Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Novel names?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Novel names? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What was everything named in the novels I tried serching for a similar topic but it didn't go well.

I know

Suikoden 1
Hero:Tir
Castle:Toran

Suikoden 2
Hero:Riou
Castle:
Army:

Suikoden 3
Firebringer:
Castle:

Suikoden 4
Hero: Lazlo
Boat:

Suikoden 5:
Hero: Freyjadour Falenas
Castle:
Army: Royalist

I'm pretty sure I got what little I know right I'm not sure if everything that can be named is listed. I'm still searching through the forum topics to see if I can find a topic and If i do i'll just close this.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When in doubt, I check with Gensopedia: [url:uxw376ob]http://gensopedia.duefiumi.com/index.php? title=Main_Page[/url:uxw376ob]

Riou's army was called the Allied Army and the castle was North Window.

Hugo's the Flame Champion of the Second Fire Bringer, Budehuc is the name of the castle.

Lazlo's ship is the Dauntless.

The Loyalist Army in V had the castle at Ceras Lake as it's headquarters.

Hope this helps :)
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Novel names? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

did the original Flame Champion have a name? I don't see it on that wiki.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think he did. Everyone's got a "real" name but that guy. I wish they would've given him a canon name, because it's weird that he's the one you name, not the tenkai.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="JetTheHellfire":39speugz]I don't think he did. Everyone's got a "real" name but that guy. I wish they would've given him a canon name, because it's weird that he's the one you name, not the tenkai.

I guess i'll just name him Locke then.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Novel names? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What was Riou's company called before he named the army? or is that the same propt
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same thing. When I first played the game, I made the mistake of thinking I'd get to name my army later and got stuck with a name I didn't really like because I thought the company name didn't matter much. I know "Allied" is the canon army name, but why name the company that, right?
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="JetTheHellfire":3qd5ccri]Same thing. When I first played the game, I made the mistake of thinking I'd get to name my army later and got stuck with a name I didn't really like because I thought the company name didn't matter much. I know "Allied" is the canon army name, but why name the company that, right?

I can see why most people name their company the Unicorn Company. I know i did it my very first time. I've heard alot of other people do it too.

I assume we all get it form the Unicorn Brigade.
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, probably. I'm not very creative, and I didn't think the company name was going to be the army name. My mistake was that Bad Company was playing on the radio at the time :oops:

At least the replay value gives me many chances to NEVER make that mistake again :lol:
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually the name for Suikoden 2's castle is Dunan Castle. If you try to name it North Window Castle the name won't fit because it has too many letters. North Window is the name of the city that used to be there. North Window no longer exists.

And I was under the assumption that the Suikoden 2 army was called the Jowston Army.

^Actual quote!
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because it won't fit the space provided, it doesn't mean that the name isn't correct. It's just a system limitation, which was obviously removed in Suikoden V with its generous amount of free character spaces made available.

Why are the novels given preference anyway? V's Prince has three given names in three different media adaptation to date, and the first two games' heroes have no less than two each now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: