Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Jowy sided with Highland Army

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raikenjenova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Jowy sided with Highland Army Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are the reasons :

- Jowy wanna protect Riou and Pilika from the war
- Jowy wanna kills Luca Blight,
- Jowy loves Jillia
- Jowy don't wanna anything happens to Riou and trying to stopping him, but he can't.

Besided... some reason may be truthful;

- After have a "husband-wife scene", Jillia Blight takes Pilika out from L'renouille to Harmonia
- Jowy cried a bit after look at the X sign @tenzan pass, but he stay calm when Riou comes.
- Jowy thinks, with the Rune of the Black Sword, he can protect anything. but truthly, he sacrificed the Black Sword indirectly to summon Beast Rune, and it's all is OUT of Jowy's mind.
- Jowy have jealous to Riou because, as a rich guy, he can buy anything, but not the relationship between pals.
- Jowy seems have a little feeling to Nanami, but know her tomboy frog-faced girl, the feeling does fly away ;P]

i think it's all i can say about him.
because at this Suikoden2, he is my favourite character from 108 SOD :D
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought he was simply being influenced by the black sword rune to fight agaisnt Riou, rather than doing it with his free will.
raikenjenova

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm... :unsure:
Yeah, Leknaat once said it... :|
He used the Black Sword rune, and the Rune revealed Han's personality.
Maybe Jowy recognized it. and "will to protect people" makes him join side with Highland Army and ask Riou to leave the war, just to AVOID the history of war beetwen Genkaku and Han. :D
(Remember the story Viktor once tells?) :mrgreen:
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Without admiting that Jowy was being influenced by the rune, Jowy's actions dont make any sense.
Was war the only way to solve matters at hand? Did Jowy needed to betray Riou or refuse to cease fire? If he is the king, he could have made peace, violence only creates more violence.

Really, I think the relations with Toran (which where made by peace) are much more stable than those with the Higheast region(which where made by war). The higheast rebelion is a proof of this.
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, he didn't seek peace after he became king himself, because (as he admitted somewhen in the game) he realised there can't be any real peace, because both nations were too powerful and as long as they would exist the possibility for another war would be there, would be real. Hence he decided that one nation would need to defeat the other nation in order to establish a lasting peace.

The Fool
Skydragon9

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think that there would be more an more wars fought between the two nation because highland was in between Harmonia an Dunan so it would not be able to expaned like it wanted to.So because of what happened to Luca Blight it brought ever thing to a head sooner then it most likely would of in which jowy saw a chance to cool the war down after what luca was most likely keep on doing if he was not stopped.
Matthew McDohl

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Jowy joined Highland to bring them down from the inside?
Because he didnt think Riou was strong enough to defeat Luca...

that is why he set himself up to be King so he could end the war on his terms...Not Agares or Lucas.
leon049

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Jowy sided with Highland Army Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what he was after at first, but he bagan to realize all of these things that wouldn't be stopped just with luca's death
hannah08

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Jowy sided with Highland Army Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think its because he's jealous of Riou.. but even though it seemed that he betrayed Riou, i still like him..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: