Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

125 - Epilogue: Astral And Arcane (part 1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: 125 - Epilogue: Astral And Arcane (part 1) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

((NDR: Many events that Akira is talking about here would have taken place at the end of Chapter 9, had they been allowed to occur. Thank you very much Megatron, you communist piece of shit.))

[p:1jl32wpm]Khali breathed heavily as she picked herself up off the ground. She lay on her hands and knees before the man standing before her. Her energy was drained as she had thrown spell after spell at her enemy, only for him to shrug the spells off like so many flies. Jaearr told her that this man, Krill Mobius, could never die. It wasn't a euphemism. He was affected by the same long-life spell that was cast upon Jaearr, making him literally immortal. But even if he wasn't, it wouldn't have mattered. His magic power was so much stronger than hers, and he boasted that he was as far beyond Mystics as Mystics were beyond humans. She was nearly exhausted, and he hadn't even gotten started. He was toying with her.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"It's futile, woman," Krill said to her. "Nothing you do can kill me. Why waste your life trying to prove to yourself otherwise? Go back to your friends. I have no desire to kill you here."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Shut up!" Khali shouted. "It's because of you...it's because of you that Soljin died!" This man was her mortal enemy. She knew this once she learned that he was the one that gave Soljin the Mobius Bracelet. And she'd sworn to avenge her beloved ever since she learned of his death.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]But Krill's words rung true. She'd thrown her most powerful spells at Krill, and nothing slowed him down. She had nothing left.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Perhaps one thing left.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]She struggled to lift herself to her feet. She heard some noise behind her and saw her friends. Akira, Miwan, Yue. They'd finally caught up to her. Surely they would try to stop her from what she was about to do.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]But she had one option left. She didn't know if the spell would work. She didn't even know the spell itself. She'd only seen it used. But she had to try. She had to do this. For her beloved.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]She drew the rune in the air and chanted.[/p:1jl32wpm]

"Darkness beyond blackest pitch
Emptiness beyond deepest void"

[p:1jl32wpm]She could hear the others screaming behind her. They knew what was coming, but at this point they couldn't stop it. Attempting to do so would only cause the spell to go out of control.[/p:1jl32wpm]

"I summon thee to the material world
I grant thee my body and soul as thy vessel"

[p:1jl32wpm]She opened her eyes. Krill was laughing at her. She couldn't hear his laughing, because the only sound she heard was the gathering of arcane power all around her, but she saw him mocking her. He was making no attempt to stop her. Khali swore that he would be laughing to the grave.[/p:1jl32wpm]

"May chaos reign anew in this world of tranquility
May the energies of the arcane nether come forth and..."

[p:1jl32wpm]Khali suddenly felt the arcane energies entering her body, and her eyes widened. She'd meddled with the arcane before, as she knew the spell of Almagus (or Ultima as Janus called it), but this was unlike anything she'd felt before. It was as if liquid fire was suddenly flowing throughout her veins, threatening to burst out at any time. The sudden shock of the arcane forced her to her knee. She tried to continue the spell, but it was already too late. She'd lost control of the Almaghest.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Khali suddenly screamed as purple flame jetted from her mouth. If the pain of the arcane initially flowing through her body was excruciating, then this was a million times worse. It felt like her very soul was being torn apart. She felt the pressure of the arcane energy building up in her, as if she were a bubble that would burst any moment. The pain became even more excruciating and Khali screamed louder and louder and...[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Khali woke up screaming.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Another dream. Khali looked at her surroundings. She was still at the medical point on the outskirts of New Belexes. She felt a slight stinging pain in her right forearm and put her left hand over it. She looked at the purple glowing veins that surrounded the arm, a reminder of her mistake, and clutched the bedsheets to her body, almost in despair.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"No, not a dream," Khali thought to herself. "How could I have been so stupid?"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]She sighed heavily, finally calming down. She reached for the glass of water on the end table to her right. When she looked at it, however, she saw that the cup it was contained in, began to change shape. Several shards of crystal suddenly jutted out of it, nearly piercing through Khali's hand before she pulled it away. Just her luck. It was happening again.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]She cast a cantrip over the communication crystal on the wall and spoke. "I need Anwyn in here! Quickly!"[/p:1jl32wpm]

[p:1jl32wpm]Andrew, Akira, Miwan, and Yue were meeting with Anwyn in New Belexes. It was about time that Akira had explained what had happened. Anwyn had already been filled in, as he was keeping Khali in his care, but everything was completely new to Andrew.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Wait a minute," Andrew said. "You're telling me that Dr. Righteous survived that Almaghest in Los Angeles?"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"More or less," Akira replied. "The man had more tricks up his sleeve than I anticipated. I'll let Miwan take it from here."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Well, we picked up right where we left off after we left Ohio," Miwan said. "We took Jaearr's advice and looked for where Soljin got ahold of that bracelet. Our search took us to Turkey, of all places. We found out that the man who sold the bracelet was named Hakan Mehmet. He was a collector of ancient antiques. We never found the man, but we did find out that he looked exactly like Dr. Righteous."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Wait," Andrew said. "Dr. Righteous sold the bracelet to Soljin?"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Yes, believe it or not," Miwan replied. "And it was at about that time that we got a call from Anwyn. It turned out that Belexes raised itself from the ocean again."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Andrew remembered Belexes. It was the old Mystic capital, before their exile to the surface. Soljin used it briefly as a base of operations. And it was there that Vera Leart was murdered by Soljin. "For what reason?" Andrew asked.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"We went there to find out," Miwan replied. Her voice lowered as she continued. "And we found Akira there, along with the missing Kendou and Mesia felinefolk. He was going to do what Soljin was going to do. He was going to use the felinefolk tribes as a sacrfiice to the Mobius Bracelet to grant his desire."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Andrew looked at Akira, who was quite uncomfortable talking about this, but said nothing. This was something Andrew needed to know. "What desire was that?" Andrew asked.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"To settle my regrets," Akira replied quietly. "To undo everything that Soljin did. To revive the Mystics that were all murdered by him. And..." Akira breathed heavily and looked at his wife briefly, then looked Andrew in the eyes. "And to bring back Vera."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Oh man," Andrew said quietly.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"It was a thought that entertained my mind," Akira said. "I kept pushing it out of my head, but eventually it just consumed every part of my being. Then Righteous appeared and came to me. He told me a way to bring Vera back. He told me that I could erase my past regrets. I should have said no, but it was already too late for me. The bracelet had its hold on me."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"So we tried to stop Akira," Miwan said. "It wasn't easy. The bracelet made Akira so much stronger. We couldn't stop him with brute force, but I finally got something to wake up within him."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Really?" Andrew asked. "What did you do?"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Akira blushed a bit. "She hugged me."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Andrew laughed a bit. "Well, that's a surprise, but I guess I can see how that would work."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"I stopped Akira for a while," Miwan said. "But then Righteous appeared. He was screaming at Akira, telling him 'Finish the ritual! I've waited a thousands of years for this! Finish the ritual!' Akira was so confused as to whether to do as Righteous said or ignore him that he pushed me away and then ripped his own arm off, bracelet and all, and threw it aside! And then everything went wrong. Righteous took the bracelet for himself, and then he started using magic on us!"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Wait a minute!" Andrew said. "Righteous was a Mystic!?"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"No, Righteous was actually something much more powerful," Akira said. "He probably would have killed us all then and there had Jaearr not intervened and sent us back to New Belexes. Gades and Cid were brought in to help repair me and outfit me with some new orihalcum metal to help combat Righteous' magic. In the meantime, Jaearr finally spilled the beans to Miwan about everything going on."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Jaearr told me of the story of his homeworld of Motaria," Miwan explained. "It was a world not unlike ours, until one day a wizard named Baron Mobius created an artifact that began draining the mana from the world. It was none other than the Mobius Bracelet itself. Jaearr and a few others stopped Baron Mobius long ago, but it was too late. The Bracelet was already threatening to destroy Motaria. They could do nothing to stop it, so four of the strongest Motarians cast a long-life spell on themselves to become immortal, in the hopes that some day they could restore Motaria. One of them was Jaearr. The others were Jaearr's teacher Beldoss, their mutual friend Count Yannik, and Baron Mobius' son, Krill Mobius."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Krill," Andrew said, thinking. "Jaearr asked me about that name before, but I didn't know him."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Oh you knew him," Akira replied. "We all did. We just knew him as Dr. Righteous."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Oh man," Andrew said, shaking his head.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Krill had stolen the bracelet long ago," Akira explained, "and had traveled from world to world with it. He discovered that the bracelet had the power to grant one's desire at the cost of a great blood sacrifice, including the life of the person who used it. But granting this desire would unleash the mana of all of Motaria. Effectively, this would revive the world of Motaria, but at the same time, destroy the world that the bracelet was on. Because Krill was immortal, and therefore couldn't die as part of the sacrifice, he couldn't use the bracelet himself, so he gave the bracelet to many men throughout many worlds, promising that the bracelet would grant their desires, all in the hopes of restoring the world of Motaria. But every time he was thwarted by Jaearr, who had been chasing him throughout the multiverse. Only recently did he find his way to this world, and found a proud Mystic emperor by the name of Soljin. Soljin tried, but was stopped by Midnight. Then I got ahold of the bracelet. Krill knew that I would never kill as many people as Soljin did with the bracelet, so he had to get creative. Dr. Righteous' entire anti-Mystic, anti-felinefolk propaganda was nothing more than a plan to put felinefolk in UPCA internment camps. Those felinefolk were the intended blood sacrifice for me. It was also a part of his plan to bring me out into the open."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Damn," Andrew said, "so what happened with Krill?"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"We finally stopped him," Akira said. "We used a device created by Jaearr to completely scramble his mind and imprison him in a crystal. Wasn't an easy fight, let me tell you. Krill's prison and the Mobius Bracelet were both taken by Jaearr, who left for another world, promising to find a way to destroy the Mobius Bracelet forever."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Well that's good," Andrew replied. "I hope the bracelet doesn't possess him, too."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Jaearr's had more experience with such things," Akira said, "so I'm not too worried about him. Of course our victory came at a cost."[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"What do you mean?" Andrew asked. Just then Anwyn felt his communication crystal going off. He picked it up and cast a cantrip on it.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Yeah, this is Anwyn," he said.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"You'd better get to point 0 right away," spoke a voice from the other end. "It's Khali!"[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]Anwyn nodded. "I'll be right there." He put the crystal away and spoke to the others. "We need to go see Khali."[/p:1jl32wpm]

[p:1jl32wpm]The group was taken to an underground installation on the border of new Belexes. It was actually a part of the old underground Mystic colony, and was intended as a medical ward. They went to Khali's room, which was sealed by a protection spell. Andrew wondered why the need for such a thing, until he saw Khali in the flesh.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Bout time you got here," she said to Anwyn. When she turned to face the others, they noticed everything that was different about her. The entire right side of her body was covered in dark purple veins that resembled burn scars, and her right eye was an eerie solid deep blue. Strange arcane energy was eminating from her body constantly. More than anything, though, Andrew could simply feel the power welling within Khali. It was so immense and like nothing that he had felt before.[/p:1jl32wpm]
[p:1jl32wpm]"Well, you always wanted to know what happens when you screw up casting an Almaghest," Anwyn said. "There you go."[/p:1jl32wpm]

((TO BE CONTINUED...))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: