever new stories they are trying to write via Suikoden Tierkreis?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: