Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

001 - Close Encounters of the Q'orren Kind

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: 001 - Close Encounters of the Q'orren Kind Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

“Relativism should be confronted where it damages fundamental human rights, because we're not relativists if we believe that the human being should be at the centre of society and the rights of every human being should be respected.”
-Rocco Buttiglione

[center:6dpvdut7] —Midnight Dawn Chapter XI: The Q’orren Quandary—[/center:6dpvdut7]

A year has gone by since the fall of One Nation, Ohio, and the UCPA. The New United Nations, now with a new Vice President, Michael Wight, the very man who had disbanded the UCPA when its leadership fell in his lap after the incident had gone out of control.

In that year, the New United Nations has grown in it’s duty to keep the world stable, and allow nations to grow independently. There had been no major incidents since that time.

In a small office, filled with books, and photographs of family, Andrew Lizar sat, late at night, reading over several documents. He had been offered a much larger one, but had refused it, believing that he shouldn’t be treated specially.

Andrew yawned to himself, as he signed another document he had finished reading. It was an appropriations bill, he’d spent the last six hours pouring through it. He did not choose the life of a politician, it chose him. The New United Nations had elected him president without him even running for office. He had merely asked if he could help them after the Flash Point incident (editors note: An event between chapters 9 and 10, see me for more details if you want it). Because of this, Andrew took much time before signing any bill that came to his desk. He had become notorious for this fact, and also quite loved by many people due to this.

“I swear, there’s so much double speak in these bills.” Andrew sighed, putting the bill in his out box, “I’ll have to have another ‘plain speak’ session about this one.” He groaned to himself.

Standing up, Andrew walked towards his door, and opened it. A man dressed in a black suit and in a black sunglasses was standing vigilant, “Burning the midnight oil, sir?” he asked matter of factly.

Andrew chuckled, “Wish I could burn the political double talk, but since I can’t, yes, I most certainly was. Don’t worry Agent Perry, I was just going home.”

“Yes sir.” Agent Perry responded as Andrew turned into pure light and flew out the window.

Another agent walked up confused to Agent Perry, “Was that just the President just now?!” the new agent asked confused.

Agent Perry nodded, “He does that.”

[center:6dpvdut7]***[/center:6dpvdut7]

Appearing in his home, in his study, Andrew Lizar walked through the candle like lights lit halls of the upstairs, checking in on the nursery, he found his young son, Adrian sleeping in his crib, Andrew smiled at his son, before closing the door, not wanting to interrupt his sleep. He next walked to Alex’s room, opening the door quietly; he smiled at his elder son. Ever since the incident at Flash Point, it had become very important to Andrew to keep a very warm eye on Alex, whom had saved him there.

Closing the door just as quietly, Andrew closed in to the master bedroom, that belonged to his wife, Ibuki and himself. He still opened it quietly before entering, and closing the door.

Ibuki smiled, “Long day, honey?” She asked warmly.

“Yeah, another appropriations bill,” Andrew chuckled lightly, “But tomorrow’s the day of the tournament, so we can all go together.”

Ibuki hit Andrew with a pillow playfully, “You really worry too much Andy.” She said.

Andrew grinned a bit, “Well, that is my job.” He said removing the pillow from his face, “Still, you’re right.” He chuckled, before going to bed himself.

The very large airship, The Enterprise V was flying towards Houston for a pickup, the ship was best described as grand, with red curtains with goldish yellow trimming on the windows, and all the size and grandeur of a pre tech world. You could fit an entire army in this ship, and keep it well fortified.

But right now, it belonged to the Freedom Fighters, the Rebels of the Tech era. Currently lead by Marcus Lizar, the third leader the group had known, the rebels consisted of mostly grizzled veterans. Permanent members were rare, but they included Eddy Watts, a master of Electricity and technological genius, Kevin McIan, a swordsman of great skill and streetsmarts, Glenn Franklin, a mysterious swordsman and longtime friend of Shadow – a long since gone member, and founding members, Gades, Cid and Robo – the trio of airship experts, who had kept the Enterprise airship line going all this time.

“I can’t tell you how amazing this ship is.” Marcus commented to Gades.

Gades grinned, “Well, it is our finest work yet.” He said proudly.

“So, we’ll be going to the tournament then?” Glenn asked curiously.

“That’s the plan, the God of Fighting tournament has always been a good training ground, and even Andrew’s going.” Marcus commented, “So we can’t let the New UN show us up, even if it is led by our former leader! Am I right?!” Marcus said with a silly tone.

“Fair enough.” Glenn said, trying hard not to laugh at Marcus’ intended sillyness.

“Sirs, we are docking with the Houston base shortly.” A robotic voice said, belonging to the robot, Robo.

“Thanks Robo, don’t know what we’d do without you!” Marcus said with a happy tone.

“I am to please, Sir Marcus.” Robo said in what could best be described as a proud tone, though not quite.

The ship docked with the rebel base in Houston, a new feature they had added to the base, since the ship had been introduced to them.

Kevin and Watts stood waiting by, both carrying a piece of luggage with them.

“Hey, what took you so long, was there a giant floating ice burg ahead of you again?” Kevin said with a bit of a snarky tone in his voice.

“Don’t take him too seriously, we were just reminiscing over the Akigiyama fight.” Watts said with a grin.

Marcus laughed a bit, “I was just waiting for him to mention Rupert and his bum problems.”

“All aboard, sirs?” Robo asked.

“Yes, Robo, I believe we are.” Kevin said kindly as he and Watts walked onto the ship together.

“Let’s get this ship to Johannesburg, South Africa, and the God of Fighting tournament!” Marcus said pointing forward dramatically as the ship did indeed turn in the direction, to take off.

Elsewhere under a starry sky in the grass...

Akira Kusanagi, the long missing “God of Destruction”, and longtime member of the Freedom Fighters sat on the ground with Miwan, the two having committed time together, alone, and in peace after their recent ordeal.

“There’s another tournament starting tomorrow.” Miwan said, almost proposing a question.

Akira smiled, “I know.” He said matter of factly.

“Want to go?” Miwan asked him quietly.

“Maybe… but right now, I just want to stay here.” He said warmly.

“Well, let’s think about it together then.” Miwan said with a grin.

Logan had kept running, and unsure of his place in the world, still feeling like there were eyes on him. Not knowing where to turn or where to go, he still was on the run, town to town. Never staying put for more then a day, he kept running into the same flier however.

It was an advertisement for the God of Fight tournament, in South Africa.

“Must be rather popular to advertize out here…” Logan said to himself before passing onwards.

June 14th, 2014, 2:15 PM – Johannesburg, South Africa, The God of Fighting Tournament Arena

The God of Fighting Tournament was a contest of strength open to all who wished to enter. It was held irregularly, and this was a year that was chosen for it to be held, where it always was, in Johannesburg South Africa. The ring itself was a stadium with seats to match. The grounds were full of vibrantly green grass with some black mats on top leading to the ring itself from four different entrances on the ground floor to the indoor portion of the stadium. It has grown in popularity over the years thanks in no small part to the usual participation by the Freedom Fighters and their friends. The ring itself was a giant stone slab which and been topped with some rubber to make falls less fatal, though they were still often bloody per the crowd’s calls. In recent years to grow appeal an announcer had been hired to narrate the fights.

This announcer walked in dressed in a nice suit and tie, he pulled his microphone out of his breast pocket, and began to speak in a showmanship style, “Ladies and Gentleman, Mystics, and Fellpurr, welcome to the God of Fighting Tournament! This year we are proud to boast over 50 fighters will be competing before your very eyes, but only ONE will be crowned the God of Fighting!!” He said enthusiastically.

“This year we are proud to include in our fighting ranks several current and past members of the world famous Freedom Fighters, including as a special appearance, the very President of the New United Nations himself, Andrew Lizar! We’ve got quite the show for you folks, but first we’ve got an opening presentation on the tournaments history!” The announcer said, bowing, and walking off the stage, as the rather large televisions around the arena came to life with said video.

Within one of the ready rooms, within a structure with windows, and a door exiting to the arena, the Freedom Fighters all stood together readying for their go at the tournament.

Suddenly, entering the room was a bunch of men in black suits, as they seemed to seal off the entrance to the room, the leader of them spoke in a monotone voice, “We have this area secured, so don’t try anything during this visit.”

Marcus looked at the agent with a confused look, “Oookay.” He said equally confused.

Walking through the lines, Andrew Lizar, Michael Wight, Red, Blue, Ibuki (holding Adrian), and Alex appeared.

“Was that really necessary, Agent Perry?” Andrew asks.

“Yes, sir.” Agent Perry said in a monotone response.

Andrew shrugged, but then smiled, “Glad to see you all made it.”

Marcus grinned, “You think I’d miss my nephew’s first tournament fight?!” He said with a warm gesture.

Alex ran over to Marcus, who then hugged him, “How’s it going kid?”

“Great!” Alex said with a happy grin.

Ibuki laughed, “He’s been looking forward to this all week.”

“All month mom!” Alex said in a slightly upset tone.

Ibuki grinned, “Okay then, kiddo.” She said with a grin.

“Anyone seen Akira around?” Marcus asked curiously, “This seems like Miwan and his sort of place.”

“Not sure if they’ll be here or not, after the ordeal with Krill, the both of them needs some time away. I can understand, I was the same after… well you know.” Andrew said in a hesitant tone.

Kevin nodded, “Don’t worry about it, our group seems to go through those moments a lot.”

There was a sound of the crowd roar coming from the outside, as the announcer walked back in.

“I’m still not sure if this is wise for you to be fighting in.” Michael Wight commented to Andrew.

“It’s alright, they elected a three time God of Fight Tournament participant, if they didn’t expect me to go again, they didn’t know me very well. It’s a good place to practice.” Andrew responded warmly, “Besides, my son’s going in it, so, so am I!” he said confidently.

The outside announcer was patched into the incoming speakers, “And our first round – the famous Andrew Lizar, versus an unkown fighter, who registered under the name of Setzer!”

“No way…” Andrew said as he began his walk out to the arena.

“Alkasetzer’s still kicking is he? Good to know!” Kevin said with a smile.

Andrew walked onto the arena to much cheering, if the cheering was indicative of his popularity, he’d never need to worry about a re election loss.

Facing him was indeed none other then Alkasetzer, a long since retired member of the Freedom Fighters, he had left the group in disgust after Midnight’s death.

“Long time no see, Setz.” Andrew said with a warm smile.

“Likewise, don’t think I’ve forgiven any of you for Midnight’s death or anything… but it’s… good to see you after so long, ‘kid.” Setz said in a decently warm tone as he drew his sword, readying for battle.

Andrew smiled, it had been a long time since he’d been referred to like that, and it brought him to a happy memory.

The announcer didn’t seemed phased by any of this, and declared the start of the fight.

Andrew formed a sword of laser light to counter Setz’s sword attacks, and the two began to flash blows. It was a sight to behold as flashes of light streamed out from their clashes, and their equal skill gave quite the show.

About four minutes into their fight, they – and the entire audience went into a complete stop, staring at the sky.

At that moment in the bright blue sky an image of a head of a man with pointed elf like ears appeared. It spoke very shortly afterwards,

“People of the planet Earth, we come in peace and wish to meet with your leaders to begin trade and other agreements. We are the Q’orren and we are here to help all of you, for it is what we do!” The voice and the image faded.

Andrew looked at the image in near disbelief, he had never heard of the Q’orren before, but he himself was born on another world. He was somewhat excited to see another interstellar race make contact with Earth.

He kept his beam sword up, but he looked at Alkasetzer worryingly.

“Don’t you worry about it, ‘kid, go do what you’re there for. We’ll carry on!” Setzer replied to Andrew’s unspoken query.

Andrew nodded, running back inside, an emergency session would need to be called.

“But… what… what about our epic matches?!” The referee complained sadly.

Several hours later, at the Johannesburg New UN office

Andrew and Michael Wight were on a warpath of information searching. Where had the signal come from, would there be any further? Could they contact the senders back? The very public sky “broadcast” had been seen all over the world, and some panic had occurred.

“You’re an alien Andrew, any ideas about who these Q’orren are?” Michael Wight asked with some hope.

Andrew shook his head, “I’m afraid not. I was very young when I left Lizar during the Tech War. I’m afraid I don’t know of much more then you do, and even then it’s mainly my own people.” He said as the both of them were currently going through some hard copy files.

Very quickly after, however, an aide had run in quickly, “Sirs it’s happening again, but this time on our conference screen only.”

Andrew turned to Wight, “Go ahead; I just want to check one thing real quick before I join you.” Andrew said calmly, though his shaking hands proved he was holding in much excitement.

Michael Wight nodded as he headed into the conference room.

On the screen was a woman dressed in an ornate military uniform, she greeted him as he entered, “So, you are the leader of this world, we, the Q’orren wish to make arrangements with you.”

Wight stroked his beard, “So you stated earlier, though I wish you hadn’t done it in that way.”

The woman blushed slightly, “Forgive us, we wanted to announce ourselves early, rather then raise any fear. My name is Valinthia, I am in charge of our exploration operations, and you sir, are?”

Wight smiled, “I am Michael Wight, vice president to the New United Nations. Our president will be here shortly.”

Valinthia nodded, “I understand, we must appear strange to you, we wish only to bring you prosperity. I must say you seem less shocked to find alien life then we expected, though.” She commented lightly.

Michael Wight smiled, “There’s a reason for that…” he said hesitantly.

At about this time Andrew Lizar walked into the room, and he spoke as he did so, “Forgive my lateness visitors, it is good to see someone else who is not native to this world in so long. My name is Andrew Lizar, and I am the president of the New United Nations. It is a pleasure to meet you.” He said.

Valinthia’s eyes went wide, she was staring at Andrew very visibly, “Those eyes… that name… you’re….”

Andrew grinned, “Yes, you’re right, I’m not human, though I’m amazed you know of my people, I am one of two surviving Lizarians.”

Valinthia’s composure seemed to return immediately, “Why yes, the Lizarian’s… valor was well remembered in the interstellar community. I can see we will have much to discuss when we arrive. Until then, we will refrain from any further broadcasts per your request.” Valinthia commented.

Andrew nodded, “We appreciate that.”

The screen went dead.

“So, what do you think?” Michael Wight asked Andrew.

“I don’t know yet, these Q’orren are quite the quandary.”

Michael Wight nodded in agreement, “An enigma, to be sure.”

The Q’orren Space Ship “Glorious Enlightenment”

“Damn it! How could any of the Lizarians be alive, let alone here! It’s such a bother!” Valinthia screamed loudly.

Another Q’orren, a male dressed in his own ornate uniform sighed, “You may be the head of the military Valinthia, but you lack any discipline. Any enemy will fall before us.” He said matter of factly.

“Silence, Krix! You don’t want me to find you a traitor do you? After all, your son is one, so perhaps so is the father!”

Krix sighed quietly, “As you wish, commander.”

A third one dressed in a white robe grinned, “Actually this is very exciting. I’ve trained my entire life to fighting Lizarians, and I thought they were all dead. This is a wonderful gift.” He said with an enjoyment for each word stated.

“Yes, we know you want to kill them Xorn, just make sure you do!” Valinthia ordered angrily, “Lets get a move on you lazy louts! Conquest awaits us!”

TO BE CONTINUED…
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: